Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-PFW5849-A180-E2 - Dual Lens 180 Degree Full Color 4K (8MP Stitched) Camera

f13dfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So other than getting a more powerful computer, my suggestions would be to make sure you have a name brand power source, pure copper cable, and watch if you are really losing signal or if it is just BI having an issue thinking it is losing signal when it really isn't.
I totally understand where you’re coming from. I originally had (for 5 years) a Dahua DH-SD52C225U-HNI Mini Auto-Tracking PTZ where this T180 is now, but the auto-tracking was mediocre at best even when I had it fully tweaked and the clarity just wasn’t there.

I am experimenting with the DMSS iPhone app which works great for HUMAN & VEHICLE detection for the T180. Maybe I just remove this cam from BI and use the DMSS app instead cause my wife & 2 adult kids no longer pay attention to the BI alerts because they are too many issues with poor tracking at night.

axolotls

n3wb
Reaction score
I am running the latest updated BI on a 14 (edit: initially wrote 22) year old PC and I just added this camera with no issues at all. Sounds like a processor issue. I love this camera.

Last edited:

f13dfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am running the latest updated BI on a 22 year old PC and I just added this camera with no issues at all. Sounds like a processor issue. I love this camera.
May I ask what processor, memory, graphics card, etc. you have in your 22 year old PC. Thanks in advance!

axolotls

n3wb
Reaction score
Gads. Must've been one of those days..14 years not 22.

Xeon-5600 3.3GHz (upgraded from 5500 for $18 last week). 12GB of RAM (came with PC) and GTX 660 graphics card that does nothing as it's not useable by BI.

Last edited:

onyxlinkia

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Still trying to fine tune the setting of the camera that I just set up. Anything else I need to fine tune? Thanks.

working mode: self adaptive
1685980343030.png
1685980413330.png
1685980444272.png
1685980536252.png

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd bring the bitrate up to 10240 and see if it looks any better.

Also, if this is daytime, judging from the shutter that it is, I'd drop the Noise Reduction. Try 15 and move up from there. You're at the sweet spot when there's less noise/graininess and no blur on moving objects. I prefer my image a touch noisy rather than have any blur.

Also, try h.264H if the camera supports it. It's supposed to be a bit better than regular h.264

onyxlinkia

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So, I noticed that 7:45 hrs recording took about 3.9Gb space, is this too much? Would you suggest reducing the resolution or bitrate to a lower one? Currently at 4096X1800 and 10240.

1686241417205.png

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
That's par for the course with for a camera like this. If you have the storage to keep at least a week's worth of recordings, I'd keep the settings as they are.

If storage is an issue, first consider upgrading your storage considering how cheap it is. Of that's not an option, you could drop the bitrate, resolution, fps or any combination of the aforementioned settings. Bit, imo, that would be a shame to do with this camera.

onyxlinkia

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's par for the course with for a camera like this. If you have the storage to keep at least a week's worth of recordings, I'd keep the settings as they are.

If storage is an issue, first consider upgrading your storage considering how cheap it is. Of that's not an option, you could drop the bitrate, resolution, fps or any combination of the aforementioned settings. Bit, imo, that would be a shame to do with this camera.
Thank you, just want to confirm if this is normal.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK I might have figured out why some are having the 180 camera lose signal in BI when the video is actually fine.

Previously I have reported in this thread in this post about how a cheap POE switch seemed to be problematic with this camera and BI.

So mine has been running fine since middle of April and not experiencing the No Signal issues that many have reported despite having name brand switches and cables, etc.

So today I was playing with mine and decided to give self-adaptive a try since I am using this camera strictly as OVERVIEW, so I didn't care too much about some blur, etc. The self-adaptive mode is an awesome mode that will kick in backlight when needed and turn off when not needed, etc.

BUT then I started having No Signal issues.

So with some more testing, I have concluded that this camera more than any seems to really drop the FPS if using Smart or AI codec. Further, if someone uses self-adaptive settings instead of customized, the FPS will drop and in both situations once the FPS drops too low, it is seen as a no signal error in BI.

