Which Cameras/Setup would go for with your home?

GaryTX87

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So there's no way I can somehow add audio to a camera? As for the city noise ordinance, my county does not have a noise ordinance (unless they are in their vehicle or a police officer just happens to see them and its over 85 decibels). However, the authorities said if it does happen again, and we have proof (audio and video), they will be cited since this is a ongoing issue (almost a year now).

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So there's no way I can somehow add audio to a camera? As for the city noise ordinance, my county does not have a noise ordinance (unless they are in their vehicle or a police officer just happens to see them and its over 85 decibels). However, the authorities said if it does happen again, and we have proof (audio and video), they will be cited since this is a ongoing issue (almost a year now).
Hi Gary,

iirc the more affordable cameras in the kit you picked up do not have wiring for a microphone.

This is the disadvantage of more affordable cameras, they will have to have had some compromises to keep the pricing lower.

GaryTX87

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for letting me know. I wonder if it's possible to buy or build a cheaper audio device, or even just recorder I could put by one of the cameras to solve this issue. You know something that could be fully independent of the camera and run off a sd card or something?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for letting me know. I wonder if it's possible to buy or build a cheaper audio device, or even just recorder I could put by one of the cameras to solve this issue. You know something that could be fully independent of the camera and run off a sd card or something?
IPC-HDW4231EM-ASE
Andy has it for approx $120-130 shipped.

If you use a separate recording device, you have no proof that was him.
A cam with audio is needed.
You need to have a face to face discussion with the county prosecutor.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Talk to the prosecutor first otherwise your wasting your time

GaryTX87

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just went back, and police officer just told me now there's no need to install them, that you can always just use your smart video and record a video, that should be enough for them.

What could the prosecutor do?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just went back, and police officer just told me now there's no need to install them, that you can always just use your smart video and record a video, that should be enough for them.

What could the prosecutor do?
Give you guidance. It's typically best not to take legal advice from the popo.