Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-PFW5849-A180-E2 - Dual Lens 180 Degree Full Color 4K (8MP Stitched) Camera

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
All

As promised, I’ve completed and uploaded the final part of this camera test, the Turret night testing. I know I said I was just going to do a few clips but since the turret has become a favorite form factor (especially for this camera), and yo know me, I wanted to take some time and go through multiple lighting scenarios as I did with its bigger Bullet Cam brother. Therefore this is a 17 minute video and includes feedback from this forum on things you wanted to see.

I will add timestamps in at a later time + will also re-link all video for this set of reviews to the first page posts for easy reference of new viewers to this thread.

A lot of work has gone into this camera from a bug and testing perspective, I hope you’ve found it useful and if so please do consider liking and subscribing in YouTube.

I will look at providing a wrap up post here as well on findings etc but included a shorter one in the video (again per feedback, thanks !) too. For those asking me which one of these cams I would pick, Turret for sure. Not only can it easily keep up with its bullet cam brother BUT critically its one of the few smaller turret form factors that includes 4 illuminators (usually limited to 2) which makes it ideal for those that want a smaller form factor but rely on on-camera light. I compare to the legendary 4K-T and that definitely still has an edge on 4K at night (sharpness, minimal noise) but of course does not offer the flexibility of the 180 camera. Therefore deployments that feature both (along with other cams of course) would be a strong recommendation for a really nice setup. On top of this the ability to use as an amazing addition to a PTZ activation scenario is a definite thumbs up.

For those tracking my posts on issues seen. There are a couple left that I flagged with Dahua that they are working on:

1. SD card buffering / frame drop issue - I’ve tied this to E-PTZ use scenarios overwhelming system resources, disabling this will resolve issue for now
  2. Noise - Further tweaks could assist in reducing noise impact quality - Have recommended a few minor (and I do mean minor) tweaks to this. Can also mitigate with settings I show in the video
  3. Splicing algorithm shows the actual splice point more evidently at night - Made recommendations on ‘similar pixel’ algorithm to address
Enjoy and remember to select 4K on YouTube

I just bought one of these cameras. I got to 2 cameras that I have setup under my PTZ. I sure wish I could get it to work as a spotter. I’v tried with the other 2 under the PTZ but couldn’t get it to work proper.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just bought one of these cameras. I got to 2 cameras that I have setup under my PTZ. I sure wish I could get it to work as a spotter. I’v tried with the other 2 under the PTZ but couldn’t get it to work proper.
Here is a thread I created on how to set up spotter cams for BI or an NVR

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Here is a thread I created on how to set up spotter cams for BI or an NVR

Thank’s. I believe that’s the thread I used to attempt to get it setup. But when I triggered the camera facing east, it moved the PTZ to the west spot. I gave up at the time and never had time to revisit the attempt. Maybe I’ll review the thread aging and make another attempt with the new camera.:thumbdown:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys

Due to the covid19 big outbreak in China since Dec. dahua production on this model has been badly delayed, but lastly we get 30pcs ship to Amazon this week. So will show there soon.
In 2023 we will add black color to this 180 camera, will be same cool color as IPC-Color4K-T one.

1672735174788.png

Andy

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Jeez Wittaj, what a tease. Delivery not until Jan. 19th - 21st. Thanks for posting availability.
I think it will be a lot faster. I think once it is fully processed thru Amazon, it will be the usual couple of day turn-around.

I am sure Andy can confirm when he is back online here.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Normally will ship earlier than that date, next week can be shipped. We ship cams to amazon IN warehouse, then they split the stocks, and ship to difference warehouse across the US. So then always can do fast shipping.

cp220

n3wb
Reaction score
Amazon has one of these cams lost somewhere in one of their warehouses. I ordered one December 13th and it was delivered the other day to my place in Alberta. I have everything prepped for it to go up, but when I picked up the amazon box I noticed it was really light..... 20230105_191750.jpg

Thankfully my daughter didn't see it before I re-sealed the box to send it back to amazon returns in Nevada. That would have been an expensive kids tea set!

ATX

n3wb
Reaction score
Mounted my new IPC-Color4K-T180 (replacing a IPC-T5442T-ZE). I was originally considering the Hikvision dual-lens due to its better horizontal resolution / aspect ratio, but being able to re-use my existing camera mount (PFB203W) took precedence.

Note that it has analog audio/video connectors so the cable bundle is larger/thicker. It was a pain to get everything stuffed up into the PFB203W mount. If I wasn't already on the ladder and just wanted to be done with it, I would have taken it back inside the house and cut off those connectors.

The waterproof Ethernet connector is already hard enough as it is to put back into the hole of the PFB203W without causing a bend on the Ethernet cable. I wish Dahua would reduce the length of that waterproof connector by even just 5mm.