US Elections (& Politics) :)

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Exclusive: DeSantis' biggest donor says he won't give more money unless changes are made

Hotel entrepreneur Robert Bigelow, the biggest individual donor to a group supporting Ron DeSantis' presidential bid, told Reuters on Friday he will not donate more money unless the Florida governor attracts new major donors and adopts a more moderate approach.

When asked which specific policies Bigelow did not support, Bigelow cited only DeSantis signing in April a bill passed by the Florida legislature banning abortions after six weeks, a move that came after Bigelow had donated the $20 million.

Bigelow said he would not donate more money for now. "Not until I see that he's able to generate more on his own. I'm already too big a percentage," Bigelow said. "A lot of his donors are still on the fence."

Exclusive: DeSantis' biggest donor says he won't give more money unless changes are made | Reuters

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
More proof that we are in a banana republic, no more 1st amendment rights, especially conservatives and Christians.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
More proof that we are in a banana republic, no more 1st amendment rights, especially conservatives and Christians.

They will make sure he spends some time in a re-education camp....

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Here's some real incitement and election interference:
Capture.JPG
Sounds like physical harm or violence threatened, right? The protective order is about disclosing evidence, not anything about Smith. Could be jailed? Some Trump haters are calling for this, and the left-owned press tried to make it sound like a legal reality.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
CHINA WAS LIKELY PLANNING TO LAUNCH PATHOGEN FROM ILLEGAL CALIFORNIA LAB

In a startling development, the city of Reedley in California’s central San Joaquin Valley has discovered an illegal laboratory operated by Wang Zhaolin of Prestige Biotech. This lab was producing COVID-19 and pregnancy tests without authorization.

The discovery was made when code enforcement officers observed a garden hose attached to the building, which was supposed to be empty. Upon further investigation, they found that this laboratory had been running since October 2022.

As a result of this alarming discovery, multiple government agencies have been called in for assistance including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), FBI, State Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC), State Department of Health, California Department.

China Was Likely Planning to Launch Pathogen From Illegal California Lab – Liberty One News

My comment: Are there more labs in this country? Where is California Governor Newsome on this? Where is the Biden Administration on this?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
'I'm a little p***ed off': Former Capitol Police chief tells Tucker Carlson in leaked Fox interview that Jan. 6 events were a 'cover-up'

Former Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund told Tucker Carlson in a controversial interview that "everything appears to be a cover-up" as it pertains to the Jan. 6, 2021, protests at the U.S. Capitol.

Although Fox News kept that interview under wraps, the National Pulse has begun releasing segments wherein Sund provides critical insights into an event that has been used to great effect by Democrats and other forces antipathetic to former President Donald Trump.

When speaking to Russell Brand in early July, Carlson said he had initially taken an interest in the Jan. 6 protests due to all the "lying about it."

"So, the more time has passed … it becomes really obvious that core claims they made about January 6 were lies," said Carlson. "The amount of lying around January 6, and it was obvious in the tapes that I showed, is really distressing."

Prior to his ouster at Fox, Carlson had aired previously unreleased footage of the protests that appeared to contradict the narrative that had been carefully constructed by the media and the Jan. 6 committee.

When speaking to Brand, Carlson referenced an eye-opening interview he had conducted with Sund while still at Fox News, saying, "I never thought it was a false flag or anything like that. I'm not a conspiracist by temperament. I never thought that. ... And then I interviewed the chief of the Capitol Police, Steven Sund, in an interview that was never aired on Fox, by the way — I was fired before it could air."

Sund, a police officer for over 30 years, had been head of the U.S. Capitol Police from 2019 through the protests, but resigned Jan. 7 amid claims by then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and others that "there was a failure of leadership at the top."

In February 2021, Sund penned a letter to Pelosi and other congressional leaders, noting, "Perfect hindsight does not change the fact that nothing in our collective experience or our intelligence – including intelligence provided by FBI, Secret Service, Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and D.C. Metropolitan Police (MPD) – indicated that a well-coordinated, armed assault on the Capitol might occur on Jan. 6."

Sund further noted that during a meeting with "a dozen of the top law enforcement and military officials from D.C., including the FBI, U.S. Secret Service and the National Guard," no entity "provided any intelligence indicating that there would be a coordinated attack on the United States Capitol."

"The entire intelligence community seems to have missed this," he wrote.

Sund also intimated that the Capitol Police had been set up to fail.

More at the link: 'I'm a little p***ed off': Former Capitol Police chief tells Tucker Carlson in leaked Fox interview that Jan. 6 events were a 'cover-up' - TheBlaze

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
'I'm a little p***ed off': Former Capitol Police chief tells Tucker Carlson in leaked Fox interview that Jan. 6 events were a 'cover-up'

Former Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund told Tucker Carlson in a controversial interview that "everything appears to be a cover-up" as it pertains to the Jan. 6, 2021, protests at the U.S. Capitol.

