US Elections (& Politics) :)

reflection

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just the fact that he has placed 2 justices on the Supreme Court and most likely a 3rd has made it all worth while.
I'm happy that Amy Barrett will get confirmed to the Supreme Court. I don't think the Dems can stop her.

And hoping that the Senate maintains the Republican majority.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That is mathematically inaccurate. That is more of an emotional statement. Yes, not voting takes away one vote for Trump but does not add one vote for Biden.
It makes little difference to me that you won't be voting. Some here rage incoherently about Trump, spewing lies motivated by hate and nearly always baseless. Thank you for not doing that.
But I am curious what it is that you don't like about Trump. Is it his actions/policies or his personality--both? It's one thing not to vote for someone if you don't like direction they're taking the country, but another entirely if the decision is based solely on personality.

reflection

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
that confirmation may not be before the election. three GOP senators have tested positive for covid which should take them out of pocket for about 2 weeks.
With technology today, there is no reason they can't participate remotely (unless there is a policy against it). I've been working from home for 8 months. Before there was coronavirus, I was a 1K flyer and traveling a lot. Everything is done via teleconference now. My kids are doing distance learning from home.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That is mathematically inaccurate. That is more of an emotional statement. Yes, not voting takes away one vote for Trump but does not add one vote for Biden.
Emotional? Love of my country, my constitution, our way of life? Damn right I am emotional about it. Go ahead, don't vote. It is your right, no doubt about it. But if you are a Republican, if you believe in our way of life, then you will vote. And let me tell the other one here that seems to think if you vote for President Trump, you are Trumpeteer, Kool-Aid Drinker, so on and so fourth. I drink NO KOOL-AID. I go with my instincts and what my gut tells me. I'm new here, so I will watch what I say. But I didn't serve for 21 years for the damn money. That's for sure. Go ahead, don't vote. It is your right.

reflection

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It makes little difference to me that you won't be voting. Some here rage incoherently about Trump, spewing lies motivated by hate and nearly always baseless. Thank you for not doing that.
But I am curious what it is that you don't like about Trump. Is it his actions/policies or his personality--both? It's one thing not to vote for someone if you don't like direction they're taking the country, but another entirely if the decision is based solely on personality.
I'm a republican, why would I rage incoherently and bash Trump? Matter of fact, I bash Biden all the time among by friends (they bash Biden too). It's actually fun to hang out with your buddies and bash Democrats and their policies LOL ;). (of course we are civil about it)

The reason I don't like trump are his major character flaws. No one is perfect obviously, and Biden is no saint either, but Trump stands out among the crowd. I'd rather not get in to it because I'm not proud of it. And I don't want to dissuade anyone from voting for Trump.

Yes, my taxes are lower with Trump. Yes, my 401K is higher. It's not about the policies for me. I'm sure it doesn't make sense for many of you. To each his own.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, my taxes are lower with Trump. Yes, my 401K is higher. It's not about the policies for me. I'm sure it doesn't make sense for many of you. To each his own.

IMHO this is what’s wrong with America today. For far too many, it’s not about policy or facts, it’s about what exactly? Feelings? Who’s socially acceptable at the time?

If it’s not about policy and results why should we even bother? I mean we should just put the winners of The Voice and Dancing with the Stars on the ballot and vote for who we “like” the most...

reflection

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I shouldn't say it's not about policies. I agree with Trump's policies more than I agree with Democrat policies.

Believe it or not, Republicans are not all alike. There are some that fall in to the non-Trump Republican category (this is evident by the folks that were fired/resigned from Trump's administration).

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
So rather than support Trump you're willing to help risk getting Creepy Sleepy Joe elected? His major flaw, other than being an outright liar, is that he loves to molest women and young girls. I guess that's a better default than Trump being a loud mouthed bully who actually gets the things done he says he's going to do, like a Conservative Court system. You can argue that your one vote doesn't really matter, but being passively against him sure won't help the Country.

@SJGUSMC21 Thank you for your service and dedication, and I will say Sir to a Sargent in this case.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Its also not a beauty pageant :rofl: Miss America ftw :lol:
That's what Insta-Who is for :lmao:

I fully understand and support that we dont all agree on each and every Republican candidate... But you DO know that the Presidentual Election is a BINARY choice right?

Its not a Facebook popularity contest

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Let's be honest. If it were anyone other than swamp dwellers doing all this crap, AKA Joe Citizen instead, poor old Joe Citizen would be looking out through the vertical blinds already. Since swamp creatures are committing these crimes and Congress, which is toothless, is doing the investigating nothing will happen.

Last edited: