Upgraded Computer, now with worse performance!

Reaction score
If @jodyak would post in his own thread, I think we could explore that, I was trying to avoid commenting here so as not to give new life to this thread but on an unrelated topic. Short answer, would depend on the cameras (ultimately MP/s) and display (they running 4k output for example?).

There is an example on: Blue Iris Update Helper of a 4790 running 10 cameras and 1149 MP/s, so I guess it depends how far he'll be from that.

jodyak

n3wb
Reaction score
Of course there is no support number. Have you seen the price of the software? Do you expect phone support?
There are a bunch of threads on how to properly setup blue iris. There is also a wiki with all the information you are looking for. In the future you should start your own thread as this one is unrelated to your problem.
Yes I noticed that. Sometimes support is something you pay extra for as a service.....We hired a person with some experience with it. I am going to pass him this thread and myself start learning/reading here.

Thanks all for not flaming the new person...

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Flintstone61

I run a i7-4790 cpu with 13 2 MP cameras and 10 clones at 10 to 15 FPS with a cpu utilization of 30 % . Not all cameras have motion detection.

Look at this web site for running BI systems. The key number is MP/s. not cameras.

Last edited: