[videos] [install] LOREX (Dahua) LNR6826K 4K System from Costo

Dee Dee

n3wb
Reaction score
@TS thanks for the review BTW.

CPO

n3wb
Reaction score
I still only have one camera installed.... because 1) I was out of town for a short time, and 2) It's been cold outside! Good news, I installed the right camera first... and it actually came in handy Friday night. Actual footage from an event...

It wasn't a theft, really. It turns out they guy was a delivery driver and got stuck in our yard when he missed the driveway (due to snow cover). He came up and grabbed that Jeep part (spare tire carrier brake light bracket) to dig with. Yeah, I'm pissed about that, and will be dealing with the driver's company this week. We had no idea he was out there... we were already in bed. I wish he'd have just knocked on the door. I digress.

I did learn an important lesson. I was recording in H.265, but it seems my video editing software can't handle it (and apparently that's still a common problem). So if you want to edit your videos vs just dumping raw footage (which does play fine in Windows Media Player and others) then you may want to record in H.264 until editing support is better. I had to convert all of my videos before I could build an edited video. This was just one moment of a 2 hour session.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looks good, once he gets close there's enough IR light on him.

For further out where it is dark you may want to add one of the other cameras - or perhaps an external IR illuminator

SirAce135

n3wb
Reaction score
I just bought my first IP Camera system and will be installing it within the next few weeks. I've never done this before, so I am learning as I go. I've spent a lot of time researching and learning (which is my MO) and found myself here on ipcamtalk a lot. I figured this was the perfect place to document this journey in hopes that it is helpful for others (and to be selfish, helpful for me).

I posted my first video for this install:

I don't expect to make an exhaustive step-by-step howto, since everyone's situation is going to be different, but I do plan on showing how I am doing things, why, and any little tips and tricks I learn along the way (which I'll likely learn from you guys! lol).

I'm sure I'll have some questions...but for now, I am waiting on parts to arrive.

I have the camera system, obviously, but I also ordered the following:

* 6x Lorex junction boxes - so that I can conceal and protect the wiring connectors, and it should allow me to run cables without ever needing a hole larger in diameter than the CAT 5e cable. I don't have to stuff/hide/shove the bulky stuff anywhere since it will all roll up into the junction box. They were $25 each, but taking advantage of the Black Friday 25% off code, it ended up being only $120 shipped for 6 of them. It was free shipping, but I did have to pay tax. Boo!
(Outdoor Junction Box for 4 Screw Base Cameras)

* 1000FT Cat5e Bulk Bare Copper Ethernet Network Cable UTP, Solid, Riser Rated (CMR), 350MHz, 24AWG, White - I got this from Monoprice, but after shipping charges, it ends up being $80, which is the same as ordering from Amazon or probably other places. I decided to go CAT 5e simply because it should be easier to work with and I couldn't find anything super compelling that convinced me it was worth spending the extra money to upgrade to Cat6.
(http://amzn.to/2A9blW7)

Next I need to pick up some RJ45 plugs, and related tools, to build my own cables. I haven't decided yet if I want to terminate into a wall plate and make shorter patch cables from the wall to the NVR, or if I want to just run the camera cables straight to the NVR and use a wall plate with an opening to run multiple cables through. Any recommendations are welcome.

Then, I also need to get some wiring running supplies. I'm going to get them from Harbor Freight.... a wire snake and also those flexible fiberglass rods.

I believe this is enough for my very first post here.

If you have questions or suggestions, feel free to chime in. I am NOT an expert. I am a n00b.

System info:
Lorex Kit Model Number: LNR6826K
Costco Item Number: 1163871
Price When Purchased: $799.99
LNR6108-N - 1x 8 port POE NVR. rated for 4K cameras w/2TB HDD
6x LNB8005-C 4K 4mm lens 88 deg FOV POE outdoor rated cameras
6x 60ft of ethernet cable (CAT 5e)

Just a heads up, this bundle is currently $699 at Costco on sale :)

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.