US Elections (& Politics) :)

wrapter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The drone they are talking about is a semi submersible boat, it had a starlink antenna. Starlink was not intended to use as a comm link for a kamakazi mission. Russia warned Elon that use of star link means those micro satellites will become a legitimate military target. Russia is said to be already jamming them.

Since the submersible drones did attack the crimean bridge a second time. So not sure if the starlink works there. But even if it doesn't, you can go several miles away from the coast where it works and then use INS to go to a big target like a parked warship or a bridge. Since GPS and Starlink will be jammed.

Russians are said to have found a way to locate a starklink terminal on land used by ukriane and send a artillery or a rocket there. They cannot do the same at sea. By the time the drone is near the jammer located in port. You can lock the controls to to INS to make the final journey. This is why you see russians deploy nets between sunken barges.

But for small fixed wing air drones it can be locked on by fire control radar at around 10miles and detected by early warning search radar at 50miles or more. So to solve this ukraine is using cardboard drones to get closer but unfortunately the russian electronic warfare units jam everything and the last layer is the mobile AA like the Pantsir which uses radar and thermal. But this is a cat and mouse game, since not all areas are under Jamming or AA cover. So ukraine changed tactics to attack targets deep inside russia which was not protected.

One more advantage of a semi submersible drone is that due to the earths curvature/ horizon, the ships radar and the radar located at coast is not able to detect the sea drones.

This is why surface warships are becoming obsolete in a near peer adversary, its easier to spot them from space and even easier to destroy them by sea skimming missile.

In a event of war with china over taiwan, the carrier strike group will be wiped out, only the submarines will survive.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
OK...but it says he had the engineers turn it off, so it was already on. If it was already on, why would the US ask him for help and tell him what was about to happen? Makes no sense.
This makes more sense now.

MSM/Liberals have their fangs out to get Musk and being liberal Democrats they do what comes natural, They LIE.

"Complicit In A Major Act Of Conflict Escalation" - Musk Denies CNN's Inflammatory War-Meddling Accusations

Couple quick questions - how would Musk know - pre-emptively - of the attack, and choose to disable Starlink? Is his intel better than Putin's; better than the CIA's?

The spin here is utterly mind-blowing.

In fact, according to Musk - who responded to the accusations on X, the details are the exact opposite to how CNN described them...

In fact, Musk NEVER turned Starlink on in those controversial border zones - for exactly this reason, as he feared using this technology near borders could prompt an escalation in the war.

Last edited:

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
The only thing I am not onboard with in this video is where they are showing the burnt vehicle and talking about melting metal and glass. I am an ex-volunteer firefighter and that type of stuff is completely normal for a vehicle fire.
I don't believe the conspiracy theories.

The old Lahaina town area is almost exclusively wood houses. Wood sidings and wood roofs. Many houses along the coast and up Lahinaluna Street are from the pineapple era and were built in the 1910s and 1930s, all wood.

In general, it is also the leeward side of the island and gets the least rainfall on the island.

They had wind gust to 70mph. From what I've read winds were over 50mph during the day. This was sort of a freak occurrence (wind speed and direction) with the hurricane passing to the south of the island.

It had been peak heat summer conditions going into this in their driest season.

Power is/was all above ground. The powerlines and poles were very old and very much needed rebuilding, but Democrat rulers were not getting things done.

A bunch of very old all wood houses on fire in winds gusting to 70mph in dry summer conditions. This was a freak occurrence exasperated by tightly packed all wood houses in high winds.

Search YouTube there are many videos showing downed power lines all over the city.

And the emergency response was nil. People were saying that fire hydrants were not working.

1694192806605.png

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t believe it was intentional and I can see how a firestorm developed, but the lack of response is beyond my ability to understand. And the ass convering since is quite suspect.

Have they yet determined how many dead?

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t believe it was intentional and I can see how a firestorm developed, but the lack of response is beyond my ability to understand. And the ass convering since is quite suspect.

Have they yet determined how many dead?
Totally agree. Confirmed like 115. But still saying 1000(s) unaccounted for.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't believe the conspiracy theories.

The old Lahaina town area is almost exclusively wood houses. Wood sidings and wood roofs. Many houses along the coast and up Lahinaluna Street are from the pineapple era and were built in the 1910s and 1930s, all wood.

In general, it is also the leeward side of the island and gets the least rainfall on the island.

They had wind gust to 70mph. From what I've read winds were over 50mph during the day. This was sort of a freak occurrence (wind speed and direction) with the hurricane passing to the south of the island.

It had been peak heat summer conditions going into this in their driest season.

Power is/was all above ground. The powerlines and poles were very old and very much needed rebuilding, but Democrat rulers were not getting things done.

A bunch of very old all wood houses on fire in winds gusting to 70mph in dry summer conditions. This was a freak occurrence exasperated by tightly packed all wood houses in high winds.

Search YouTube there are many videos showing downed power lines all over the city.

And the emergency response was nil. People were saying that fire hydrants were not working.

View attachment 171830
Dryness, heat, wind, wood, downed primary power lines...literally, a "perfect storm." :confused:

Just ask PG&E of Nor Cal about such conditions in 1997.....

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not our concern whether ukraine wants to be with russia or not. Neither does Russia want all of Ukraine
How on earth do you think Russia does NOT want all of Ukraine ? ( or even just 80% of Ukraine )

What have you been smoking ??

Did you look at their original strike plans ??

Moldovia was even on the hit list.

From the attack map shared by Belarussian President Alexander Lukashenko appeared to broadcast a planned Russian invasion of Moldova during an address to his security council Tuesday that was televised and posted online by the autocratic regime. ( and what appears to be a planned complete capture of the core of what is Ukraine .. )

1694203487311.png

1694203433622.png

Here's the video ..

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Unfortunately the slobbering dementia patient and his handlers aren’t done with that whole shit show yet. Wouldn’t surprise me if we end up with a Gulf of Tonkin event to invoke NATO articles.
The whole climate change/transvestite hug-a-thon/killer virus ruse is wearing thin and they need something to distract going into election season..