Unbelievable find on ebay!!! Hurry!!!!

james99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I JUST FOUND THIS DEAL ON EBAY:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hikvision-DS-2CD2132F-IS-4mm-3MP-HD-1080P-Network-Mini-Dome-Infrared-camera-POE-/252085949070?hash=item3ab17e528e

i ORDERED TWO OF THEM, ONE 4MM AND ONE 2.8MM. i WENT BACK LATER AND TRIED TO ORDER ANOTHER ONE BUT GOT A MESSAGE THAT I AM ONLY ALLOWED TO ORDER 2 EVERY 10 DAYS. I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF THESE WILL BE AROUND FOR THAT LONG. I COULD NOT BELIEVE THIS!!! THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT!!!!!

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I JUST FOUND THIS DEAL ON EBAY:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hikvision-DS-2CD2132F-IS-4mm-3MP-HD-1080P-Network-Mini-Dome-Infrared-camera-POE-/252085949070?hash=item3ab17e528e

i ORDERED TWO OF THEM, ONE 4MM AND ONE 2.8MM. i WENT BACK LATER AND TRIED TO ORDER ANOTHER ONE BUT GOT A MESSAGE THAT I AM ONLY ALLOWED TO ORDER 2 EVERY 10 DAYS. I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF THESE WILL BE AROUND FOR THAT LONG. I COULD NOT BELIEVE THIS!!! THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT!!!!!
I dont want to burst your bubble, but there is absolutely no chance you are getting that camera in the mail..

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here is some free advice. If it's too good to be true, chances are it probably is.

But you know what. For that price and Paypal it's fun to see where this goes.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No it wasnt a typo, it was a fraud. They send you a package with crap or a junk camera then demand you return it at a high cost for refund.
The user was removed from ebay - no longer registered. http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=4cn6345&iid=252085949070&de=off&items=25&which=positive&interval=365&_trkparms=positive_365
Sounds more like it. I have seen a fair share of them, sometimes from good sellers but they were price typos.

I saw someone bought 10 of them, and many people 2 or so.

Now I see why scammers are still active, cause people will fall for it.

james99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here is the most recent email from ebay. I think that this means that I am still receiving it? my paypal has been charged, but not my bank.

Hello *******,
We're writing to let you know that we've removed an item you recently won:
252085949070 - Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-IS 4mm 3MP HD 1080P Network Mini Dome Infrared camera POE

Since you've already paid for the item, you don't need to do anything else. If your item hasn't arrived yet, it should arrive soon. If it doesn't, then you'll want to open a case in our Resolution Center. You can learn how to do this, plus find timelines for opening cases, at:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/item-not-received.html

We wish you all the best on eBay and hope your future experiences are pleasant and successful. If you have questions, please click "Help & Contact" at the top of most eBay pages.

eBay still has lots of other great deals. Go to http://www.ebay.com to shop. We hope to see you soon.

Thanks,

eBay

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@james99 Unfortunately no, you will not receive anything..certainly not that camera. The seller was removed from ebay. Likely for fraud.

james99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here is the most recent email from ebay. I think that this means that I am still receiving it? my paypal has been charged, but not my bank.

Hello *******,
We're writing to let you know that we've removed an item you recently won:
252085949070 - Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-IS 4mm 3MP HD 1080P Network Mini Dome Infrared camera POE

Since you've already paid for the item, you don't need to do anything else. If your item hasn't arrived yet, it should arrive soon. If it doesn't, then you'll want to open a case in our Resolution Center. You can learn how to do this, plus find timelines for opening cases, at:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/item-not-received.html

We wish you all the best on eBay and hope your future experiences are pleasant and successful. If you have questions, please click "Help & Contact" at the top of most eBay pages.

eBay still has lots of other great deals. Go to http://www.ebay.com to shop. We hope to see you soon.

