Unable to play video from BI

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I just downloaded BI. I’ve attempted to add a new camera. I’ve used the find/inspect feature. It recognizes the camera to some degree because it kicks back all my presets when I use “find”. These are the screens I’m getting. I am using the 192.168.1.108IP Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Post screenshots of the pop up window when you hit find/inspect.

Is the computer on the same IP subnet as the camera?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Everything looks right.

Up the receive buffer to 20MB

What type of computer (processor and amount of RAM)?

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
13th gen i7. 16gb ram. 64bit operating system. Windows 11 home.

Edit: I believe I may be going through my router. Should I change the ip of BI? Or my camera?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Going thru a router can certainly cause issues if it can't keep up.

What is the IP subnet of the router?

Try it without going thru the router - can you connect the camera and computer to the same switch?

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Going thru a router can certainly cause issues if it can't keep up.

What is the IP subnet of the router?

Try it without going thru the router - can you connect the camera and computer to the same switch?
I can’t. I was just looking at RJ45 to usb adapters. If hardwiring will work, I’ll do it. Is there a router that you’d recommend that may be capable of handling it?

Edit: my transmit/receive speed is 1201 mbps if that helps?

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh so you are trying to connect to the camera thru wifi and computer isn't hardwired?

We do not recommend having cameras go thru a router. Consumer routers just can't keep up with 24/7 video. These cameras don't buffer like streaming video of Netflix.

Best practice is VLAN or dual NIC.

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Awesome. I was beating my head against the wall trying to figure it out. I suppose I can hardwire it to the router the camera is going to? Or, should I put a switch inline before the router and connect pc and camera to that?

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can you login to the camera using a browser from the BI PC and using the same password as you have setup in BI? I see it is on the defaut Dahua IP 192.168.1.108. You will need to assign another IP if you plan on connecting another new Dahua camera as they will conflict.

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you login to the camera using a browser from the BI PC and using the same password as you have setup in BI? I see it is on the defaut Dahua IP 192.168.1.108. You will need to assign another IP if you plan on connecting another new Dahua camera as they will conflict.
Yes I can. I have not setup a BI password. I did use the password for my camera in BI and it was able to communicate with it.

I can login to my camera/network on the same computer BI is on.

I may not be answering your question 100%?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
PC and camera should be on the same switch before the router. You want to avoid having the camera have to go thru the router if at all possible.

Good point above, can you log into the camera GUI with this current setup?

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, I can log into the camera’s gui using my current setup. I will try and get an adapter and an additional switch.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is the camera powered by POE switch or injector?

Is it is a POE switch, you can plug the computer into that switch.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In BI go to the substream pulldown and add the substream and see if BI can receive the lower bandwidth substream.

Reaction score
I just downloaded BI. I’ve attempted to add a new camera. I’ve used the find/inspect feature. It recognizes the camera to some degree because it kicks back all my presets when I use “find”. These are the screens I’m getting. I am using the 192.168.1.108IP Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?
Everyone is just taking shots in the dark here.

First off, you state 'add a new camera', which implies you have other cams already added to BI. Is that true?

You really should change the IP address of that cam to something other than 192.168.1.108, the 108 part being the one to change. This is because all Dahua cams come with that IP address as the default.

Just what does your network look like? As others have stated, it is not recommended to have the cam go through the router. It should be cam-switch-BI server.

Network Topology 0B.JPG

If you do not have the ability to use two NICs, then this would work:

Network Topology 2.JPG