Ukraine related: Was Ukraine Government Is Handing Out Guns To Citizens, What Happened to Gun Control?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Good Points :

" .. irreversible politicization of the Russian space .. "
" .. we can now say .. what if not Putin Alternative .. "
" .. Putin's aura of the inevitable ordained leader and his aura of perceived legitimacy has now lapsed into real politics .. "

Putin Irrevocably Damaged

wrapter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Putin is going to purge anyone who shifted allegiance or celebrating Wagner coup within the military and the Russian FSB now has all the information it has to go after the average joes who very supporting the coup on telegram channels.

So if anything Putin is going to become stronger in the long term.

The Wagner chief is a dead man. Car accident, drowned in tub, fell from a window, some terminal disease, only question is when. My guess is probably after this war.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Putin is going to purge anyone who shifted allegiance or celebrating Wagner coup within the military and the Russian FSB now has all the information it has to go after the average joes who very supporting the coup on telegram channels.

So if anything Putin is going to become stronger in the long term.

The Wagner chief is a dead man. Car accident, drowned in tub, fell from a window, some terminal disease, only question is when. My guess is probably after this war.
FSB may turn on Putin .. especially if Putin is ill .. most certainly FSB is looking for the next Nikita Khrushchev

wrapter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
FSB may turn on Putin .. especially if Putin is ill .. most certainly FSB is looking for the next Nikita Khrushchev
They already have one Medvedev, don't see anyone else and he has made his intentions perfectly clear, he wants Kiev. While Putin for time being doesn't appear to have intentions of taking anything other then the annexed regions, but he will if the west decides to give ukraine NATO membership.

We will probably see one more regime change attempt or a coup to try stop the BRICS currency from being launched.

Without Russia support, BRICS currency will fail.

China cheap labor manufacturing will by next decade be taken over by Vietnam, India, Africa or probably by AI/robots. So china will no longer have leverage. The other members of BRICS will just support which ever direction the wind blows.

But russia has oil and vast amount of resources, so it would be interest of the US to mend ties with Russia.

Also Wagner can now pose a threat to Kiev from Belarus.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They already have one Medvedev, don't see anyone else and he has made his intentions perfectly clear, he wants Kiev. While Putin for time being doesn't appear to have intentions of taking anything other then the annexed regions, but he will if the west decides to give ukraine NATO membership.

We will probably see one more regime change attempt or a coup to try stop the BRICS currency from being launched.

Without Russia support, BRICS currency will fail.

China cheap labor manufacturing will by next decade be taken over by Vietnam, India, Africa or probably by AI/robots. So china will no longer have leverage. The other members of BRICS will just support which ever direction the wind blows.

But russia has oil and vast amount of resources, so it would be interest of the US to mend ties with Russia.

Also Wagner can now pose a threat to Kiev from Belarus.
BRICS currency .. the group members are too different to really have a good unified currency ..

Vietnam already taking a lot of the work from China .. Chinese companies easily moved south and are using Vietnamese labor ..

Russia, we all want to really trade with them .. they own so much land with good resources ..

Wagner .. I don't see how the Russian Military will give them more ammo and weapons to make a successful attempt into Kiev .. I just do not see much trust of Wagner from the Russian military ..

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Didn't they give Prigozhin Belarus?
I would worry about him with nukes.
report I saw was building a Wagner "camp" for 8,000 .. or about 1/10 of what Wager used to be ..

if that is accurate they're reducing the chances of Wagner being as successful as before ..

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Always happily surprised when I see better quality content from individual youtubers compared to typical msm ..

Wagner's Mutiny - what it means for Putin's Russia (and Coups 101)
Perun

1688323935699.png
1688323954328.png

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
actually a very good discussion on the cluster munitions by Ryan McBeth

He brings up the topic of Ukraine opening up the DPICM and using the individual bomblets for Drones .. which I had not even thought out, seems like a good use case ..

The Truth about Cluster Munitions and DPICM (Dual Purpose Improved Conventional Munitions)
Ryan McBeth

Here's a short version ..

Last edited:

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
So, does this look familiar? The Russians are such a great people...
Notice the date. Same soup, different bowl.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This was a good coverage ..

basically, the West uses Air Power to attrite the enemy and then follow up with Maneuver warfare ..

Ukraine does not much Air Power, so this is basically an artillery war .. and Ukraine needs to attrition Russia to produce the chance to go to maneuver warfare again. ( thus cluster munitions are useful to hit the trench lines )

Russia had a good opportunity to build up strong trench defense lines .. ( as Ukraine did not have Air Power to disrupt this ) .. and now they are in strong defensive positions.

1689116255371.png

How is the war going? — Mid July 2023
Anders Puck Nielsen

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
THE daughter of an ally of Vladimir Putin was mysteriously found dead in the latest death among the Russian elite.

Natalia Bochkareva, 44, died after reportedly feeling unwell the day before at her apartment in Moscow's Presnensky district.

1689369836630.png