Unbricking DS-2CD2432F-IW help, no luck with 5.30 downgrader

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that. Perhaps there was a difference on your camera I've never seen before.

I've not heard of anyone else having problems with the downgrader, only successes, but maybe I should remove the English version also just in case?

Rex

n3wb
Reaction score
I guess its up to you. Something must have went funny, considering it didn't brick no matter what I did before.

I just wish I had the cable before it died so I can figureout what was wrong in case someone else ever have the same issue as me in the future.

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The plan was to help people so I guess I'd rather play it safe than sorry.

Given that the file *should* have been ok, and it seems it wasn't, there's an unknown factor there. Until it's known what it was I'll remove it and update the post accordingly.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The plan was to help people so I guess I'd rather play it safe than sorry.

Given that the file *should* have been ok, and it seems it wasn't, there's an unknown factor there. Until it's known what it was I'll remove it and update the post accordingly.
Send me a link to both the Chinese and English files and I will take a look,

gav28uk

n3wb
Reaction score
@Enabler would you be willing to share your 5.4 downgrade tool with me. I've got a very bricked DS-2CD2032F cam that was upgraded to 5.4.5 and it is now very very upset. The thread is here I've bricked my DS-2CD2032F-I :-( and I'm on the verge of binning the cam, but if there is even the slightest chance it could help I am willing to be a guinea pig :)

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
post a copy of the camera sticker this will show what is the original firmware, and whether it's World Region or Chinese.

From this we can work out what firmware you need.
I also bricked my 2CD2432F-IW trying to update to 5.4.5 from 5.3.0 150513 (see picture below). After several attempts with various firmwares from the hikvisioneurope portal the only thing that got me back up was the 5.3.0 downgrader recommended here and linked on this forum by you and @alastairstevenson, thank you! I ended up with v5.2.5 build 141201
My problem is that very time I try and set the video from PAL to NTSC it requires a reboot which then changes all my settings back to default. I'm at a loss as to what's going on other than I am on the wrong firmware and every time I try to tftp 5.3.0 15013 it rebricks. I'm liking for a link for a .dav file that will work. Thanks.
IMG_2020.JPG

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
After several attempts with various firmwares from the hikvisioneurope portal the only thing that got me back up was the 5.3.0 downgrader recommended here and linked on this forum
There is a big choice of firmware on there - and plenty opportunities to pick the wrong one.
Which did you try that caused problems?
And what was the actual problem? What did SADP show?

For the 2CD2432F-IW it looks like this would be the required choice : DOWNLOAD PORTAL

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There is a big choice of firmware on there - and plenty opportunities to pick the wrong one.
Which did you try that caused problems?
And what was the actual problem? What did SADP show?

For the 2CD2432F-IW it looks like this would be the required choice : DOWNLOAD PORTAL
First of all, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. The first one I tried bricked it. That was Baseline Firmware_IPC_Raptor series_En_v5.4.5 170123(Released). It worked fine on my other camera of the same model but not this one. I applied the firmware on both of those cameras using the web interface. Then I tried Baseline Firmware_IPC_R0 series_En_V5.3.0 151016(Released) using Hikvision TFTP and then Baseline Firmware_IPC_R0 series_En_V5.3.0 150513(Released) (which is the same firmware version listed on the camera itself per the screenshot). All of those were from the same site you linked to. They both hung on "transmitting" during tftp. The only thing that brought it back to life was the 5.30 downgrading digicap.dav file. I have also tried applying v5.3.0 15013 via the web interface after getting it back up with the 5.30 downloader file but it bricked it again. So I'm back on V5.2.5 build 141201 which is where you end up after the 5.3.0 downgrading process. The only SADP info I got was with this file also all the others never completed to get me to that point.

Mike

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
First of all, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. The first one I tried bricked it. That was Baseline Firmware_IPC_Raptor series_En_v5.4.5 170123(Released). It worked fine on my other camera of the same model but not this one. I applied the firmware on both of those cameras using the web interface. Then I tried Baseline Firmware_IPC_R0 series_En_V5.3.0 151016(Released) using Hikvision TFTP and then Baseline Firmware_IPC_R0 series_En_V5.3.0 150513(Released) (which is the same firmware version listed on the camera itself per the screenshot). All of those were from the same site you linked to. They both hung on "transmitting" during tftp. The only thing that brought it back to life was the 5.30 downgrading digicap.dav file. I have also tried applying v5.3.0 15013 via the web interface after getting it back up with the 5.30 downloader file but it bricked it again. So I'm back on V5.2.5 build 141201 which is where you end up after the 5.3.0 downgrading process. The only SADP info I got was with this file also all the others never completed to get me to that point.

