Using ALARM I/O Connection to trigger based on DSC 151 PIR

tommytuna

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Starting a new thread as this doesn't seem to have been covered anywhere before.

My situation: HIKVISION DS-2CD2532F-IWS (with Alarm I/O pigtail) and a DSC 1832 SECURITY SYSTEM WITH DSC 151 MOTION SENSOR

The Goal: have the DSC Motion sensor trigger alarm based recording on HIKVISION

The alarm system is configured to expect a NC circuit for all sensors including the motion sensor. Motion sensor works perfectly on it's own.

On the motion sensor, there is NC, C, and +, - terminals that are connected back to the DSC Panel

On the HIKVISION, the PIGTAIL has Alarm I, O, and GND.

What terminals do i connect from PIR to the PIGTAIL? I tried NC->I and C> GND and that didn't work.

Thanks!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The user manual and installation manual don't seem very informative on the topic of wiring.
This site has a useful example which looks quite helpful:
Security System / Burglar Alarm - DSC System Example - Structured Home Wiring
On none of these sources did I see anything that suggests the DSC 1832 system has an 'alarm out' that operates as a composite of any activated alarm input such as PIR, windows/door switch etc.
Is it your goal to use an alarm out from the DSC 1832 to trigger IP camera recording, and have you identified that an alarm out connector is available?

The worked example linked above shows that the 'C' terminals are 'Common' or ground, and that the + , - terminals are to provide power for powered sensors such as a PIR detector.
And that NC (and C) should be wired to the sensor which will have NC normally closed to C and will open the circuit in an alarm condition.

I don't quite understand the context of this:
Motion sensor works perfectly on it's own.
Do you mean that if you connect the camera to the motion sensor it can trigger the camera? (though you'd have to be powering the motion sensor somehow)
Or do you mean if you connect the motion sensor to the DSC 1832 controller it triggers the controller alarm?

jordanb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Tommytuna..

first of of all those panels are terrible, I'm an alarm engineer and regularly condemn them due to the fact that they are a pile of ..... Key to access them, when every other panel in the world has screws or clips, mind boggles.

anyways... Is the pir still connected to the alarm panel? Do you want to set the alarm, and if the Pir is triggered it will activate the alarm system, and also trigger the camera?