I suspect self-adaptive mode that is available in the new GUI may be the reason for some similar problems others have seen in the 4K-T model as well.

dubber

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for the investigation.

May I ask what's the solution? A new firmware update from Andy?

The 2 4KT that I have are currently using "General" and not Smart Codec or AI Codec and also on Customized scene but still experiencing signal drops.

Thank you

OK I might have figured out why some are having the 180 camera lose signal in BI when the video is actually fine.

Previously I have reported in this thread in this post about how a cheap POE switch seemed to be problematic with this camera and BI.

So mine has been running fine since middle of April and not experiencing the No Signal issues that many have reported despite having name brand switches and cables, etc.

So today I was playing with mine and decided to give self-adaptive a try since I am using this camera strictly as OVERVIEW, so I didn't care too much about some blur, etc. The self-adaptive mode is an awesome mode that will kick in backlight when needed and turn off when not needed, etc.

BUT then I started having No Signal issues.

So with some more testing, I have concluded that this camera more than any seems to really drop the FPS if using Smart or AI codec. Further, if someone uses self-adaptive settings instead of customized, the FPS will drop and in both situations once the FPS drops too low, it is seen as a no signal error in BI.

I suspect self-adaptive mode that is available in the new GUI may be the reason for some similar problems others have seen in the 4K-T model as well.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the investigation.

May I ask what's the solution? A new firmware update from Andy?

The 2 4KT that I have are currently using "General" and not Smart Codec or AI Codec and also on Customized scene but still experiencing signal drops.

Thank you
I don't think the solution is a firmware update as that is the intended function of those settings.

Across the board we do not recommend Smart or AI Codec or any of the variants of H264 or H265 like the +, especially if one is using BI.

It is just for some reason it appears these newer cameras on newer GUI must be using even more advanced algorithms for some of these settings and codecs that are adjusting FPS and other things that BI takes exception to.

If you have confirmed you are using General, just plain H264, no self-adaptive functions, camera not going thru a router and are using quality name brand power and cables, I think the next course of action would be to submit a ticket to BI and let them remote in to your system so they can see the under the hood analytics on what is causing the no signal issues.

When I was investigating, I would notice having the BI camera status page up that the FPS would drop (even though I have it set at a constant) and once it would drop below 2FPS and the KEY below 0.1 it would tick the No Signal error.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Has there been any update from Dahua Engineering on this issue. I don't use a Dahua NVR. I just received my Black IPC-Color4K-T180 turret cam from Andy @ EmpireTech (thanks Andy!!!) and plan to use a Samsung Pro Endurance 256GB SD card to record alerts. FWIW, here's the link to a post I made under the "Camera Installation Questions" Forum.

Thanks in advance!
Sorry for the delay in response (see my status update for background there) but in answer to your question, a) YES I highly recommend Samsung Pro Endurance, did a test on multiple SD cards a year or so back and they are my preferred that I use in personal and deployment purposes, b) the E-PTZ issue IS still present BUT YMMV depending on feature and load the camera is processing / under strain of at the time. As I mentioned this is more processing/performance related but I've replicated it multiple times and did send a chaser to Dahua dev this week. Still a great camera, I highly recommend the turret version (as I stated, really no benefit of bullet cam over turret due to number of illuminators and overall performance) and don't let the E-PTZ thing bother you as it WILL get fixed fully.

f13dfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A SPECIAL THANKS to @wittaj & @Wildcat_1 for their answers & recommendations! Grabbed myself a Lenovo Tiny M920x ThinkCentre w/Intel Core i5-8500, 8GB RAM, 256GB NVMe SSD w/Windows 11 Pro for $235 off eBay. All cameras running smoothly including new Dahua IPC-Color4K-T180 Black turret! BI processor occupancy averaging 18% with PC running cool & quiet.

