Two cameras I hope become available

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Well keep in mind this is not a typical ptz, it's a PT camera and a ultra-mini at that. Traditional Dahua PTZ's kick major ass- they're excellent. This little guy was tossed the ability to move about too, which is pretty dang nifty. But it is not truly a PTZ camera in the typical sense. I'm amazed what they pulled off in such a small camera.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
heh glad to be the guinni pig; I figured it was too cheap to be great but I had hoped Dahua would do better; with at least reliable positioning if nothing else.

Good news is I love the image; its much better than my other cheap dahua bullet (2200s).. pretty close to the 4300s in image quality.. I love the size; its very low key and I can make it work for its intended application fine; Ive decided its going right over/against the door looking down.. basically a fancy peep hole camera. Unlike a bullet or dome its small enough it wont be noticeable until someone comes to the door and I can utilize the PT(Z) features for changing the framing of the image to monitor packages, people, etc... the 3MP right above the door with this lens will deliver a great view.

Its applications are very limited being flat celling mount only and zero 3D positioning.. but at least its not fixed to 180 degrees and for $170 I could have got alot worse of an image out of a fixed camera. I was originally going to put a Hik 3M MiniDome there with IR but that would have cost more and I dont need IR.. I think this is more discrete with its micro dome

-- Edit --
I installed it right above the door, so everyone passing through is going right by it near full frame face shots.. I dont have alot of headroom above the door but this tiny lil thing works out perfect with its low profile.. I really like it where its at; I can see 2 parking areas fine and anyone standing at the door is bound to look right up into the camera when they notice it, from the sidewalk its nearly invisible and thats exactly how I wanted it. This spot I dont need to P&T but I can use the PT functions to check the whole front of the house and look on the ground right infront of the door for packages.. Overall I am very pleased with this really cheap Dahua PT cam... I am doubting I need a 2nd camera on the driveway now, at least not immediately..
New light is in the mail from Smart Home, I am going to mask this one off so passing cars/foot traffic dont really set it off and increase the brightness time to maximum.

Last edited by a moderator:

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have to disagree with BP. I think Dahua did a great job considering the size and price range. There are tons of PTZ's out there that are absolute garbage. This is far from garbage and it's a great
price.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Nayr, with the light on, tell the camera to be b+w. That slight noise will probably disappear and the image will seem more crisp. I like having color no matter what also, but just for testing purposes,
just try it and see what happens.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not as much a difference as I would have thought. Keep it in color :)

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
What's the deal with the light diffuser? I'd probably look for a different fixture just to clean that up, although in the end it probably won't hurt you for ID sake.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
it dont effect the ID any; it is kinda annoying in the picture but thats how it does such a good job focusing the light where its needed..

I can see it in them on the light at the backdoor too..

edited to add a screen cap of all 4 cameras at night on substreams; this is pretty much what my 3rd monitor displays 24/7.. except idle timeout will zoom the PTZ on my car in about 10mins.

I got exactly what I wanted; Great HD shots with easy ID at both front/back doors and both gates into the back yard, wide enough angles to be aware of activity all the way around my house and the added bonus of keeping an eye on my long term parking area and street parking with high fidelity day or night..

Attachments

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My next two cameras will be indoors; I was thinking of getting the 1.3MP Hikvision Pinhole camera in 2.8mm for the living room but now I think I'll save alot of money and just get a pair of IPC-HDB4300C w/90 degree FOV for under $99/each shipped for less than one of the Pinholes.. this PTZ is so small if I shoved it in a corner indoors few would even notice it.. rarely does anyone even notice the access point in the middle of the celling.

When I get the Dahua NVR I can wire it up so it records the indoor cameras when motion sensors go off in away/fully armed mode.

A Friend has been to the house twice and my parents just came over for a visit; none of em even spotted the camera above the door.. well until my wife asked my buddy if he saw the "Door UFO" and he went and found it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@nayr, if you wanted to conceal those mini domes further, you can do what vector did at a job site in nyc, where the base was up in the ceiling and only the dome itself was protruding...you would need access from above though....

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
i think these domes are so small half of it would be buried in the sheetrock and only a small portion of the dome would make it out.. interesting idea tho.. Ive got plenty of forsner bits I am sure I could find a matching size.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
photo1-8.jpg

photo3-6.png

photo2-9.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I love when people remember my clever little ideas :cool:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That one is burned in my brain...waiting for the opportunity to use it....:D

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
very slick; I could probably do that out front with a regular dome but id have to rip alot of siding off to get up between the floor.

vktran226

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry for bringing up an old thread but I was wondering if the Dahua IPC-HDB4300F-PT can be mounted on a wall vertically yet still be able to tilt down to see the space in front of the door for packages. Where do you think the best place to mount it and how for my front door? I want to mainly see who's at my front door and also look around the ground for packages. We keep the front pretty lit up at night which is the image below. Any help would much be appreciated! Another option I was looking at was the DH-SD22A204TN-GN(I)

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
its a crap camera on the front door, mine is in the kids room and proved to be entirely inadequate out front.

make sure you install your camera clear of the tar pouring on the peasants from the battlements, mebe next to the draw bridge.. :p