Zmodo outdoor wireless cameras

mjf_1211

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone used the Zmodo outdoor wireless cameras? How did they work out?

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Has anyone used the Zmodo outdoor wireless cameras? How did they work out?
trying not to sound negative but just being honest, you get what you pay for. Reolink, LAView, Nest, Ring, all those economy cameras will give you a quality you're likely to be unhappy with. When it comes to wireless, the network is quickly overwhelmed (if you can achieve keeping them connected) and it's an especially experience if you're using a regular, ISP provided or economy wireless router.

Reaction score
I install what the customer can afford. I have used pretty much every system out there bar none. Just stick with POE and never use wifi. It all depends what you are looking to do with them. The off brands won't last as long but some of them have decent picture quality. We even used a no name Zosi and while it wouldn't be my choice its still up and running almost 3 years later and they are satisfied with it. Its all in what kind of end result you are looking for.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I install what the customer can afford. I have used pretty much every system out there bar none. Just stick with POE and never use wifi. It all depends what you are looking to do with them. The off brands won't last as long but some of them have decent picture quality. We even used a no name Zosi and while it wouldn't be my choice its still up and running almost 3 years later and they are satisfied with it. Its all in what kind of end result you are looking for.
The low-end crap you are installing produces poor images in low light and at night. Most end-users don’t know how easy it is to install the systems and end up with inferior systems because of the mark ups by installers

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your customers don't know what they don't know.

Reaction score
I've installed and designed many axis systems as well. Some people just can't afford the cadillacs and have to settle for something less.
Where I work we are not permitted to install Dahua or Hikvision. I have installed many of these for customers though.