What dash cam are you using?

ruasonid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The dual dash cam is worth it in my opinion. Just the other day someone ran into the back of one of my vehicles. I have a great video of them not looking ahead, their shock at the impact, then fleeing the scene of the accident. Video on its way to the police.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
The dual dash cam is worth it in my opinion. Just the other day someone ran into the back of one of my vehicles. I have a great video of them not looking ahead, their shock at the impact, then fleeing the scene of the accident. Video on its way to the police.
I put a separate dedicated camera on the rear window as well; but the dual camera sounds like an easier option to work with especially when you have one less cable to work with

ruasonid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I put a separate dedicated camera on the rear window as well; but the dual camera sounds like an easier option to work with especially when you have one less cable to work with
Yes, and file management is easier too.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I installed an Aukey DR02 and the quality is surprisingly better than the competition. I can recommend that as well now for those on a budget. :D

I'm using the Aukey DR02 with GPS in both my vehicles. Both are hardwired using a Nextbase kit. Using 128GB cards. Had a problem with one camera (display) and replaced by the supplier without any fuss.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
The Aukey DR02 is currently $45 on Amazon! Really really good value

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
The 1080p one. Its so much better than the 4k and allows in more light for proper License Plate identification in night. At $45 its a win, I'm actually shocked by how good the sharpness is especially at night; in some areas its also better than the Viofo

However, only buy it when its on sale. Its not worth $70 IMO, because you can get dash cams with the IMX290 for that price, shipped from China via Ali-Express

The 4k one or the 1080p one on amazon?

Grn1z

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok thank you for the info. I'll keep checking on the price. I need a dash cam.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
The 4K Aukey uses an "On Semiconductor" sensor not a Sony one. The Sony one found in the Viofo and some others seems to be the 4K class leader for low light performance.

Last edited:

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I’ve just purchased a Viofo A119 V3, was on offer yesterday on Amazon for £79.99, should be here tomorrow. First foray into dash cams, my son does have a Blackvue in his car but that cam is a completely different ballgame as it cost him close to £600 installed and it does all sorts of things that this basic Viofo can only think about.

Plan is to get it temp installed in my car and if it really is crap then I’ll move it over to the wife’s car

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I never consider Viofo crap :p Overall build quality is 4/5, image quality nighttime 5/5, but daytime 4/5. The cheapest Aukey model is 3/5 build quality in my books, but 5/5 image quality for daytime and 4/5 for nighttime.

I’ve just purchased a Viofo A119 V3, was on offer yesterday on Amazon for £79.99, should be here tomorrow. First foray into dash cams, my son does have a Blackvue in his car but that cam is a completely different ballgame as it cost him close to £600 installed and it does all sorts of things that this basic Viofo can only think about.

Plan is to get it temp installed in my car and if it really is crap then I’ll move it over to the wife’s car

Garypsu

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the TBI Pro Dash Cam from Amazon. It’s inexpensive, and the 60 FPS makes a big difference.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
TBH, the video on Youtube of the TBI looks unremarkeable for quality. It's certainly good enough to record an accident, but not sure I'd be persuaded to buy one. I believe there are better options.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Well I had a go at fitting the Viofo last night, 2 problems, it was dark and way too cold so gave up as I couldn’t see where to mount it on the windscreen. It might also be the wrong shape for my car which has a lot of stuff in the central upper part of the windscreen which on the inside is covered by a big plastic cover. If I put the dashcam as close to that as possible it picks up the plastic cover in the captured footage.

I also never gave WiFi a second thought but boy, when installing it would be Godsend to be able to see exactly what the overall view is.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Just as well I didn’t fit it yesterday, Amazon reduced the price further today, down to £59.99. Spoke to Amazon, they couldn’t refund me the difference but suggested I return the original and order another at the new price. Free collection of the original as well so decided to reorder it.

At £59.99 for the V3 that is an absolute bargain.

Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
The price drops to $45 every a few weeks, you should keep an eye on Slickdeals.net for the latest deals
I would not pay more than $45 for this dashcam
$70 is Viofo territory

Reaction score
The price drops to $45 every a few weeks, you should keep an eye on Slickdeals.net for the latest deals
I would not pay more than $45 for this dashcam
$70 is Viofo territory
Great information thanks. Yeah i will be purchasing in the viofo or think ware area from videos i have seen.