Mike
From my understanding of your issues. You've got it back to v5.2.5 using the downgrader. Great.

You now want to update it. Well you can't. Doing so will just keep re-bricking your camera. So stop.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
They both hung on "transmitting" during tftp.
During the transfer, the camera doesn't care about the contents of the firmware, it's just a file being moved.
So if this didn't get to the 'Transmit file' part I'd wonder about the networking.
Presumably both the PC and camera are using wired connections?

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
From my understanding of your issues. You've got it back to v5.2.5 using the downgrader. Great.

You now want to update it. Well you can't. Doing so will just keep re-bricking your camera. So stop.
The issues are 1) a reboot defaults all settings (including network settings) to default. In other words no connectivity if it reboots which happen for various reasons. 2) setting video format from PAL to NTSC requires a reboot to take effect which puts me a loop.
That's the issues with just leaving it as is and keeping my fingers crossed.

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
During the transfer, the camera doesn't care about the contents of the firmware, it's just a file being moved.
So if this didn't get to the 'Transmit file' part I'd wonder about the networking.
Presumably both the PC and camera are using wired connections?
The log shows initialized, test tftpserver, success, and then stops on transmitting (if I recall correctly) but in any case unlike the 5.30>5.25 dav there is no "system update completed!" it stops prior to that and all attempts are via the recommended networking instructions in your other posts. Wired to a switch without Internet access, PC 192.0.0.128 (mask 255.255.255.0), wifi disabled, firewall disabled, ping response from the camera 192.0.0.64 so that looks right to me.
I take it that other than networking you think any of those supported R0 firmwares mentioned above should have worked? Is there any "custom" dav around that would get my camera to at least 5.3.0 and would be able to withstand a reboot without defaulting all the settings?

Edit: if stops on "transmit" and is not pingable on 192.0.0.64 at that point. Bringing up SADP while this is happening shows no device.

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
1) a reboot defaults all settings (including network settings) to default.
I don't recall if this model has a reset button, even internally.
These symptoms are the same as someone had with a 2032 where the button was faulty (ie shorted on) and the camera defaulted at each boot.

Your network setup seems fine. I wonder if the lack of 'file transmit' is related to the defaulting problem.

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
These symptoms are the same as someone had with a 2032 where the button was faulty (ie shorted on) and the camera defaulted at each boot.

Your network setup seems fine. I wonder if the lack of 'file transmit' is related to the defaulting problem.
Yes there is a rst/wps button on the back. I'll fiddle with that and see if I can get it to move in or out.

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

I would have thought that if it can transmit the downgrader dav it could transmit any supported dav regardless of a flaky reset button. If it can for one why not all?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would have thought that if it can transmit the downgrader dav it could transmit any supported dav regardless of a flaky reset button. If it can for one why not all?
If only it was that easy...

A reboot of any kind defaults all settings? Never heard that one before. How are you logging into the camera to change settings?

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If only it was that easy...

A reboot of any kind defaults all settings? Never heard that one before. How are you logging into the camera to change settings?
Yes it does. I use the web interface to log in but Hikvision's IVMS works too. Another odd thing I noticed is that when I first access it via SADP after the update the IP is 0.0.0.0 mask 255.255.0.0. I would have expected it to be 192.0.0.64/255.255.255.0.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes it does. I use the web interface to log in but Hikvision's IVMS works too. Another odd thing I noticed is that when I first access it via SADP after the update the IP is 0.0.0.0 mask 255.255.0.0. I would have expected it to be 192.0.0.64/255.255.255.0.
That's normal. It's set to DHCP for wifi cameras.

Try using Internet Explorer and Firefox to see if either makes a difference. I know there were some issues with SD-Card (F model) grey imports with hacked firmware.

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's normal. It's set to DHCP for wifi cameras.

Try using Internet Explorer and Firefox to see if either makes a difference. I know there were some issues with SD-Card (F model) grey imports with hacked firmware.
I have tried IE, no difference. Keep in mind that prior to the bricking a few days ago I was able to change settings and reboot as much as I wanted so I'm not convinced the reset button would suddenly and coincidentally go bad but I guess it's possible.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have tried IE, no difference. Keep in mind that prior to the bricking a few days ago I was able to change settings and reboot as much as I wanted so I'm not convinced the reset button would suddenly and coincidentally go bad but I guess it's possible.
I'm just trying to think of ways which might mitigate the issues you are now having.

You're probably going to have to wait for the 5.4.5 firmware update for grey imports that someone is working on.