Worlds First Review - Dahua - IPC-Color4K-X / DH-IPC-HFW5849T1-ASE-LED - Full Color 4K Camera

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
those toggle bolts will hold up a flat screen TV on drywall. u would be good with using 1 in the middle of the box, and to hold up the cameara. They will work fine with your 1/4 soffit
My only concern with these is they state they start at 3/8 thick, trying to find one for 1/4 I am going to go look at these at a local hardware store to see if I am missing something.

I may just try screws at first instead of drilling a 1/2 hole for these toggles...

Thanks everyone...

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
My only concern with these is they state they start at 3/8 thick, trying to find one for 1/4 I am going to go look at these at a local hardware store to see if I am missing something.

I may just try screws at first instead of drilling a 1/2 hole for these toggles...

Thanks everyone...

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
You could also use Molly bolts. Those plastic anchors are meant for sheetrock/concrete, not 1/4" composites. Four Molly's or toggle bolts and you could hang off of the camera as long as th soffit was properly installed.
if you use the the right ones , they are

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I ended up using some 3/16 x 1 1/4 inch Tapcon screws. They seemed to do the trick even with only 1/4 board the threads are holding on to. Guess their jagged edge threads is what make these screws to special. I have used these a lot in all types of concrete.

1633719383523.png

1633719552985.jpeg

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@David L just dont use command strips ;)
I ending up silicon chalking the middle cable hole on the PFA130-E Mount, used o ring washers for the mounting screws, I did not have the rubber splicing tape suggested in the Cliff Notes so I used Teflon tape on both ends of the Waterproof Connecter then wrapped electrical tape on top of the Teflon tape so hopefully it will help incase of moisture/humidity.

Sorry, did not mean to go :offtopic:

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Some notes about the 09092021 FW:
First, I must say that the color night view is really exiting.
I could expect to see only the near area where the leds are pointing but it's getting the light from every source and I can even see the blue sky. Really nice.

I'm currently using NVR (5216-16P-I) with 6X5442 cams and 2X5849 connected to it. I do not have currently POE switch to test or connect directly so keep it in mind

- First, the biggest problem I'm having: I own two 5849 cams. One of them had disconnecting episodes few times. When I restart my NVR (and/or in a weekly scheduled restart), one of them would make connectivity problems.
Some times the NVR would not auto-discover that cam, other times it would be discovered but the status light of the NVR would remain red and I would not have video or connection to the cam in both situations. I'm not sure if deleting all cams several times helped or it's just a matter of waiting long enough but as I was saying, it also lost connection few times spontaneously.
It could be related to that specific cam (only one of the cams is doing it) or to the fact that the "problematic" cam is connected to port #1 of the NVR. it's unlikely the settings because I did do factory defaults few times with no better results.
As I was saying, Im connected to NVR and I have on way to direct connect to the cams (the NVR uses subnet) so when I do not have green status, there is no way to connect to the cam...
  • For some reason, the colors do not look real. something is very instance there. especially the yellow light.
  • The image I'm getting is leggy. I'm not sure if it's only the NTSC FPS bug that @Wildcat_1 was reporting about or even more than that. It loos like the playback is even more problematic than live view.
  • The sound also give the indication of the the broken playback. you can see people walking and then jump to another position. Cars would drive in the street and vanish. => the video is not smooth and I'm loosing frames.
Again, I tend to think of it as something that related to the NTFS FPS but I did notice that with some settings it's less noticeable,
  • I did notice a very long delay in live stream. It's not always there (comes and goes). I cannot pinpoint the problem or when it happens or what did I do to get rid of it. I can tell you that I've had even 90 seconds delay.
  • More about the live view: I've also noticed a situation when the camera was fast forwarding to get to the right time. happened when I left the browser on live view and came back to it later on.
Not sure where that cache was saved, but the "live view" was not live at all and the streaming was FF for a long time to get to the current time.
  • Focus: I too have some problems. Not even sure if it's really focus. Some parts of the picture looks good while others looks like it was taken with SD camera and zoom in. Much cheaper 4k vodeo cameras I was already using years ago were way more sharp and I could really zoom in and keep a good image.
  • IVS: in the beginning when I was testing the new cam on the bench, not only it wouldn't detect me, it would detect my dog and only my dog. After mounting the cams, it looks like for unknown reason it was working better. Currently, it sure works better than the 2021 FW of the 5442 there are however some glitches. My sister uses the model for a longer period of time. She reported lots of events of her big dog and neighborhood cats.
Sun and reflection: my two 5849 cams replaced two 5442T-ZE turret cams. The turret cams were there for about a year and I do not remember such problems....
The two cams are pointing to the east and west side. One would have strong reflections on the morning and the other one during evening. it lasts more than two hours.
I honestly cannot explain why the turret cams didn't suffer from such a strong reflection but I can say that the top cap or the 5849 cam is not adjustable and I cannot move it back and forth to find a better position that would block the direct sun.

