Which NVR would you recommend from the below?

Reaction score
Hello everyone! New to home security world and forum.

I'm trying to build a security camera system for my home. I don't need more than 4 cameras and the front side one will be 4K, they will be connected to my PoE switch, so i don't need a PoE integrated NVR.

From the 3 listed (available in Greece and most famous around here) which one would you recommend? I need it to have Human detection capability from ONVIF cameras if possible.
-ANNKE N44PAM
-HIKVISION DS-7608NXI-K1
-DAHUA NVR4108HS-4KS3

I also would like to ask, does any of those have the ability to send http/mqtt request as BlueIris does? Thanks in advance!
The reason i don't go with BlueIris is mainly because i don't trust the robustness of Windows system, power consumption and hard-drive encryption (i'm not sure about that tbh).

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Apples vs oranges on the HiK vs Dahua. The HiK has NVR capable AI, the Dahua is a budget model that relies on the camera to do AI

That said, always best to match the NVR brand to the cameras brand.

Reaction score
Apples vs oranges on the HiK vs Dahua. The HiK has NVR capable AI, the Dahua is a budget model that relies on the camera to do AI

That said, always best to match the NVR brand to the cameras brand.
What about the SMD+ the Dahua offers?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Barely anyone here uses SMD - AI with tripwires and intrusion boxes are far better than any MD or SMD type system.

You turn off Windows updates and the device is better, faster, more secure than an NVR...

Those that run both show with a kilo-watt meter that the draw of the computer can be less.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello everyone! New to home security world and forum.

I'm trying to build a security camera system for my home. I don't need more than 4 cameras and the front side one will be 4K, they will be connected to my PoE switch, so i don't need a PoE integrated NVR.

From the 3 listed (available in Greece and most famous around here) which one would you recommend? I need it to have Human detection capability from ONVIF cameras if possible.
-ANNKE N44PAM
-HIKVISION DS-7608NXI-K1
-DAHUA NVR4108HS-4KS3

I also would like to ask, does any of those have the ability to send http/mqtt request as BlueIris does? Thanks in advance!
The reason i don't go with BlueIris is mainly because i don't trust the robustness of Windows system, power consumption and hard-drive encryption (i'm not sure about that tbh).
Welcome @Cameranthropos

"Hello everyone! New to home security world and forum.

I'm trying to build a security camera system for my home. I don't need more than 4 cameras and the front side one will be 4K .. "

Many of us, when new to this also thought "I don't need more than X cameras .. " - and in the end added another one or two .. so think about 2x the number of cameras you think you need as the number of channels you may want on an NVR

Iras

n3wb
Reaction score
i have 5 4mp cameras connected on a 7608nxi-k1 nvr and i get the playback limit exceeded message right after updating the firmware. No other issues during simultaneous playback, instant load of live view, single or multiple playback, event triggering and notification etc. everything works normally. Whats the message about?

Attachments

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
i have 5 4mp cameras connected on a 7608nxi-k1 nvr and i get the playback limit exceeded message right after updating the firmware. No other issues during simultaneous playback, instant load of live view, single or multiple playback, event triggering and notification etc. everything works normally. Whats the message about?
Read spec sheet for that model...

Screenshot 2024-06-19 at 17.38.12.png

You can display / decode 3 or 4 cameras @4MP (30 fps) at once..

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
-ANNKE N44PAM
-HIKVISION DS-7608NXI-K1
-DAHUA NVR4108HS-4KS3
What exactly cameras You will use? From which company?

You should choose NVR from the same company as cams...

Mixing vendors creates a lot of problems and missing features...

ps. both HIK and Dahua NVR models are very low-end models with low decoding capability (if you want to display live view from many 4k cams)...

Iras

n3wb
Reaction score
I see the specs, however i don't have any problem in simultaneous live view of all 5 cameras at max resolution and in recording. What is the NVR actually restricting?
Ok i realise that it will revert to a lower quality sub-stream broadcast on live view of some channels if bandwith is exceeded. Is recording also affected if it is set to record in main stream?

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok i realise that it will revert to a lower quality sub-stream broadcast on live view of some channels if bandwith is exceeded. Is recording also affected if it is set to record in main stream?
No, recordings are stored always from main stream...

This limits decoding capability - for viewing live view or for viewing recorded footage from many cams at once on NVR (over HDMI)...