Now, I’ll have to do more research on how I can customize video settings to minimize motion blur (when capturing people’s faces) with the T180. Currently running “Self-Adaptive” mode with everything on default settings. Just wished I could have kept my Mini-PTZ up. Would have been a great combo, BUT “Happy Wife! Happy Life!” as they say!

HAPPY FATHER’S DAY to All!!!

Last edited:

tmxv4128

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am attempting to set up motion detection for a Dahua IPC-Color4K-T180, but I have run into a difficulty. Hoping someone can assist me. My main computer is a Mac, but for several of my cameras (like my PTZ's) I use a PC with the Edge browser in IE mode or Chrome using the IE Tab. Here's my problem, if I try to set the area of detection for motion detection on this T180 camera using the PC, the image appears, but I cannot draw any of the detection area in. As mentioned, I have tried Edge in IE mode, Chrome with the IE tab, and the Dahua Config tool. Since that hasn't been working, I switched over to my Macintosh and using the Chrome browser, I can successfully draw in the motion detection area (see attached picture), but I cannot enlarge the window by double-clicking. Any suggestions? Thanks!

motion_detection_area.jpg

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am attempting to set up motion detection for a Dahua IPC-Color4K-T180, but I have run into a difficulty. Hoping someone can assist me. My main computer is a Mac, but for several of my cameras (like my PTZ's) I use a PC with the Edge browser in IE mode or Chrome using the IE Tab. Here's my problem, if I try to set the area of detection for motion detection on this T180 camera using the PC, the image appears, but I cannot draw any of the detection area in. As mentioned, I have tried Edge in IE mode, Chrome with the IE tab, and the Dahua Config tool. Since that hasn't been working, I switched over to my Macintosh and using the Chrome browser, I can successfully draw in the motion detection area (see attached picture), but I cannot enlarge the window by double-clicking. Any suggestions? Thanks!

View attachment 165740
You won't like the answer LOL, but read thru this thread and the other cameras using this new GUI and you will find, that yes it works best with Internet Explorer, not Edge with IE mode or Chrome with IE tab...

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
So far I’m using Edge and/or Edge with IE mode on the three I have in V5. The only thing I’ve run up against that seems to be hit or miss us drawing a Tripwire with more than 2 lines.
Win11

tmxv4128

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You won't like the answer LOL, but read thru this thread and the other cameras using this new GUI and you will find, that yes it works best with Internet Explorer, not Edge with IE mode or Chrome with IE tab...
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I did read through the thread multiple times and did several searches to seek a solution, but unfortunately not any success. I am primarily a Mac user who bought a PC with Windows 10 and installed windows on another Mac with BootCamp so I could configure my 49225XA-HNR PTZ's. That worked well and no problems until this new GUI and camera combo. I read several threads about how to find and open IE, after an update had disabled it. If I double-click to open Internet Explorer now, it keeps defaulting to Edge in IE mode. Is there a way to open Internet Explorer directly without having to go through Edge? I would think that would solve my problems, but being a Mac user, I have no clue how to do that.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I did read through the thread multiple times and did several searches to seek a solution, but unfortunately not any success. I am primarily a Mac user who bought a PC with Windows 10 and installed windows on another Mac with BootCamp so I could configure my 49225XA-HNR PTZ's. That worked well and no problems until this new GUI and camera combo. I read several threads about how to find and open IE, after an update had disabled it. If I double-click to open Internet Explorer now, it keeps defaulting to Edge in IE mode. Is there a way to open Internet Explorer directly without having to go through Edge? I would think that would solve my problems, but being a Mac user, I have no clue how to do that.
The simple way is to change the BHO folder to another name like oldBHO and BAM Explorer is back...and this thread also shows other ways...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\110.0.1614.65\ (the last set of numbers will probably be different)

Then change BHO to oldBHO or something else and Explorer will open

Looks Like Internet Explorer Died Today

Or this way:

Trouble with new DS-2CD3B86G2T-IZHSY -missing part of menu