Using mini pc for viewing BI

chavezcctv

n3wb
Reaction score
Anybody tried using something like this?
I'm thinking about setting up a 34" TV with one of these types to use as a viewer in a web browser.
Any thoughts?

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm thinking about setting up a 34" TV with one of these types to use as a viewer in a web browser.
Any thoughts?

I would think this would work fine. I have ran windows 10 on a couple mini pc and used them for remote access, info wall, etc.
I am playing with a BlueIris 4 on a protectli right now. 4 x 2mp cameras works well.

Although a fire stick does well, and is a lot cheaper then a mini.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

chavezcctv

n3wb
Reaction score
I'd first try sideloading Google Chrome on a Firestick...investment? Under $50.
Oh wow. Sometimes the obvious doesn't come to mind. I just located a Firestick that I bought a while back and it's been sitting gathering dust. I'm going to try that. I might be ready for this already. Thanks for the jolt to the brain.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I run BI on a mini PC, a HP EliteDesk 800g2, 7x7x1.5 inches. I can pull up the 'all cameras' or any one camera view on my phone using the BI app, and chromecast it to our TV.

chavezcctv

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh wow. Sometimes the obvious doesn't come to mind. I just located a Firestick that I bought a while back and it's been sitting gathering dust. I'm going to try that. I might be ready for this already. Thanks for the jolt to the brain.
Folks. Thanks for all hints and suggestions.
I decided to use the Firestick option since I didn't even have to get anything additional.
It was a bit tedious, but working. Wasn't able to get the mouse pointer to work, but attached a USB kb/mouse combo and boom, working.
Thanks all!

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I decided to use the Firestick option since I didn't even have to get anything additional.
It was a bit tedious, but working. Wasn't able to get the mouse pointer to work, but attached a USB kb/mouse combo and boom, working.
Thanks all!
Now you can 'play' with UI3!

Want fullscreen? Create a group, put your cams you want to display in that group, use this URL:
http://BI-Server-IP:BI-Server-Port/ui3.htm?group=groupname&maximize=1

Here's one I use:

Reaction score
One nice thing about using the cheapo Firestick... you can install this on ANY smart TV (living room, bedroom, guest room, etc). I have only 1 going on my bedroom tv but plan on putting another in my garage (as sometimes the table saw/dust collection/ear muffs are loud).
Also a side note about Firesticks. Mouse control is... awkward. I simply purchased a bluetooth dinky keyboard with mousepad at Amazon for $20 or such. Makes life easier as sometimes you may get odd-ball errors at least with Chrome such as "out of memory for webpage".

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
I keep a couple of these around. This is the newer one, but have some of the older ones too.
they are quick keyboards for NVR, BlueIris that's hidden, and home automation.

ProTapper

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wanted to use my Echo 10 for BI viewing the Silk browser @looney2ns mentioned does pull it up via the Silk browser, but, the browser is programmed to shut off after 10 minutes, real annoying!

For viewing it on various TVs, I just have set up a browser bookmark for UI3 on my Google TV devices...

Reaction score
I wanted to use my Echo 10 for BI viewing the Silk browser @looney2ns mentioned does pull it up via the Silk browser, but, the browser is programmed to shut off after 10 minutes, real annoying!

For viewing it on various TVs, I just have set up a browser bookmark for UI3 on my Google TV devices...
Perhaps UI3 is timing out instead? You can change the timeout in UI3. Go into settings and put 0 in timeout.

Reaction score
Any thoughts?

you have not mentioned... are you using Blue Iris? UI3 will only work as companion applicaiton to Blue Iris.
DUH! never mind. I see your are using UI3 now :) you can set UI3 to full screen (no ptz control or side bar texts) if you wanted to. Also, can show specific groups. Like I have 'outside' and 'inside'. I only care to see the outside on UI3.