Where did these tires come from?

Reaction score
Ran an errand and when i got back i noticed someone had dumped tires on the side street. So i reviewed my video and was surprised to see it was someone who lives on the back street. SMH I thought someone drove in the neighbor hood and dumped them. Never did i think it would be someone who lives in the neighborhood. I will go and ask her to pick them up because i know where she lives on that back street. If she refuses to pick them up, i will be turning the video over to the police.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ran an errand and when i got back i noticed someone had dumped tires on the side street. So i reviewed my video and was surprised to see it was someone who lives on the back street. SMH I thought someone drove in the neighbor hood and dumped them. Never did i think it would be someone who lives in the neighborhood. I will go and ask her to pick them up because i know where she lives on that back street. If she refuses to pick them up, i will be turning the video over to the police.
I'd report them to the police as I really do not like they way they just tossed it instead of piling them up nicely.

Seriously shows how much disregard they have, and they're just going to do it again on someone else's lawn.

1583863358375.png

Reaction score
I'd report them to the police as I really do not like they way they just tossed it instead of piling them up nicely.

Seriously shows how much disregard they have, and they're just going to do it again on someone else's lawn.
Yeah i know, but at least in the back of their mind they will be thinking someone might be watching.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah i know, but at least in the back of their mind they will be thinking someone might be watching.
Perhaps writing their names, addresses, and license plate info on the tires in a way you can't remove their names easily and then returning it back on their property late at night.

i.e. " property of Bob Smith 123 elm street.. license plate 123xyz"

That would be funny.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nice neighbors. They didn't care, it was broad daylight.

When I had a business, douche bags would put their household trash in my dumpster. I usually left work at 11pm, I would check the dumpster, because it was a big problem. Take me about 30 seconds to find a bill in their trash with their name and address. Some how it always ended up on their front yard. :)

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You go and ask her/them to pick them up and you'll immediately identify yourself for retaliation. Anyone who drives to a different part of their own neighborhood (or ANYWHERE to illegally dump I guess....) isn't someone that you want to deal with.

I wouldn't even bother calling the police. If the police go to them and say "someone called or saw you dump", or "we have video of you dumping" then it wouldn't take but a moment for them to go there and look for a visible camera to identify you. My take would be to put them back in their yard or even through their window in the middle of the night. But then you're risking a whole blow up confrontation. Nothing really gained there.

In the end, you live near trashy people. Not your fault. Either you clean it up yourself or you confront them get ready to engage in a war.

Good luck man. you got some bad neighbors to deal with there.

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would publicly shame them and turn the footage over to the local news.
Do you really think that kind of person would be embarrassed? Also if you turn over the footage to the news where it gets publicly blasted, how long would it take them to watch it, and determine which house the video came from? THEN....you're really likely to get some flashback about it.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok I don’t understand. Why would he have tyres to dump? If I get tyres changed the tyre place takes care of the old ones, can’t think of any situation where I’d end up with tyres that I don’t want?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok I don’t understand. Why would he have tyres to dump? If I get tyres changed the tyre place takes care of the old ones, can’t think of any situation where I’d end up with tyres that I don’t want?
Hi @IAmATeaf

Not unusual in the past to have people in the USA with tyres / tires. In some states they charge you extra to dispose of them - so owners opt to keep them and save a few $ ...

I know my dad had a few around in his yard which we finally recycled.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
Here in Canada they pay you money for them. A few local garages here accept them for free and they have people pick them up with a trailer and pay the garage $1 per tire

Last edited:
Reaction score
If this is in Harris County, the Precinct One Constable’s Office handles environmental crimes for all of Harris County.

The number to call to report environmental crimes in Harris County is 832-927-1567. Give them a call, tell them you know who did it because you have video. Ask if they will keep you out of it.

Tires actually have serial numbers. I thought these Enviro Police would use that to track the owner, but I guess not.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Tires that came off of stolen rims. Lots of reasons, changed the tires himself....yes it happens.
Good reason to call the police....tell them you want to remain anonymous. They probably stole the tires/rim off some poor soul's car...you may solve a crime. If you ask them to pick them up they'll just dump them around the corner on someone else's yard.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you really think that kind of person would be embarrassed? Also if you turn over the footage to the news where it gets publicly blasted, how long would it take them to watch it, and determine which house the video came from? THEN....you're really likely to get some flashback about it.
Good point, however if they come back, at least they will know they will be recorded again but most likely they won't care just like in the first case.