Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-PFW5849-A180-E2 - Dual Lens 180 Degree Full Color 4K (8MP Stitched) Camera

mephisto_uk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you try increasing the receive buffer ? Something to try anyway. 20MB is max. you should try according to manual.
Increased from 6 to 20MB, still the camera freezes from time to time in Blueiris

mephisto_uk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been keeping an eye, it seems the substream in blueiris drops FPS first, and then the main stream drops, then it all goes downhill and blueiris automatically seems to soft restart it. Strangely, the FPS goes down, but the bitrate is still there, varying a bit up and down, but at no time it drops.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Exactly same problem I have here with the camera going no signal. I'm trying to compare to web interface. I wonder if this is related to one of those setting like "keep alive" that I know can be problematic with some cameras
Is this camera's data at anypoint running through a router?
The camera and the BI pc should both be plugged into the same POE switch.
Then another line from the POE switch should run to the router.

mephisto_uk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is this camera's data at anypoint running through a router?
The camera and the BI pc should both be plugged into the same POE switch.
Then another line from the POE switch should run to the router.
Cameras and BI on the same VLAN, no routing on firewall in between them. They are not on the same switch, they are using uplinks, the network topology is fine and I monitor the network ports for traffic so I can easily gauge if there is congestion, plus the CCTV VLAN has priority over other VLANs.

I've even increased the camera to 16000kbit and used the ROI to create some areas of high quality and the camera shoot up all the way to nearly 35000kbit, still worked okay with no congestion or packet loss. I decided to lower the substream1 bitrate from 2048 to 1024, so far no freezes. Not sure what is going on, but definitely not network related as otherwise it would cause problem to 2 other cameras connected to the same switch.

I'll see how it goes and then put the substream1 back to 2048 to see if I can reproduce the problem.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Cameras and BI on the same VLAN, no routing on firewall in between them. They are not on the same switch, they are using uplinks, the network topology is fine and I monitor the network ports for traffic so I can easily gauge if there is congestion, plus the CCTV VLAN has priority over other VLANs.

I've even increased the camera to 16000kbit and used the ROI to create some areas of high quality and the camera shoot up all the way to nearly 35000kbit, still worked okay with no congestion or packet loss. I decided to lower the substream1 bitrate from 2048 to 1024, so far no freezes. Not sure what is going on, but definitely not network related as otherwise it would cause problem to 2 other cameras connected to the same switch.

I'll see how it goes and then put the substream1 back to 2048 to see if I can reproduce the problem.
What about other settings - are you maxing out the rated spec by running 30FPS, etc.?

mephisto_uk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What about other settings - are you maxing out the rated spec by running 30FPS, etc.?
I just increased bitrate to 16000 and used ROI at quality level 6 to make it go all the way up, FPS still at 15 FPS. Are you suggesting increasing FPS to see if I can find a bottleneck like the CPU of the camera? I'll do that and try to use ROI as well to see how far it can go.

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I’m trying to get IVS to work with this camera. I setup all the rules but I can’t get camera to trigger.

okay, I got it to trigger (new GUI). But, I’m not getting any saved alert/recording or push notification. I have it set to “camera’s digital input or motion alarm” only. Any Idea on what I could be doing wrong?

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I’m trying to get IVS to work with this camera. I setup all the rules but I can’t get camera to trigger.

okay, I got it to trigger (new GUI). But, I’m not getting any saved alert/recording or push notification. I have it set to “camera’s digital input or motion alarm” only. Any Idea on what I could be doing wrong?
Did you tell it in BI to pull ONVIF triggers on the camera setup page where you put in the IP address and user/password?

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did you tell it in BI to pull ONVIF triggers on the camera setup page where you put in the IP address and user/password?
Yes. I have “get ONVIF trigger events” checked. I also increased buffer to 20mb and have “send RTSP keep-Alive’s” and “Use RTSP/stream time code” checked.
I was hopping to just have to check “Camera’s Digital input or motion alarm”. But to get something working I’m having to also check ‘Motion sensor”.
was hopping to just use IVS triggers. I’v got it working on my other Color4k cameras and my PTZ-sd8A820WA-HNF just fine.

I am getting an Events: subscription 00000190. Was also getting events: sub on my HikVision DS-2……-lsu/sl until I did a lot of reading and found out I had to set an Admin and PW in the GUI of that camera. Now no more issues on the HikVisiion.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Re run the find/inspect in BI and post a screenshot of the pop up window. I am thinking you have a "bad response" line in there due to on ONVIF conflict.

