Ukraine related: Was Ukraine Government Is Handing Out Guns To Citizens, What Happened to Gun Control?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Helicopters flying very low in Ukraine ..

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Russian's BTG ( Battalion Tactical Group ) have a strong anti-air group, drone group, and artillery / rocket artillery.

In theory they should be able to stand off and pick apart their opponents .. challenge for Ukraine is countering this .. which they can do in Urban / wooded areas better than the open areas in the South / Eastern Ukraine.

1650658004895.png

Reaction score
Russian's BTG ( Battalion Tactical Group ) have a strong anti-air group, drone group, and artillery / rocket artillery.

In theory they should be able to stand off and pick apart their opponents .. challenge for Ukraine is countering this .. which they can do in Urban / wooded areas better than the open areas in the South / Eastern Ukraine.

View attachment 125954
This a very interesting and probably 'by the books' illustration of what it SHOULD look like. But we all know in reality, this is simply not true. Maybe for the May Day parade, but that's it. In reality, maybe 2/3's of this is functional, maybe.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It was supposed to be a fun safari - ride in jeeps and tanks, shoot from a machine gun, kill some Russians ... but something went wrong.
Indeed @N-i-k-s-o-n

I heard that also from the Tour operator ..

"It was supposed to be a 3 hour tour, just a little fun safari - ride in jeeps and tanks, shoot from a machine gun, kill some Ukrainian Nazis lead by Short Jewish comedian, pick up new to us washing machines ... but something went wrong."

and .. "No refunds"

Last edited:
Reaction score
It was supposed to be a fun safari - ride in jeeps and tanks, shoot from a machine gun, kill some Russians ... but something went wrong.
Having been 'young, dumb and full of c**' at one point in my career, I am sure he thought he was doing the right thing. But as for him thinking it was a 'fun safari' trip, I doubt it. What pisses me off, is he had a wife and an young daughter...those two things SHOULD HAVE told him to stay out of the combat arena. It's different when you are one of 'Uncle Sams Misguided Children' and on active duty, you don't have a choice. He did, and it ultimately cost him his life.

Kurtis500

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Based on the map and the relatively small number of soldiers deployed I’m not sure where they get ‘collapsing soon’ at. This certainly isn’t the 1st or 2nd Ukrainian Front in terms of size. I watch Sky News and some others and see every news agency attempting to gaslight and coerce the narrative to the public. I also have 2 dozen Telegram channels by Russians and see it there also. Fact is, the Ukrainians are falling to classic military maneuvers in the east and are going to be wiped out if they don’t do something about it. The maps and geolocations given of troops online is enough to go by.

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
Based on the map and the relatively small number of soldiers deployed I’m not sure where they get ‘collapsing soon’ at. This certainly isn’t the 1st or 2nd Ukrainian Front in terms of size. I watch Sky News and some others and see every news agency attempting to gaslight and coerce the narrative to the public. I also have 2 dozen Telegram channels by Russians and see it there also. Fact is, the Ukrainians are falling to classic military maneuvers in the east and are going to be wiped out if they don’t do something about it. The maps and geolocations given of troops online is enough to go by.
At what cost victory?

As always it's hard to form a definite picture but i don't doubt the Russians are advancing slowly and i also don't doubt they are paying a higher price for it.

What can Ukraine do?

While I'm no expert and sitting safely at home here i think at some stage the Ukrainians are going to have to go on the offensive. This could involve using the heavy artillery (supposedly on its way) to hit the Russian front lines or beyond to destroy strategic targets like fuel dumps, military bases, road, railways, communications. The deeper into Russia the better.

If the reports of low morale in the Russian army is true this could also be a benefit. Small specially trained units operating behind enemy lines could also target the above facilities in the dead of night. A few successes on Russian home soil and the young chaps Putin has sent won't be sleeping too well. He'll also have to create some fantastically fake news to satisfy the public

Im also thinking the navy is particularly vulnerable too. Destroy the bridge between Crimea and Russia and target any ships in the area by any means possible.

Remember putin is many things but he's not soft. It would be stupid to think he's being nice and holding back to save lives. He's giving it everything and making slow progress. Soldiers, missiles, tanks etc are a finite resource. The longer it goes on the less resources there will be.

EDIT just had a possible crystal ball moment after posting lol. You'll know Putin's has all but lost when the puppet in Belarus comes to his aid.

With all that said I'd like to point out again behind the strategies and horrible statistics its living, breathing people from both nations who are suffering. :(

Anybody else any thoughts?

Last edited:

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
@Kurtis500 see link for daily updates. It may be of interest. I use the term loosely but it seems a bit more balanced than the mainstream media reporting.

The updates have Russia making small / marginal gains for a week or more so i guess it's begs the question how many small / marginal gains are there in a significant gain.