And again, some of the problems might be related to the new FW with my NVR.

** hope it was clear enough cause I was more focused on trying to remember all issues then making sure it was clear enough.

kobebeef

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Some notes about the 09092021 FW:
First, I must say that the color night view is really exiting.
I could expect to see only the near area where the leds are pointing but it's getting the light from every source and I can even see the blue sky. Really nice.
NVR5216-16P-I can detect line quality.
If the NVR cannot obtain IPCAM, the line quality may be poor.
Enter the POE setting, turn on the signal increase mode, and try reducing 100M to 10M
Or change the network route to AWG23

Regarding the unnatural yellow light display, try to use custom area white balance instead.
The best firmware version of HFW5849T1 is V2.840.0000000.2.R.210709
V2.840.15OG002.0.R.210908 When I use the camera for a long time, the connection will be dropped from time to time.
Flash back to the old version V2.840.0000000.2.R.210709 and everything is normal.
As for the playback freeze, it is because the NVR's real-time decoding speed is not fast enough.
If you try to export to MP4 and then play, there will be no lag problem.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Be careful with 07/09 as this is not as stable as 6/11 as I mentioned before due to underlying issues already reported. 09/08 is an improvement over 6/11 & 07/09 BUT not perfect, a few bugs still outstanding as i mentioned.

I’ve not had any dropped connections on 09/08 in over 3 weeks of uptime. If you’re seeing physical connection drops try and fault isolate back to POE starting with the switch or NVR. If using managed switches then you can check the logs around the time you see the issue.
HTH

kobebeef

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Be careful with 07/09 as this is not as stable as 6/11 as I mentioned before due to underlying issues already reported. 09/08 is an improvement over 6/11 & 07/09 BUT not perfect, a few bugs still outstanding as i mentioned.

I’ve not had any dropped connections on 09/08 in over 3 weeks of uptime. If you’re seeing physical connection drops try and fault isolate back to POE starting with the switch or NVR. If using managed switches then you can check the logs around the time you see the issue.
HTH
I encountered FW 09/08 using smart coding + VBR (Bast 6), when the static the stream code value is abnormally high.
Flashing back to FW 07/09, using smart coding + VBR (Bast 6), the stream code value is reduced a lot.
Streaming code value of 4000kb/s can be reduced to 1000kb/s
Maybe it was caused by the fact that I did not initialize the firmware after updating it.
a3.jpg

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
  • @ArnonZ Thanks for your shareing.
  • Some notes about the 09092021 FW:------This model never have 20210909, we use the 20210908 for this 4K right now, please try not use 5442 series FW for this cam. I will use another name later for the FW for the 4K one.

• For some reason, the colors do not look real. something is very instance there. especially the yellow light.---------The full color still need some AI algorithm to make the pic has the best quality, so the pic can't say a real one, tech is going better and better, maybe one day we can produce some real color cams. Hikvision colorvu same too.

