Ukraine related: Was Ukraine Government Is Handing Out Guns To Citizens, What Happened to Gun Control?

Reaction score
For me the Russians have always fought the same. Artillery followed by the sending in of cannon fodder by some untouchable sitting in bunker or a palace. Repeat if necessary. Repeat again if necessary. If necessary repeat further and so on.

I think there was 27 million Russians who sadly perished in WW2. I also feel Russia could have achieved same outcome and saved lives by relinquishing control and empowering individuals with the freedom to question, think, adapt and react. Skipping forward to today there is still no autonomy of thinking just follow orders never mind the body count.

We can't have anybody questioning the Fuhrer can we?

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
Russia has reported on Ukrainian losses ..

View attachment 139746
It could be my imagination but i think i can make out ladies undies, a packet of durex and gimp maybe gas mask on the screen grab. Talk about getting taken unawares i don't know what these guys were at prior to being taken from the rear :D

Screenshot_20220913-174649.png

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
I enjoyed reading this article.

"The Russian army is rushing to get famous as the fastest army in the world," wrote Andriy Yermak - chief of staff for President Volodymyr Zelensky - on Twitter. "Keep running".

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not sure this has been picked up but with reference to the BBC article and map below the distance (north to south) from the entire front line running (east to west) to the coast of the Sea of Azov looks to be around a 100 miles. With HIMARS range of 75 miles depending on the road / networks any troops / artillery convoys ordered from the Kherson area may have to run the gauntlet to get back East. EDIT : i forgot the long impracticable way via the soon to be deconstructed Kerch bridge

i was also wondering if there was any other weaponry with a slightly longer range?

Hopefully they will give up rather than try a Richard Gere :D

1663090453349.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
I find it quite amusing how the Great Russian Bear is getting it's ass kicked. Again, I really feel for all of those that are suffering and have been injured or died because of this...but there is only one person to blame for this. And we all know who that is. Putin is a has been KGB thug that has now literally destroyed his military and the Great Russian People's reputation, which I for one have always had respect for. Not any longer.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I find it quite amusing how the Great Russian Bear is getting it's ass kicked. Again, I really feel for all of those that are suffering and have been injured or died because of this...but there is only one person to blame for this. And we all know who that is. Putin is a has been KGB thug that has now literally destroyed his military and the Great Russian People's reputation, which I for one have always had respect for. Not any longer.
Apparently, the Ukrainians are getting some much needed help.

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
Some updates today.

Public given choice of sending convicts to kill or send their children to be killed. Personally i think Russian citizens would prefer the option of withdrawing all combatants and nobody getting killed but as prisoners of fear this choice didn't make it over the wall.

War crimes are being documented in Izyum. Reports of activities your average convict can participate in along with their Russian mentors include ethnic cleansing. This should be good a character building exercise and I'm sure the public will be overjoyed if / when they make it back to Russian society rehabilitated.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This also turned out to be a very good video on the topic ..

Russia's elite 1st Guards Tank Army abandoned equipment in Izium .. this is one of the elite units from the Moscow area .. they are not LPR conscripts .. this represents a significant blow to Putin

Ukraine's counter-offensives - "Seven months from Kyiv to Kharkiv"
Perun

A few weeks ago the Ukraine war was one of attrition and grinding advances, with Russian attacks in the Donbass an Ukrainian actions in Kherson both running into heavy defensive operations.

Then suddenly the Ukrainians launched their operation in Kharkiv Oblast, and within less than a fortnight, the Ukrainians would reclaim more territory than Russian forces had gained in months of bombardment and attrition-driven advances.

The war in Ukraine began with desperate defensive operations by the Ukrainian armed forces and population. Russian forces ended the first days pushing on the Ukrainian capital as the Ukrainians called for anyone capable of holding a rifle to stand up to defend the capital.

Now, it sees Ukrainian mobile units launching exploitation operations and forcing storied units like 1st Guards Tank Army to give up its positions at Izium rather than risk encirclement.

It's a heck of a story, one for the history books - and while it's still an evolving situation and data is thin, I thought it was worth asking three questions.

What the heck just happened, how did it happen, and what does that mean for the war to come?