Would you recommend the DS-2CD2142FWD-I ?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It has the same sensor. It's virtually the same quality wise. Compared to the crap people are peddling here it's like comparing BMW and Audi, when they have Fiats.

P.S. Would not buy that from eBay. You're only getting a 6-month warranty, doesn't matter what the seller says, they are lying - it's grey imported.

matt

n3wb
Reaction score
Dome's can give u IR bleed at night. And as a few others have posted on this forum, if they are in direct sunlight, the domes that cover are subject to degradation.

Have you considered the 4mm, 4MP HikVis turrets (DS-2CD2342FWD-I)? I have two so far and I love them. They are the EXIR model and although I have nothing to compare them to, they both work great for what I need them to do. I'm still tinkering with settings here and there (going slow due to work schedule) but you can adjust a lot to get a good picture.

They are a little more expensive on Amazon right now but if you keep an eye on them I'm sure the price will drop. I ordered mine about 2 1/2 weeks ago and they were $114 a piece and were the US versions, not Chinese which is a better deal.

Is that model number right ? DS-2CD2342FWD-I the letter F seems wrong according to my search..Thanks

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Clicky-click -> here DS-2CD2342WD-I is the right model. I copied and pasted it wrong sorry. Plenty of videos on there, mine are about the same as them, a little better cos I've tweaked them rather than just plugged in and left everything standard but you should be expecting that.

matt

n3wb
Reaction score
Clicky-click -> here DS-2CD2342WD-I is the right model. I copied and pasted it wrong sorry. Plenty of videos on there, mine are about the same as them, a little better cos I've tweaked them rather than just plugged in and left everything standard but you should be expecting that.

Thanks, much appreciated. Found a seller on ebay Northern security co. who replies quick and been in contact these 2 days. Seems pretty decent seller and offers 2 years warranty, they also have the NVR which might be suitable for me.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4K-UHD-H-265-8CH-8POE-12MP-HIKVISION-DS-7608NI-i2-8P-NVR-80MB-VCA-ONVIF-UK-MODEL-/262240477440?hash=item3d0ec02100:g:6awAAOSwuYVWmEyk

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks, much appreciated. Found a seller on ebay Northern security co. who replies quick and been in contact these 2 days. Seems pretty decent seller and offers 2 years warranty, they also have the NVR which might be suitable for me.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4K-UHD-H-265-8CH-8POE-12MP-HIKVISION-DS-7608NI-i2-8P-NVR-80MB-VCA-ONVIF-UK-MODEL-/262240477440?hash=item3d0ec02100:g:6awAAOSwuYVWmEyk
Warranty not worth the paper it's written on, same for most eBay Hikvision sellers. In their small print it says no manufacturer warranty. Seeing as a warranty is something given by a manufacturer then that 2 years lip-service is worth nothing in the UK or EU. (USA might be different)

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

matt

n3wb
Reaction score
Warranty not worth the paper it's written on, same for most eBay Hikvision sellers. In their small print it says no manufacturer warranty. Seeing as a warranty is something given by a manufacturer then that 2 years lip-service is worth nothing in the UK or EU. (USA might be different)
Thanks will try to clarify that with seller. What's your thoughts about the NVR model? Cheers and good night!

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
DS-7608NI-I2/8P is the best one. Get that and some 4MP cameras and you'll be able to add higher MP cameras when they come out in the future. If you want to save some money then get a DS-7608NI-E2/8P, it's fine for 4MP cameras and most needs but not super-users.

Don't trust any seller selling grey-imports on eBay, trust me I've made that mistake before. If they were shipping from China then different story, you're getting a discount and you know you are only getting a few months warranty. Here you're paying top price and getting nowt.

matt

n3wb
Reaction score
DS-7608NI-I2/8P is the best one. Get that and some 4MP cameras and you'll be able to add higher MP cameras when they come out in the future. If you want to save some money then get a DS-7608NI-E2/8P, it's fine for 4MP cameras and most needs but not super-users.

Don't trust any seller selling grey-imports on eBay, trust me I've made that mistake before. If they were shipping from China then different story, you're getting a discount and you know you are only getting a few months warranty. Here you're paying top price and getting nowt.

Thanks for your advice. So you'd recommend the website you linked earlier? Price was about 10 pound higher than ebay (119 vs 129)

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for your advice. So you'd recommend the website you linked earlier? Price was about 10 pound higher than ebay (119 vs 129)
Used them before (OK a lot!) and have been happy. Get a quote and see. For £10 get a warranty and correct products knowing they work etc. Buy once, buy right. But is your money and your choice.

I only recommend eBay for those importing from China and not using Aliexpress.

matt

n3wb
Reaction score
Used them before (OK a lot!) and have been happy. Get a quote and see. For £10 get a warranty and correct products knowing they work etc. Buy once, buy right. But is your money and your choice.

I only recommend eBay for those importing from China and not using Aliexpress.
Exactly, correct. That's what I did. Thanks a lot for your kind help as I widened my knowledge on this subject for sure, good day!

pedrokv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I bought Hik's NVR locally via friend (good price), cams I buy on Aliexpress, but the english upgradeable version. If you find good seller, then no problem.
I also decided not to buy POE NVR, but standard (1xGLAN) and to buy 8port gigabit POE switch(es) on Ali. I think it is cheaper, you can power also another devices and when NVR dies, you have cams still working.

matt

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought Hik's NVR locally via friend (good price), cams I buy on Aliexpress, but the english upgradeable version. If you find good seller, then no problem.

If I may ask, how much did you pay and which model? I'm planning to visit Czech in December :)

matt

n3wb
Reaction score

I was just ordering the NVR and noticed on the datasheet that the DS 7608NI-E2/8P does not support 4mp only 4 channels at 1080p.
Do you suggest buying the 7608NI-I2/8P? or it's not worth the extra money for that reason only?

Thanks in advance

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If order 8 Channel at least. Always better to have open channels in case you add more cameras

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh ok, the way I read it I thought U were asking about only 4 channels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was just ordering the NVR and noticed on the datasheet that the DS 7608NI-E2/8P does not support 4mp only 4 channels at 1080p.
Do you suggest buying the 7608NI-I2/8P? or it's not worth the extra money for that reason only?

Thanks in advance
DS-7608NI-E2/8P supports 8x 4MP cameras no problem. I've written this so many times, I blame Hikvision for not being clearer.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score

Thanks in advance
With I2/8P it was recently discovered that it has less ram then I2/16P and upgrades to new firmware were not recommended by Hikvision.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
With I2/8P it was recently discovered that it has less ram then I2/16P and upgrades to new firmware were not recommended by Hikvision.
That's been fixed for the 7608NI-I2 with the 3.4.82 firmware revision where they have changed the RAM allocation boundary between the CPU and the DSP, which they got a bit wrong first time round.