Thanks,

eBay
Yeah....looks like i screwed the pooch on this one. if i can't even get ahold of the seller (account closed) how the hell can I communicate with him? But at least the ebay buyer protection will kick in and it was a cheap lesson to learn. But why the heck did he limit to only 2 every 10 days if he wanted to scam a bunch of people? why not just take all the orders that he can, and then run? I just needed two more cams for now since I am building an ip camera system from the ground up. Steve Scott from Nelly's has been helping me alot on the EyeSurv 16 port non poe nvr with my questions. but i am not ready for it yet...the cable and cameras are not all up. I just want to pull all the cables first, then test the cameras one by one. I am pumping this through two ZyXEL 1100 Series ES1100-8HP-240W Unmanaged 8-port 240W PoE+ Switch. From analog to IP. Something to do. I like the actual building it.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I was recently a victim of scam on ebay. Found popular car seat for very cheap $200 vs $400, ordered it, even got tracking and it was on delivery truck to me a week later. The odd part was the seller gave me tracking number the same day as it was out of delivery. Then two hours later I see update that seller requested it to be shipped back. Also noticed it was shipped originally from Overstock. I started calling around... Overstock, eBay, PayPal... Long story short it turned out the seller was using stolen credit cards to order items from Overstock. His account was immediately terminated and it took a few weeks to get money back. Although, some people who ordered it before me got the item based on the feedback the seller received.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah....looks like i screwed the pooch on this one. if i can't even get ahold of the seller (account closed) how the hell can I communicate with him? But at least the ebay buyer protection will kick in and it was a cheap lesson to learn. But why the heck did he limit to only 2 every 10 days if he wanted to scam a bunch of people? why not just take all the orders that he can, and then run? I just needed two more cams for now since I am building an ip camera system from the ground up. Steve Scott from Nelly's has been helping me alot on the EyeSurv 16 port non poe nvr with my questions. but i am not ready for it yet...the cable and cameras are not all up. I just want to pull all the cables first, then test the cameras one by one. I am pumping this through two ZyXEL 1100 Series ES1100-8HP-240W Unmanaged 8-port 240W PoE+ Switch. From analog to IP. Something to do. I like the actual building it.
Seller probably limited the purchase to make it look more genuine. Like a clearance sale where there is a limit on how many an individual can buy.

Makes it seems more legit. As you can see, it works.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was recently a victim of scam on ebay. Found popular car seat for very cheap $200 vs $400, ordered it, even got tracking and it was on delivery truck to me a week later. The odd part was the seller gave me tracking number the same day as it was out of delivery. Then two hours later I see update that seller requested it to be shipped back. Also noticed it was shipped originally from Overstock. I started calling around... Overstock, eBay, PayPal... Long story short it turned out the seller was using stolen credit cards to order items from Overstock. His account was immediately terminated and it took a few weeks to get money back. Although, some people who ordered it before me got the item based on the feedback the seller received.

The people who left feedback could have been legitimate buyers or just fake accounts making the listing look more genuine.

But then again, if he's using stolen credit cards chances are he probably did sell them.

Reminds me of the "can you ship to Africa?" scams.

james99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Paypal claim opened. After googling how to handle this, advised to open paypal claim immed. I did and they say give them until 9.20. If seller doesn't respond, it will be a refund. No more too good to be true stuff for me. Apologies to all the smart people on ipcamtalk for my even posting this. Asking for forgiveness. I am stupid sometimes.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Paypal claim opened. After googling how to handle this, advised to open paypal claim immed. I did and they say give them until 9.20. If seller doesn't respond, it will be a refund. No more too good to be true stuff for me. Apologies to all the smart people on ipcamtalk for my even posting this. Asking for forgiveness. I am stupid sometimes.
Hey, I can relate. Believe me I've done plenty of things that I've later regretted. Don't beat up on yourself too much, hopefully this ends well for you.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No need for apologies. You obviously wanted to share your find with others and then realized it was a scam. I'll guarantee you this will help others not make the same mistake. So, keep your head up and thanks for sharing.