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Re run the find/inspect in BI and post a screenshot of the pop up window. I am thinking you have a "bad response" line in there due to on ONVIF conflict.
HTTP Get / request...
OK
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
2023-04-09T01:26:21.000Z
Requesting device information...
Manufacturer: General
Model: IPC
FirmwareVersion: 3.120.0000000.2.R, Build Date 2022-10-21
GetCapabilities...
Querying services
Has Search services: /onvif/search_service
Has Imaging services: /onvif/imaging_service
Has media services: /onvif/media_service
Has RTP_RTSP_TCP, requesting profiles
profile token MediaProfile00000
profile name MediaProfile_Channel1_MainStream
profile source is 00000
profile source config is 00000
profile token MediaProfile00001
profile name MediaProfile_Channel1_SubStream1
profile source is 00000
profile token MediaProfile00002
profile name MediaProfile_Channel1_SubStream2
profile source is 00000
requesting URI for profile MediaProfile00000
RTSP URI: /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
requesting URI for profile MediaProfile00001
RTSP URI: /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
requesting URI for profile MediaProfile00002
RTSP URI: /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=2&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
Has Event services: /onvif/event_service
Has WSPullPointSupport
RelayOutputs: 1
RelayOutput: 00000/Bistable/open
InputConnectors: 1
Has Device IO services: /onvif/deviceIO_service
AudioOutputs: 1
Done

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That all looks right.

Did you update to the latest firmware? If not I would suggest try that.

And we have seen some weird things with this GUI that a factory reset solves, so I would say give that a try as well.

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That all looks right.

Did you update to the latest firmware? If not I would suggest try that.

And we have seen some weird things with this GUI that a factory reset solves, so I would say give that a try as well.
Okay. I’ll try to update the firmware. I’v never updated firmware on any of my cameras. I was always afraid ok bricking one:facepalm:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Okay. I’ll try to update the firmware. I’v never updated firmware on any of my cameras. I was always afraid ok bricking one:facepalm:
I hear you! But on a new camera (especially within return period LOL), especially one like this where folks here are providing input to Dahua, it makes sense to update.

But after that, if it works for you, then yeah don't update lol

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
One of the comparisons The HookUp made was that the Dahua turret version is a ball joint for roll positioning.

Browsing Jingdong, I see that Dahua experimented with a non-roll version like the Hikvision 180.
The price gets me..... $135nzd for a 2mp*2 camera? That's $83usd.

1681208037894.png

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In more observational news:
Dahua website and Dahua Youtube channel feature with what appears to be a new mini dual-lens splicing camera alongside the one mentioned in this thread.
and with TIoC, yay.

1681467082233.png

I have a feeling this dual-lens camera is going to be changed in many ways over the next few years for the 'general' surveillance audience.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just get the black turret in, cool black. :headbang:

View attachment 158475

View attachment 158476
Is anyone using this camera in Blue Iris? I've noticed it often stop responding to Blue Iris and it seems to be performing a soft restart. I've noticed the FPS drops and then it stops responding. I'm running it at 15 FPS, Key 1 (i-frame 15) at 8192 kbit bitrate. Barely any CPU use in blue iris as I do H264 direct to disk. All other 5442 cameras are working just as fine. Just wondering if this is camera or BI related, most likely config related I guess...
I had a very similar issue with this camera, getting many "NoSignal" errors in BI. I do not have AI Enabled in the camera, just IVS tripwire/intrusion rules because I also use a Dahua NVR. I found that when I switched from using Substream 2 to Substream 1 the problem went away. I also only run all cameras at 10 FPS. I have to believe it's more a way BI polls the camera for a response than it is a network/POE issue. The previous cam on this port, worked fine. I also don't get any errors on the NVR for loss of signal.
It took awhile and I was willing to wait, but I finally got the black version. I think it looks really cool and is a great option for those with dark or black areas that you are going to hang the camera.

My first order of business is to flash the new firmware on it and then I am going to bench test it overnight in BI with a known good short cable and a known good POE+ injector to see if I experience the No Signal errors and FPS drop outs that some others have seen with their system.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
It took awhile and I was willing to wait, but I finally got the black version. I think it looks really cool and is a great option for those with dark or black areas that you are going to hang the camera.

My first order of business is to flash the new firmware on it and then I am going to bench test it overnight in BI with a known good short cable and a known good POE+ injector to see if I experience the No Signal errors and FPS drop outs that some others have seen with their system.
Hey buddy

Please share us some pics when you get those setting on BI. And test more time on it, We also get some report say BI has some drop out. Thanks a lot!