US Elections (& Politics) :)

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
"If those non-GOP voters would really vote for Haley in November, that would be important. But we all know that isn’t the case."
Exactly. They are going to vote for whoever the Democrat candidate is come November.
And what is Haley becomes the drop-in Biden replacement? She gets the votes from all of the brainless dem voters + the RINOs + the never-Trumpers.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
Plus they Don't pay taxes...I watched in our old neighborhood, Brand New Trucks everywhere...these were nice size, 250s & Duallys...was told from them they paid cash...
Yep. But I've paid a few times to have trees trimmed or removed. A 2hr job that the request $300+ for. That in addition to their normal route, that they are getting other additional work like that at other accounts. Let's just say they can make $500 a day on average. $500 × six days a week = $3000 a week, times 52 weeks = $156,000 a year, and no taxes. Not bad.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
1706124891801.png

You know....South Carolina had been complaining for almost 30 years to the Federal gubermint about their lack of enforcing the agreement (compact/contract) under the US Constitution. Time after time SC attempted to get resolution to their complaint. The rest is history.

p.s. South Carolina's decision was not some rash unthought out decision. Decades went by.

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Here's the text of Article 1 Section 10 that Abbott is citing as his right to defend the border:

No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any Duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Arizona GOP Chair Resigns After Leaked Audio of Him Trying to Bribe Kari Lake to Not Run

He has some interesting excuses (not a full cut/paste). I sure wish it was clear who the good and bad guys were instead of seemingly everything being spun.

Contrary to the notion of me being an enemy of Lake’s, this conversation was recorded while I was actually employing Lake in my private company. In fact, for over a year and a half we had many conversations where I was looking out for her financial interests. The ethical breach in her recording of our conversation, while Lake was my employee, raises serious legal and moral concerns. This act of recording was not just a betrayal of trust but also a violation of the fiduciary responsibilities of an employee. Contrary to accusations of bribery, my discussions were transparent and intended to offer perspective, not coercion. Our relationship was based on friendship, and the conversation that is now being scrutinized was an open, unguarded exchange between friends in the living room of her house. I genuinely believed I was offering a helpful perspective to someone I considered a friend.

I said things I regret, but I realize when hearing Lake’s recording that I was set up. I believe she orchestrated this entire situation to have control over the state party, and it is obvious from the recording that she crafted her performance responses with the knowledge that she was recording it, intending to use this recording later to portray herself as a hero in her own story.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
He was setup when he’s heard on recording blatantly bribing her, that people from out east wanted her to sit out, that he might open his car door and be blown up?

He's spinning and trying to detract from the core issue of Republican corruption by playing the "ethical breach of recording our conversation"

He's quitting because he knows this could get a LOT worse

Last edited:

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Update on the Kari Lake situation

Arizona GOP Chair Busted For Attempted Bribe Resigns After Kari Lake Threatens "More Damaging" Recording
Arizona GOP Chair Busted For Attempted Bribe Resigns After Kari Lake Threatens "More Damaging" Recording | ZeroHedge

I truly hope she doesnt hold back. She needs to burn whomever she can in the Republican party. They're lying fucking crooks just like the Dems
The cabal is real? The thing about it is that it does in fact confirm suspicions that people are being threatened "by powerful people" and the threat includes being blown up. This shit is right out of pretty much any dystopian movie except this isn't a movie. It tells you that those on both sides of the isle are conspiring behind the backs of the American people to undermine the Republic. And, people are in fact selling themselves for $$$. It's all a fake conspiracy until someone is caught with their hand in the cookie jar. Now that DeWit's handlers are probably worried just like their were with Epstein how long do you think it will be before DeWit has an "life ending accident" or "commits suicide"? And the DOJ probably doesn't care to investigate this for racketeering since the cabal for the left probably is the same cabas for the right. They can't be investigating the hand that feeds them.

jpc-s4

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Back to Hailey for a second. Saw this on another forum and the guy is quite right.

"If those non-GOP voters would really vote for Haley in November, that would be important. But we all know that isn’t the case."

Exactly. They are going to vote for whoever the Democrat candidate is come November.
We've seen that script before. We keep hearing the MSM feature all sorts of rhetoric about how "the right has moved far right" when the truth is that they are more or less in the same place while the left has gone bat-shit crazy off the left end of the spectrum. They've whined about how the right won't compromise. Yet if you look at two candidates who ran for POTUS (Romney and McCain), they were closer to Democrats than they were to Republicans, and still, neither one won the election.

Same shit, different day.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
We've seen that script before. We keep hearing the MSM feature all sorts of rhetoric about how "the right has moved far right" when the truth is that they are more or less in the same place while the left has gone bat-shit crazy off the left end of the spectrum. They've whined about how the right won't compromise. Yet if you look at two candidates who ran for POTUS (Romney and McCain), they were closer to Democrats than they were to Republicans, and still, neither one won the election.

Same shit, different day.
That's EXACTLY right! The weak assed spineless RINOs always seems to compromise thinking if they play nice that the libs will finally come around and play nice too. Nope. Give an inch and the libs will take a mile. Republicans don't know how to fight just as Catturd had mentioned. Part of the never Trumper disdain of Trump is that he doesn't play nice and act presidential. Eff that, it doesn't work and this is why the left eats the right up like the candy corn they are. The left hates Trump and is scared of him because he plays their game of fight fire with fire.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
BTW, MSNBC is already twisting the Kari Lake release of the recording that she's the bad person in this story as she is blackmailing people to get her way. And they imply that she probably has secret recording of Trump and is going to blackmail him. Sadly, I clicked without carefully looking beforehand and landed on the MSNBC fantasy website.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I think you hit the nail on the head about the DOJ not pursuing it. They’re all in on the same scam. They know exposing one may well expose many more, on BOTH sides.

Kari is directly over the target, she’s going to get major pushback.

IMG_5688.jpeg

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

Lake advisers Caroline Wren and Garrett Ventry said in a statement on X that the "tape speaks for itself" and that "No one from the Kari Lake campaign threatened or blackmailed DeWit."

Lake posted on X that she'd be answering questions about the "bribery scandal" on the social media platform Rumble at 8 p.m. ET Wednesday.
——————
The chair can be heard telling Lake, "There are very powerful people that want to keep you out."

"They're willing to put their money where their mouth is in a very big way," DeWit continued, calling it "an incredible opportunity."
——————-

DeWit pushed her to at least name a price.

"I actually just wish that you’d give me a counter-offer that was big. Give me a counter," he said.

"I can't be bought," she responded