Worlds First Review - Dahua - IPC-Color4K-X / DH-IPC-HFW5849T1-ASE-LED - Full Color 4K Camera

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I can't even buy a new Ubiquiti 24-Port PoE Switch! Damn! :mad: This is Bullsh!t. Ironically, some of the networking stuff I purchased this year was assembled in Vietnam instead of China. That's some progress :rofl: :lmao:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Speaking of switches, what is the wattage draw on this Cam? Also what is the wattage draw on the 5445 Turret (fixed or varifocal)? Also looking at switches for some one.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Is there an ETA when 6mm will be available? Might remove the 1/1.8" 4K Varifocal and install this one instead :D

The first 10pcs can be ready to sell now, stock ready at dahua on 29th, so can ship all orders at early Aug.
2.8MM can be ready around 15days later, the 6mm need around 4 weeks, badly lack of chips.
Thanks for all guys support here!

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Do please keep me informed, will purchase the 6mm one when it becomes available :)
yeah.. i am waiting for varifocal fullcolor 2.0 and dual lense to order, so i didnt waste money on 6-year promotion...
but now i see prices are rising day by day, maybe bad decision :D

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
yeah.. i am waiting for varifocal fullcolor 2.0 and dual lense to order, so i didnt waste money on 6-year promotion...
Depends if they will even be released in the near future. That chip shortage doesn't sound like its exaggerated. I can't even buy another Ubiquiti PoE switch in the interim.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Depends if they will even be released in the near future. That chip shortage doesn't sound like its exaggerated. I can't even buy another Ubiquiti PoE switch in the interim.

mecham56

n3wb
Reaction score
You will have to pardon my naivety, this camera looks awesome and something that I would look for in my new house that I mentioned earlier this year. I can't see anything about IR for night vision, so I'm guessing that this camera doesn't have "night vision" in the IR sense and depends on the 4 LEDs on the camera. If I have 10 of these cameras around the house, one of my concerns is having the LEDs on all the time. How bright are these LEDs? Would the neighbors complain about how bright they are from 9:00pm to 6:00am? Will the camera function without them on? I think that's my primary question. I'd rather not have two different types of cameras in the same location for every spot I have cameras. Daytime looks awesome!

Any guidance on the above would be lovely. Thanks, everyone.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You will have to pardon my naivety, this camera looks awesome and something that I would look for in my new house that I mentioned earlier this year. I can't see anything about IR for night vision, so I'm guessing that this camera doesn't have "night vision" in the IR sense and depends on the 4 LEDs on the camera. If I have 10 of these cameras around the house, one of my concerns is having the LEDs on all the time. How bright are these LEDs? Would the neighbors complain about how bright they are from 9:00pm to 6:00am? Will the camera function without them on? I think that's my primary question. I'd rather not have two different types of cameras in the same location for every spot I have cameras. Daytime looks awesome!

Any guidance on the above would be lovely. Thanks, everyone.
All cameras need light, simple physics. See my post below with pics without any light.

This camera does not see IR, so it needs either the LED or ambient light. But with a little bit of light, it does extremely well.

The LED on this is less than other full color cameras I have. If they are angled more down than out, they could pass as accent lighting on the house to the casual observer. But if they are pointed out, then yeah you could have neighbors complain, but I can tell you the light from these is far less than any floodlight you would install.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Heck, now that I think of the practical use of this model, I would wait for the varifocal version as well :rofl:

mecham56

n3wb
Reaction score
So, is there a camera similar to this one that has IR for night time viewing built into it that can automatically switch between the two? The example I'm currently using is a Nest camera. It seems to have decent night vision for my use case.

All cameras need light, simple physics. See my post below with pics without any light.

This camera does not see IR, so it needs either the LED or ambient light. But with a little bit of light, it does extremely well.

The LED on this is less than other full color cameras I have. If they are angled more down than out, they could pass as accent lighting on the house to the casual observer. But if they are pointed out, then yeah you could have neighbors complain, but I can tell you the light from these is far less than any floodlight you would install.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So, is there a camera similar to this one that has IR for night time viewing built into it that can automatically switch between the two? The example I'm currently using is a Nest camera. It seems to have decent night vision for my use case.
Comparing this camera and a Nest are like comparing a Ford Pinto with a Ferrari LOL.

Almost every other camera except for those labeled as a Full Color type camera will come with IR that will kick in when it gets dark enough.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd strongly suggest you order a Dahua 5442T-ASE or 5442T-ZE and compare it to your Nest. While the Nest may have a nice static image as soon as motion starts you'll see blurring. A properly tuned, adjusted, quality camera will eliminate all of that. Nest, and most others like it, don't allow adjustments like exposure, exposure compensation, gain, highlight/backlight control and a whole list of others critical to high quality night time video with blur free motion.