What is the best PTZ camera for $350-$400 ?

Roye

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking for a PTZ camera to run it on Blueiris. I have a limited budget.

Can you help be choose the best camera?

Thanks

Roye

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you recommend a specific model?

Thanks

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Dahua PTZ's are the best hands down, but you'll need to up your budget a little bit... at the lower end of the spectrum they tend to start off there, and higher end tops out around twice that..

depends on what your plans are, those Huisun are acceptable if you dont have big plans and can work with the limitations.. for the budget minded they are a top choice.

Roye

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It will definitely depend on what you're needing it for and what specific requirements you need...
I want to put the camera in the corner of the house so I can see my house yard from work. I would like to zoom in and see people at a distance 200 meters.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
The 51mm max lens length on the Huisun won't be your best friend when viewing people at 200m. Longer would be better. Also, speed domes are called that for a reason. Particularly for a corner mount, the Huisun's slow pan speed is an Achilles heel. If the budget is there I'd spend a few more bucks and be happier.

Roye

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The 51mm max lens length on the Huisun won't be your best friend when viewing people at 200m. Longer would be better. Also, speed domes are called that for a reason. Particularly for a corner mount, the Huisun's slow pan speed is an Achilles heel. If the budget is there I'd spend a few more bucks and be happier.
I can't spend $3000 but I can spend more, let us say up to $700. Does that make the change?

Thanks!

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Do some searching on here for speed dome, ptz, Cantonk, Sunba, Huisun, Imporx. Some things to pay attention to that might not jump out at you at first are Blue Iris or NVR compatibility (it's gotta be controlled by what you want to use) and uptilt if needed. Some don't aim up at all and others might give 10 degrees. I need a bit where I am because I live on a bit of a slope.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Jack's link is a significant step up over the under $400 models I've pointed to. It might not seem like it's worth the extra $150 or so over your budget right now, but you'll probably wish you'd spent the extra few bucks in the not-too-distant future. My money is on the Dahua lasting many years longer than the cheaper ones.

angelojoanos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I agree. I would go with the Dahua. I have the same one but in 4mp. The 2mp posted with give slighty better night vision. I also have a Hunisun 10x ptz. The extra money is well worth it. I tried saving money going with cheaper options, and eneded up with the Dahua!

Last edited by a moderator:

angelojoanos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Oh.....I also Had a Sunba 501 and 601 model. There is no comparison in build quality, zoom capability, firmware, and software to what the Dahua offers for the price.
image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: