Why more than 2 users won't see live stream?

vanni93

n3wb
Reaction score
I need to show 3 ip cam Hikvision over the LAN of my building. After many issues I finally found out how to do so, the problem is that if more than 2 users open the website of the 3 cameras, the last user that connects to the url won't see anything just 3 black boxes instead of 3 live streams.

This is the code I used

<object classid="clsid:9BE31822-FDAD- 461BAD51BE1D1C159921"codebase="http://downloads.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/latest/win32/axvlc.cab" id="vlc" events="True" width="500" height="480"> <param name="Src" value="rtsp://admin:psw@ip"/> <param name="ShowDisplay" value="True"/> <param name="AutoLoop" value="False"/>
<embed id="vlcEmb" type="application/x-google-vlc-plugin" version="VideoLAN.VLCPlugin.2" autoplay="yes" loop="no" target=" rtsp://admin:psw@ip " width="500" height="480"/> </object>

Thank you for your precious help. Have a nice day

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry I cannot offer some insight into your problem but would like to pass this on. If you post your code inside the CODE tags you won't get the smiley face icons. Select the + sign at the top of your post window and then </> Code and paste in your code. It will appear as below:
Code:
 <object classid="clsid:9BE31822-FDAD- 461BAD51BE1D1C159921"codebase="http://downloads.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/latest/win32/axvlc.cab" id="vlc" events="True" width="500" height="480"> <param name="Src" value="rtsp://admin:psw@ip"/> <param name="ShowDisplay" value="True"/> <param name="AutoLoop" value="False"/>
 <embed id="vlcEmb" type="application/x-google-vlc-plugin" version="VideoLAN.VLCPlugin.2" autoplay="yes" loop="no" target=" rtsp://admin:psw@ip" width="500" height="480"/> </object>

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You are overloading the cameras ability to process the request. The cameras job is to process video not web requests. Get a high quality NVR or a PC running a VMS(bi). Run you request from there.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^.

An appropriate PC with Blue Iris would allow each user to be controlled uniquely: by schedule, by time limit, by camera(s) viewed, even limit bandwidth. Users can use their browser on their PC, tablet or smartphone to access BI's built-in web server, over the LAN or remotely.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I need to show 3 ip cam Hikvision over the LAN of my building. After many issues I finally found out how to do so, the problem is that if more than 2 users open the website of the 3 cameras, the last user that connects to the url won't see anything just 3 black boxes instead of 3 live streams.

This is the code I used

<embed id="vlcEmb" type="application/x-google-vlc-plugin" version="VideoLAN.VLCPlugin.2" autoplay="yes" loop="no" target=" rtsp://admin:psw@ip " width="500" height="480"/> </object>

Thank you for your precious help. Have a nice day
Generally 3 users should be ok, do you have a very high bitrate? Also if using certain low end models like some china region cameras the processor may not be sufficient.
Look into the multicast function on the camera.

vanni93

n3wb
Reaction score
You are overloading the cameras ability to process the request. The cameras job is to process video not web requests. Get a high quality NVR or a PC running a VNC (bi). Run you request from there.
I could also use a pc as a server.
Could you please tell me how to configure e what VNC to use?
free would be better

vanni93

n3wb
Reaction score
maybe I could try with the ivms 4200 stream media server from hikvision?
But I don't know how to configure it and how to allow stream over the LAN

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I could also use a pc as a server.
Could you please tell me how to configure e what VNC to use?
free would be better
I think a post earlier by another forum member contained a typo and he meant VMS (Video Management System), not VNC (Virtual Network Computing).

I highly recommend Blue Iris...It's very inexpensive, highly configurable and this forum has MANY members that can assist. My best suggestion regarding a server PC for it would be for you to read the Wiki above, and pay special attention to the section entitled "Choosing Hardware for Blue Iris."

vanni93

n3wb
Reaction score
I think a post earlier by another forum member contained a typo and he meant VMS (Video Management System), not VNC (Virtual Network Computing).

I highly recommend Blue Iris...It's very inexpensive, highly configurable and this forum has MANY members that can assist. My best suggestion regarding a server PC for it would be for you to read the Wiki above, and pay special attention to the section entitled "Choosing Hardware for Blue Iris."
I have configured the IMVS4200 Streaming Media Server of Hikvision, but now what?
What's the next step in order to allow all my users to see live stream?
I need like a url o something?