Although Fox News kept that interview under wraps, the National Pulse has begun releasing segments wherein Sund provides critical insights into an event that has been used to great effect by Democrats and other forces antipathetic to former President Donald Trump.

When speaking to Russell Brand in early July, Carlson said he had initially taken an interest in the Jan. 6 protests due to all the "lying about it."

"So, the more time has passed … it becomes really obvious that core claims they made about January 6 were lies," said Carlson. "The amount of lying around January 6, and it was obvious in the tapes that I showed, is really distressing."

Prior to his ouster at Fox, Carlson had aired previously unreleased footage of the protests that appeared to contradict the narrative that had been carefully constructed by the media and the Jan. 6 committee.

When speaking to Brand, Carlson referenced an eye-opening interview he had conducted with Sund while still at Fox News, saying, "I never thought it was a false flag or anything like that. I'm not a conspiracist by temperament. I never thought that. ... And then I interviewed the chief of the Capitol Police, Steven Sund, in an interview that was never aired on Fox, by the way — I was fired before it could air."

Sund, a police officer for over 30 years, had been head of the U.S. Capitol Police from 2019 through the protests, but resigned Jan. 7 amid claims by then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and others that "there was a failure of leadership at the top."

In February 2021, Sund penned a letter to Pelosi and other congressional leaders, noting, "Perfect hindsight does not change the fact that nothing in our collective experience or our intelligence – including intelligence provided by FBI, Secret Service, Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and D.C. Metropolitan Police (MPD) – indicated that a well-coordinated, armed assault on the Capitol might occur on Jan. 6."

Sund further noted that during a meeting with "a dozen of the top law enforcement and military officials from D.C., including the FBI, U.S. Secret Service and the National Guard," no entity "provided any intelligence indicating that there would be a coordinated attack on the United States Capitol."

"The entire intelligence community seems to have missed this," he wrote.

Sund also intimated that the Capitol Police had been set up to fail.

More at the link: 'I'm a little p***ed off': Former Capitol Police chief tells Tucker Carlson in leaked Fox interview that Jan. 6 events were a 'cover-up' - TheBlaze
It was without doubt what was wanted to happen. Democrat champagne glasses were clicking all over D.C. the night of January 6th...

Around 19 minutes into the "Tucker Carlson Tonight" interview, which is being released by the National Pulse piecemeal, Sund says, "If people were reporting the intelligence correctly, if I was allowed to do my job as the chief ... we wouldn't be here. This didn't have to happen," stressing, "I'm a little pissed off."
"Everything appears to be a cover-up," continued Sund. "Like I said, I’m not a conspiracy theorist, but when you look at the information and intelligence they had, the military had, it’s all watered down. ... I’m not getting intelligence, I’m denied any support from National Guard in advance. I’m denied National Guard while we’re under attack for 71 minutes."
"You describe this as a failure to get intelligence to people who needed it, but it sounds like ... they were hiding the intelligence," said Carlson.
"That's what I'm getting at," said Sund. "Could there possibly be actually … they kind of wanted something to happen? It’s not a far stretch to begin to think that. You know, it's sad when you start putting everything together and thinking about the way this played out. ... What was their end goal? You look at what's happening. Was that their end goal?"
Carlson responded, "There's no question that what happened on January 6 has really helped the Democratic Party. It's gravely politicized the U.S. military and the intelligence agencies and the FBI. And those are all, I think, bad for America and violations of the Constitution, but they're all good for the Democratic Party. That's the facts."
Sund agreed, adding that in the wake of Jan. 6, the establishment has seen fit to strip the blindfold of neutrality from Lady Justice.

wrapter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am impressed with the PBD townhall event. David asks some good questions which the MSM won't. I think MSM will cease to exist by the end of this decade.

If it was a MSM event, they would have already have their preferred candidates and questions. Giving air time only to a few.

Take for example vivek, when he goes to left wing MSM, he is basically asked about trump and nothing else, at this point he is the trump lawyer on media. On Fox its the same but atleast some there do talk about the swamp and Viveks policy on it and foreign policy.

But here they ask him everything and no question is off limit. Good thing Vivek is this side of the aisle, I think he will chew up any one that democrats can come up with.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
One of the problems with the MSM is that they will not broadcast any of the exculpatory evidence in regard to President Trump. Those people that only watch them have no clue to they to the other side. They only see what the prosecution wants them to see.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Now that has to be one of the stupidest things that you have posted yet. By the way have you heard of any exculpatory evidence from your sources in regards to President Trump. I bet you are only getting one side and a skewered one at that. You should read what Jonathan Turley and Alan Dershowitz have to say on the subject.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
Now that has to be one of the stupidest things that you have posted yet. By the way have you heard of any exculpatory evidence from your sources in regards to President Trump. I bet you are only getting one side and a skewered one at that. You should read what Jonathan Turley and Alan Dershowitz have to say on the subject.
Dershowitz, hates President Trump. I think he's the truest form of a JFK era liberal. I respect that he's always honest and doesn't twist the law.

tng5737

Pulling my weight
Reaction score