What do you think? Personal pulls all the way into my driveway!!!

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm thinking about adding a cam on a tree near the street and having it point back at the house. If you had a similar setup you could see what he was doing. Unfortunately, there always a dead space under the cams and about 2 feet out so unless you have multiple cams crisscrossing there are a lot of places you can see what their doing. He could have been eating his Taco Bell takeout for all you know and wanted a shady spot.
He had a paleta in his hand as a matter of fact. My fiancee noticed that it was off that he had a paleta and a towel in hand. Lol

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes I am renting and I keep saying I'm going to buy a house so don't want to install any more cams. He would have shown up on an indoor cam had he walked inside. I'm OK with that blindspot for now. Not ideal but it is what it is I suppose. When we buy our own house boy oh boy is it going to be a lot better lol.
Hi @Philip Gonzales

Did you get any good Facial images which work for IDing?

I know it is a rental, I would take the time to adjust the location or zoom of any camera if you find out that you did not have good angles on a facial ID.

They were definitely up to no good imho, do keep us informed on this one.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I guess it's one of those time when you wish you had the ability to speak like one of those lesser quality cams. Maybe this is something for a future BI version. It certainly has some pro value.

Another observation on the blind spot covered above, just ignoring you're renting, it might be a good idea to have an obvious camera facing straight down the drive under the car port there. That way if this happens, the guest realises straight away having pulled in, their recorded. Knowing your on cctv can have 2 effects - 1. it can make you leave and 2. it could stop any violence towards your other half if the guy knows he's being recorded and thus you have a face shot, is far less likely do anything as he's knows he's banged to rights if he does.

I don't know what state laws are where you are but that's one situation where you would wish your other 1/2 to already have a gun on her lap pointing out through the door panel ready to fire through the panel if the guy made a move.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess it's one of those time when you wish you had the ability to speak like one of those lesser quality cams. Maybe this is something for a future BI version. It certainly has some pro value.
You are confused. Blue Iris Has supported two way talk on popular cameras for many years. Not only that but it has a function that is much more effective than two way talk. You can set it so that when the camera is triggered it plays any audio file you wish. This way you can play a message like you are under surveillance leave the premises. This can be done with no user interaction so even if you don’t have Cell service or in a meeting or your phone is on silent or you’re sleeping you can scare an intruder away.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You are confused. Blue Iris Has supported two way talk on popular cameras for many years. Not only that but it has a function that is much more effective than two way talk. You can set it so that when the camera is triggered it plays any audio file you wish. This way you can play a message like you are under surveillance leave the premises. This can be done with no user interaction so even if you don’t have Cell service or in a meeting or your phone is on silent or you’re sleeping you can scare an intruder away.
I posted this in the camera specific thread and has gone unanswered and don't want to derail this thread, but you mention this capability and I have a question as I did a search and couldn't find the answer:

Maybe it isn't possible, but is there any way to access the microphone capabilities of the camera when using Remote Desktop? I Remote into BI and nothing, so I open up a web browser to get into camera GUI over Remote and nothing?

I cannot find and a search came up empty about mic capabilities on UI3 - is it possible over UI3?

Searches seem to give a "kinda works" with the BI app? Is that the only way to use the mic when not physically at the BI computer? I haven't got the app yet but would certainly do so if it has those capabilities.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I posted this in the camera specific thread and has gone unanswered and don't want to derail this thread, but you mention this capability and I have a question as I did a search and couldn't find the answer:

Maybe it isn't possible, but is there any way to access the microphone capabilities of the camera when using Remote Desktop? I Remote into BI and nothing, so I open up a web browser to get into camera GUI over Remote and nothing?

I cannot find and a search came up empty about mic capabilities on UI3 - is it possible over UI3?

Searches seem to give a "kinda works" with the BI app? Is that the only way to use the mic when not physically at the BI computer? I haven't got the app yet but would certainly do so if it has those capabilities.
Audio from the mic works Without issue in both ui3 and mobile apps. It should also work with Remote Desktop If other audio from the pc is passing correct.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Audio from the mic works Without issue in both ui3 and mobile apps. It should also work with Remote Desktop If other audio from the pc is passing correct.
I figured it had that capability - where is the mic button in UI3? I cannot find it. Maybe I coded the camera wrong in BI and that is why - it is the Dahua OEM IPC-T5241H-AS-PV from EMPIRETECANDY and I selected the following:

