You guys agree with this guy?

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
never heard that dahua uses anti spider IR leds.. but ok
to my naked eye, the LEDs on the Reolinks are visibly much brighter than those on either the Dahua or Hikvision turrets I have. I chase far more spiderwebs off the Reolinks than the others.

I guess i didn't word it strongly enough, I was trying to say, the Reolinks pretty much suck at night, but they are OK in the day.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
to my naked eye, the LEDs on the Reolinks are visibly much brighter than those on either the Dahua or Hikvision turrets I have.
Something tells me The Hook Up fails to mention energy efficiency and long term costs.

(Without looking at the data sheet) I think the Reolink's draw a bit more power and more monies on power in the long term.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI - I have updated the DORI section of the cliff notes

special thanks to @KenAllen15 for catching the error / miscommunication.

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
...fails to mention energy efficiency and long term costs....
thats something I've not tried to quantify yet

My home office draws around 250-300 watts most of the time, feeding
  • SmartUPS 1200 UPS that powers...
    • always on main PC desktop
    • 2 IPS 1920x1200 24" montors for desktop, on when I'm using it
    • several network switches
    • HP MicroServer truenas box (20TB usable)
    • PoE switch running 3 PoE cameras, plus a Unifi U6-LR
    • HP EliteDesk Mini 800 G2 based NVR
    • 24" wall mount monitor for NVR, always-on
    • bunch of USB chargers. desktop sound.
    • stuff I'm probably forgetting.
The main router, switch, and cable modem are in a different room because (reasons) and are on their own consumer 600W UPS that has a newish battery.

ok, cool, I have a power monitor on the router/switch/modem, they draw 40-60 watts combined. The SB cable modem gets way warm so probably draws 4X what my 7-9 watt APU2 draws. then there's a 24 port gigE HP switch, and a POE injector for another Unifi U6

Last edited:

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
thats something I've not tried to quantify yet

My home office draws around 250-300 watts most of the time, feeding
  • SmartUPS 1200 UPS that powers...
    • always on main PC desktop
    • 2 IPS 1920x1200 24" montors for desktop, on when I'm using it
    • several network switches
    • HP MicroServer truenas box (20TB usable)
    • PoE switch running 3 PoE cameras, plus a Unifi U6-LR
    • HP EliteDesk Mini 800 G2 based NVR
    • 24" wall mount monitor for NVR, always-on
    • bunch of USB chargers. desktop sound.
    • stuff I'm probably forgetting.
The main router, switch, and cable modem are in a different room because (reasons) and are on their own consumer 600W UPS that has a newish battery.

ok, cool, I have a power monitor on the router/switch/modem, they draw 40-60 watts combined. The SB cable modem gets way warm so probably draws 4X what my 7-9 watt APU2 draws. then there's a 24 port gigE HP switch, and a POE injector for another Unifi U6
if I were to compare about energy efficiency I'd probably just compare a similar spec Reolink and 4 cameras to similar from Hik/Dahua.

We're nerds here with a bit more than the average home owner. :)

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
if I were to compare about energy efficiency I'd probably just compare a similar spec Reolink and 4 cameras to similar from Hik/Dahua.

We're nerds here with a bit more than the average home owner. :)

yeah. I have a couple UB mFi Power plugs. they discontiuneed the whole mFI product line, but it was power management. I have, I think, 3 of the single plugs. one runs the hot water recirculator pump in the garage, and a macro in their mFI controller program shuts it off if its been on for an hour. we turn it on with our phones. i had a button that was wired to an mData module, with a LED but that broke. (push the big button to turn on the shower recirc pump for an hour).

these plugs not only let you turn them on and off via macros and stuff, but the management software tracks and graphs power consumption.

we need the recirc pump because its like 100 feet from the garage to the bathrooms in bedroom end, and if you just turn on the shower you waste a LOT of water.
and we're in a drought, but if that pump runs for even 5 minutes, its almost instant hot water.

we can't run the pump all the time, because the recirculating hot water ends up heating up the cold water pipes that are nearby, even if everything is insulated.

Last edited:

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't have any comments, although I am a bit surprised by the Duo cameras night video [7:04].
Please enjoy this video lovely introduction and cringe with joy.

While the next video shows Reolink's "continuous innovation" in quality.
"Was not setup". Video quality is laughable.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah but he has a cool test stand!
Here is his " about" on his Youtube channel:

Description
Tutorials, tech, and more!
SpaceRex content is pretty much focused on whatever I am interested in!
Generally servers and high speed networking.
Need personal help with your setup?
You can setup a 1:1 session here: Hire Me - SpaceRex
Want to become a channel member? Want to get in touch? [Email on 'contact' form bellow]
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
FOR COMPANIES WITH PRODUCTS ======================================== Reviews: I am always interested in reviewing new products, get in touch below. A review is my unbiased opinion, if you send me a product for review I will give my honest opinion in my own format.
Sponsorship: If you are interested in sponsoring a video get in touch below for rates.
I will clearly state the video is sponsored. Sponsored videos will also not be in a review format, but rather a product demonstration.

Last edited:

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sure what is more sad. Using synology and paying alot of money for any camera license and have no extra functions just watch and record on your nas (wow)

or

paying the license for reolink cameras which are NOT compatible (they suffer the same as on blueiris)

All these videos are the same because new generation human .. libtards. They can only copy from others. There are no new information or any improvement. They just make a video about topics which are mostly available in any forum for 20 years. Their libtard friends to not use any forums so they need this videos.

Forum is boomer world. Video & reddit & discord is libtards world. Anytime i read on reddit i get headache. no discussion, no critics , nothing. everyone just agree no matter how stupid.

This guy uploaded a video with less information than my cat poo. He only says reolink is great, good and anyone on internet forums (? reddit??) agree with him. Why did he even uploades it ? Is this now a review in libtard world?

Maybe the "guy" is hookups gender-fluid sister.. who knows

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So let's ban Toyota for supplying Hilux trucks to Jihadists around the world?

Indeed! Hilux .. boycott those suppliers to the Jihadists ..

oh, not just Hilux trucks .. ok .. let's check .. OH I see another ..

Time to boycott Mark 1 plumbing!

Can't believe it! .. gotta ban and boycott .. oh.. what? .. Texas plumber suing "the AutoNation Ford Gulf dealership over negligence, fraud, libel per se and invasion of privacy after the dealership resold the truck without removing the decal." .. man sorry, asking people to boycott the wrong people.. Boycott AutoNation!!!! There .. yes, Boycott AutoNation!! that's it .. wait .. Ford . yes Boycott Ford! .. wait .. USA gave Taliban $83 Billion of arms .. umm .. OK Boycott Amerika!!!!

There .. that's it .. boycott Amerika.. ummm .. gez .. wait .. Netflix showed a disparaging LGBQRMTWTFFUBAR community .. yes, .. let's just boycott Netflix .. ok .. yeah .. that's it .. and ..

1635352274589.png

1635352386783.png

1635352438820.png