• The image I'm getting is leggy. I'm not sure if it's only the NTSC FPS bug that @Wildcat_1 was reporting about or even more than that. It loos like the playback is even more problematic than live view.-----I checked this with @wopi82 , he said he haven't find this issue. I am still check with @Wildcat_1 for a DAV file for analysing, if you can send me a DAV file, i can send to dahua to test with their special tools to find if the camera's problem or not. Will sort this out this month if it's a bug.
  • The sound also give the indication of the the broken playback. you can see people walking and then jump to another position. Cars would drive in the street and vanish. => the video is not smooth and I'm loosing frames.-------Check the cables and this looks like not real camera's hardware issue, Plus how you are encoding audio and at what level can send me DAV file to analysis. The NVR decoding capacity also will limite the smoothly playing.

Last edited:

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
I encountered FW 09/08 using smart coding + VBR (Bast 6), when the static the stream code value is abnormally high.
Flashing back to FW 07/09, using smart coding + VBR (Bast 6), the stream code value is reduced a lot.
Streaming code value of 4000kb/s can be reduced to 1000kb/s
Maybe it was caused by the fact that I did not initialize the firmware after updating it.
View attachment 104393
Definitely try the initializing, yes and see if that helps. I don’t see this issue on 09/08 on 2x 5849 cams so being able to isolate in your config would be good.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@ArnonZ as I mentioned, I definitely see an issue in reduced and padded frames per the video I shared and have already reported this but this is literally a frame or 2 as I showed. In your case it sounds like you’re stating you’re missing seconds at a time in which case this would seem to point to config or connection and definitely would start with fault isolating there first. If possible putting an SD card in camera and comparing.

Then also looking at throughput across your LAN and whether you are either dropping packets from cam to NVR OR if you have a segmented LAN (cascaded switches, firewall between VLANS etc) then potential issues in that config.

On the color, definitely look at dialing in the white balance as I show in my videos. The WB improved in 09/08 but I still find tweaking manually gives the best image overall as I’ve helped others with here too.
HTH

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thank you guys for everything.
First of all @EMPIRETECANDY : the 09092021 was just a typo. I meant of course 08092021....
All of the FW I've ever used came from you. You gave me the 08092021 for the 5849 and the 28082021 for the 5442 the same day.
@kobebeef : that was a very helpful info. all of it.
I'm using CAT7 cables for all of my cams with 23 AWG. I had no problems for about a year when they all occupied the 5442 cams. everything was running smooth. I cannot blame the cabling.
The camera that is causing problem is actually the closest to my NVR. No more than 7 meters... it cannot be the cable.
However, one important thing I forgot to mention before was that the big difference I found with that particular cam comparing to all 7 others was that the link quality is 0 and the rate is 100(Mbs) - other cams are 1 and 10.
I was looking for a way to reduce the rate of that cam to 10 and didn't find the way to do so ..... the Enhancement mode is already ON for all cams - otherwise, I would probably not have a chance to get video stream on that cam.

As for the white balance, indeed improve. I'll have to play with it some more but it already looks like it can get close enough to perfect. I probably missed that advise before.
And as for the best FW for that cam, I only got confused. Maybe I've better wait for the next FW for both models (5849 and 5442).

@Wildcat_1 , Thanks. I do not loose 1 sec. 1 second is really a lot. If it was 2 frames/sec that I'm loosing, it'll make sense cause a slow moving car would be able to "jump" few meters ahead within two frames.
The voice effect is related: the "pause" I was describing for the video is also very clear in the sound.
** My second 5849 cam is mounted at the backyard so if the same effect does exist, it would be harder to notice it. I really don't know, could be that everything is related to the 100Mbs that @kobebeef was talking about.
Currently, I cannot see the teleporting effect any more (I used to see the cars teleporting to few meters ahead before). In most cases the moving cars would pause for a sort time every second and then do FF to the right location.
Could be that the change I'm seeing is due to some change of settings.

The unclear picture in some of the area really bothers. I can see some of the free leafs clear and sharp while others, on the same tree would appear completely blured.
I guess that my next move would be to change the POE rate to 10Mbs but I'm not sure how to do it. Looks like it may solve many of the problems I'm seeing.