1583616056381.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I figured it had that capability - where is the mic button in UI3? I cannot find it. Maybe I coded the camera wrong in BI and that is why - it is the Dahua OEM IPC-T5241H-AS-PV from EMPIRETECANDY and I selected the following:

View attachment 56932
Volume adjustment on ui3. You will hear audio from the Camera mic With any option that will display video including find inspect. Enable audio in the camera and blue iris

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Volume adjustment on ui3. You will hear audio from the Camera mic With any option that will display video including find inspect. Enable audio in the camera and blue iris
My bad - I am saying one thing but in re-reading does sound opposite of what I am looking for :(

This camera has speaker and a mic. I want to be able to speak from my phone on to the speaker of the camera and cannot find a mic button on the UI3 to allow that. And when I select the mic button in BI from Remote Desktop or thru the camera GUI via web browser, nothing comes out of the camera speaker, but if I am physically at the computer, it works?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My bad - I am saying one thing but in re-reading does sound opposite of what I am looking for :(

This camera has speaker and a mic. I want to be able to speak from my phone on to the speaker of the camera and cannot find a mic button on the UI3 to allow that. And when I select the mic button in BI from Remote Desktop or thru the camera GUI via web browser, nothing comes out of the camera speaker, but if I am physically at the computer, it works?
You will need to use the Blue Iris mobile app

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You will need to use the Blue Iris mobile app
OK - I am certainly happy to purchase that to support the vendor. I had been on the fence given remote desktop and UI3 (which both work great but not really good on a phone simply because it is small so constantly have to zoom in and pan LOL to see what I want). The more I play with BI, the more I am amazed and what has been accomplished and continuing to add things!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
OK - I am certainly happy to purchase that to support the vendor. I had been on the fence given remote desktop and UI3 (which both work great but not really good on a phone simply because it is small so constantly have to zoom in and pan LOL to see what I want). The more I play with BI, the more I am amazed and what has been accomplished and continuing to add things!
There is no other VMS that I’m aware of or Any software package for that matter that provides new features as often as the Blue Iris developer.

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Philip, you need to setup your cameras with a push notification to phone when someone is in a critical location (carport). Need to have a talk with girl friend about letting a stranger on your property approaching you, like they own the place. If I came home to that senerio, that SOB would be spread eagle licking concrete and I would be calling police. You better be locked and loaded, it is a scary world.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score

Thanks. I never knew it existed nor have I ever heard anyone mention it on here before. Very useful.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Philip, you need to setup your cameras with a push notification to phone when someone is in a critical location (carport). Need to have a talk with girl friend about letting a stranger on your property approaching you, like they own the place. If I came home to that senerio, that SOB would be spread eagle licking concrete and I would be calling police. You better be locked and loaded, it is a scary world.
The problem with that is I'd get a push everytime my girl came home in the middle of the day. This quickly would turn into spam much like my Sentry emails. Seems no matter how good one can tune the alerts they eventually turn to spam. I've been super busy at work and I'm not really supposed to be checking my phone/personal email from work.

I also wonder what would have happened if I would have came home. I likely would have blocked him in and called the cops. But IDK, I'm actually a felon myself lol. I have a drug charge from when I was 19 (state jail felony). Federally I can never own a firearm without risking prison time. I can own a black powder rifle since it is considered an antique and not classified as a firearm.

I also confronted the guy. He was parked in front of my neighbors house earlier this week. I went out there and told him I heard he was at my house looking for Patrick. He said, "oh yeah umm I had the wrong house". I said, "what in the hell are you doing sitting in front of my neighbors house now?". He said," I'm visiting my friend." I said, "oh yeah, who is your friend? What's his name?". He said, "I'm here to visit my friend" and pointed at the house next to my neighbors. I said "OH Ok then", and walked off.

You see two houses down is a known drug dealer in the area. The guys a loser and from what I understand he sells drugs to support his own drug habits. I don't even think the guy has a car. So I'm thinking this guys name may be Patrick but I'm going to check with my neighbor.

Probably wasn't the smartest thing to confront the guy considering I don't even own a gun lol. But oh well, at least he knows who lives at this house and he knows I know who he is. My Fiancee said she was a little scared and what if they came over and tried to gun me down. I'm like oh well. If it happens it happens I guess. I have a good life insurance policy for close to half a million lol. Probably not a lot for some but plenty to help my family get a house and what not should I be gunned down.

She mentioned she wants to get a gun. I said as long as I don't have access to it and it's put up in a safe away from the kids.