Wireless Battery Powered HD IP Cameras for Blue Iris

jalsmiley

n3wb
Reaction score
thats why you have channels and ent prise aps have focal points for there ant coverage duh...you obviously have not setup anything on large scale befre bc you have no clue!
dick waving lol youre 34...so that means before the age of 24 you started two......blah blah lie lie bs and if you knew anything about networking youd know this would be childs play to setup

jalsmiley

n3wb
Reaction score
my boss is me now...guess you cant read lol and now all i see is no data or proof and nothing but nerd kb waior talk...if you got time to post 8k times on here i doubt youre not sitting in your moms basement right now with a belly and zits all over lol

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
there is an arlo netg cam with battery like you are describing...since bi can do manual setups multiple ways they can probably work...maybe...but if no one has tried buy one and test it out...idk what kind of battery life you would get though!
I can never work...the only way arlo works is that it does not transmit or record any video until a pir sensor detects motion...otherwise the batter will die in a matter of hours. Instead running your mouth, accept this fact and the fact that you have no clue about how ip cameras work, read a bit and learn something here.
EDIT, this is explained in Dodutils' post..read it.

jalsmiley

n3wb
Reaction score
You seriously registered for this site just to troll this thread an promote shitty wifi cams?
i trolled to promote!? i just said that the cam he is referring to exist but prob wouldnt work anyway bc of battery life...thats what you call promotion lol

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
dick waving lol youre 34...so that means before the age of 24 you started two......blah blah lie lie bs and if you knew anything about networking youd know this would be childs play to setup
I've got a friend who stared his own dialup ISP when he was 8 (he was really just a re-seller at first but was much cheaper than aol), he recently gave a TED talk. I don't find it hard to believe a smart teenager in BFE could successfully start a WISP.

Last edited:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yep using motorolla canopy equipment I setup one small farm town off the local water tower; then sold it off to a larger local telephone provider.. then repeated it on the next town over.. Its how I paid for my higher education w/out going into massive debt.

no cable/dsl to compete with in those locations, took off like wildfire

jalsmiley

n3wb
Reaction score
lol, go for it bro.. prove me wrong, I'll love to see it...

better start working on that resume; im sure your boss is going to be soo pleased with this that he'll have to send you off to do more important things w/another company..

I work with clowns like you all the time; Ive forgotten more than you'll ever fucking know

You have 3 channels to work with, thats not nearly enough.. what are you one of those idiots who run shit something other than 1/6/11 not realizing they all overlap and your fucking up the entire band.
so you work for networking manuf but you still stuck in 2.4 ghz land and only 3 non overlap channels....okay buddy...

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Where you finding 5Ghz security cameras at, let alone ones that run off a battery? and yes, there's only 3 non overlapping 2.4Ghz channels, the FCC defines the band frequencies were allowed to operate ISM devices on.

FYI The Motorola Canopy WISP I started ran off 900MHz ISM

the admins of this forum can vouch for my credentials; they can see the IP address im connecting from right now and whom owns it... Ive also shown them my work badge

jalsmiley

n3wb
Reaction score
Where you finding 5Ghz security cameras at, let alone ones that run off a battery? and yes, there's only 3 non overlapping 2.4Ghz channels, the FCC defines the band frequencies were allowed to operate ISM devices on.

the admins of this forum can vouch for my credentials; they can see the IP address im connecting from right now and whom owns it... Ive also shown them my work badge
heres 4 at the same time...no more just because not setup more...not just 3....4...thx

Attachments

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
how come they all have play buttons on em and different times? dont look like thats 4 devices streaming at the same time..

your iphone is not a security camera, you going to buy 24 of them and tape em on the wall?

jalsmiley

n3wb
Reaction score

you dont know how to read....i know there only 3 "totally" non overlap...i said you were stuck in those days! its called sarcasm...and you dont have to use the only 3...it just gives you better performance...get out of the chair and stop reading and more doing and youd see it works fine

jalsmiley

n3wb
Reaction score
how come they all have play buttons on em and different times? dont look like thats 4 devices streaming at the same time..

your iphone is not a security camera, you going to buy 24 of them and tape em on the wall?
you said it like because its battery powerred you couldnt have 5 g.... well iphones are and battery powerred as are some cams...the clips over lap in time...look at the times only two mins and you can pull even a 5 camera LIVE view at same time if you want

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
these are 720p not 1080p, you might be able to squeeze a few more in there becuase of that but you'll never scale that up to 25 of em.. the'll all start jamming eachother out.

Do a speed test on your wifi w/out the cameras running and then with them all streaming.. the more devices you add the higher the noise floor is going to get and the faster it'll just come crashing down.

jalsmiley

n3wb
Reaction score
dude...ive setup multiple floors in nyc many times and if you space out and focus you antenna range and directions and width of the signal correctly which isnt hard you can have hundred devices pulling data at same time over wifi over same freqs...you can set these to 1080 no prob too and the bandwidth on 1080 is very small....there are even total shxt wireless systems out there at 2.4 that come with 4 cams that made to connect to crap home router...idk why you think you cant get 25 running on diff aps throughtout a building....ive seen up to 150 phones connected to work wifis at once....yeah that multiple multiple ent aps but from what youre saying is they wouldnt even work...but every major comp in nyc has it running and thats not to mention go to an atrium ground floor restaurant area with not too many aps in a large 90 floor building in city and imagine how many people are sitting there on laptops and phones at same time on same wifi network...it works

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
dude...ive setup multiple floors in nyc many times and if you space out and focus you antenna range and directions and width of the signal correctly which isnt hard you can have hundred devices pulling data at same time over wifi over same freqs...you can set these to 1080 no prob too and the bandwidth on 1080 is very small....there are even total shxt wireless systems out there at 2.4 that come with 4 cams that made to connect to crap home router...idk why you think you cant get 25 running on diff aps throughtout a building....ive seen up to 150 phones connected to work wifis at once....yeah that multiple multiple ent aps but from what youre saying is they wouldnt even work...but every major comp in nyc has it running and thats not to mention go to an atrium ground floor restaurant area with not too many aps in a large 90 floor building in city and imagine how many people are sitting there on laptops and phones at same time on same wifi network...it works
There's just no reason. The money you'd waste on trying to get wifi to perform this task with 25 security cams would more than pay for the installation of ethernet and would work so much better

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
isnt my iphone 5g lol and battery powerred
You keep posting nonsense despite the fact that we have conclusively proved that arlo cannot be used with blue iris both because the battery will run out and Arlo does not and will not transmit an rtsp or onvif stream. Why do you keep highlighting your stupidity?

Reaction score
Ring.com manufactures a wireless camera with built in rechargeable battery. It's called Stick Up Cam ($200). What makes this camera interesting for your application is that Ring also has a Solar Power hookup that will recharge the battery on the fly whenever there is sunlight. The solar panel is $50. However, I don't believe it will work with Blue Iris. Still, the solar option addresses your lack of power issue.

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ring.com manufactures a wireless camera with built in rechargeable battery. It's called Stick Up Cam ($200). What makes this camera interesting for your application is that Ring also has a Solar Power hookup that will recharge the battery on the fly whenever there is sunlight. The solar panel is $50. However, I don't believe it will work with Blue Iris. Still, the solar option addresses your lack of power issue.
Your ring product do not show the internal battery size nor show any info about solar panel power... this make such product suspect...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ring is garbage and does not integrate with any third party vms...so useless to the OP on both fronts.