Hi,Sorry for the wall of text. If you don’t want to read my setup I do have some questions at the bottom.
I have had fun with setting up this camera, but am having some frustrations. I have ordered a second one to see if it fixes the complaints I have at the bottom.
First, here is my setup. It is easy to do and accomplishes most of what I want (alerts, integration and removing annoyances) when the camera works. It does require opening the doorbell to disconnect the speaker, to avoid the annoying sounds without blocking the WAN.
1. I wanted it tied to my mechanical chime, and also to create an alert in Home Assistant when the button is pushed.
2. I purchased this for $11 shipped. It has been mentioned earlier in the thread. Provide it power and it gives 2 independent channels and relays that can be triggered. As mentioned, select dip 5.
3. I linked both channels to the doorbell button. I like that the "ding-dong” length is dependent on how long the button is held.
4. On the second channel I connected an Insteon door open/close sensor to the contacts. Any sensor that provides for dry contacts will work. I get an alert when the button is pushed. I can have it send me an email and create automations in Home Assistant, Node Red, Tasker.
5. For fun I linked the RF signal to Bond which allows me to ring the chime whenever I want to mess with the kids. haha
6. As others have noted, the doorbell loses its time, if blocked from the internet, which is unacceptable to me. I do not care if the Chinese can see my front doorstep, so I allowed it through the WAN. What I could not tolerate was the ringing sound the doorbell makes. My mechanical chime can be heard at the front do so the sounds the doorbell makes sound odd. My easy solution is to disconnect the speaker internally. It is connected with a plug, so it can always be reconnected. With the speaker disconnected the visitor can hear my mechanical chime when the button is pushed. Of course you lose the ability to talk back to the doorbell, but I did not care about that.
Want to do:
Integrate with Telegram via Node Red. It is very easy to send snapshots and video through Telegram to my phone from other cameras. I have not been able to do that reliably. To do this I need to have access to a snapshot url and ideally local files, which it does not have. Tinycam has this ability (record on motion and snapshot send via telegram and upload video) but it does not work with this camera because of it's constant instability.
Are those of you using Blue Iris able to use the snapshot function reliably? Record 24/7 reliably or is this a problem with my camera/tinycam?
Not to like:
SUPER FLAKY ETHERNET CONNECTION!-. This thing is super flaky and I cannot troubleshoot the problem. And to address those that might say I messed something up when I opened it- well that was actually the reason I opened it. When it is connected VLC is relatively stable. The problem is that after having it set up in my home for testing, for a week, it now does not stay connected for more than 24 hours. I have tried different power supplies, ethernet cables, long, short, next to the router, tested my cables, hooked up other devices to the same cables, moved it, wiggled it, rebooted, reset... I can’t even figure out why is disconnects. When it does it is completely invisible on my network (it has a static IP). Can’t be pinged but blue light shines out the back, so it is powered. I have disassembled it and retightened the connections. Then randomly I will plug it in and after 13 seconds hear a “click-click” and it will work. For a while…
-No snapshot url. This is frustrating. Having this would really simplify things. I do not have Blue Iris (I have tinycam pro). I believe this is possible in Home Assistant but the camera is not staying connected.
-CMS client- this is junk. I can’t even get it to allow me to see files on the memory card. I always get a “password error.” Even though I have reset my password and tried other things.
-IPC Test Tool- I can’t even get this to install. OK, I rebooted my computer and it works. Interface appears to be in Chinese.
-Local files- Since the CMS client won’t work then how do I access the files? I can open the Yoosee app on android and individually download them but there is no desktop access.
No browser interface. uhg
Tinycam pro does not stay connected for more than 10-15 minutes. I have not contacted the developer yet because I feel like the problem is related to the camera. VLC does stay connected… until the camera decides to drop off the network after 4 hours.
Any suggestions? Do I have a defective camera?
I bought this unit, thanks again polaris .Bought this doorbell, but never came to using it, so I am selling one in EU WTS - [EU] YooSee SD-M5 doorbell: 1080p, PoE, RTSP