2MP vs 4MP?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Where can i get the build 150812?
150814 is on the website. As a recommendation to a n3wb - I wouldn't put it on unless you know what you are doing! Unless you want a new paperweight.

brewer0131

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having the same flashing Issues... going full white then readjusting constantly. I can't access the 5.3.4 build 150812 from the website newsletter. Please share a link or uploaded if possible. Thank in in advance, this white-out is killing me.

msqr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I switched the setting from 50Hz to 60Hz and 99% of the flashing is gone. Did you guys try that?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm having the same flashing Issues... going full white then readjusting constantly. I can't access the 5.3.4 build 150812 from the website newsletter. Please share a link or uploaded if possible. Thank in in advance, this white-out is killing me.
That's lucky because that firmware is for 4xxx cameras (which the website newsletter says if you take the time to read it). It's amazing how many people get on the fast-road to bricking their cameras.

Do what msqr suggests and try 60Hz. Mine is on 50Hz and I don't have the problem. Not sure why but worth a try.

Dreamboat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Actually that's the same firmware I've uploaded before. It works for sure for the original Hikvision cameras, and fixes the flashing issue (it has been aplied on more than 30 cams with no worries). I wonder why Hikvision still do not release it officially.

There is an issue on 4MP Hik cameras when connected to a Hik NVR. Cameras from time to time goes fully bright for a seconds, then goes back to normal (it seems the camera to fully open its iris). This happens when the NVR synchronizes its parameters with the camera. There is a firmware for 4MP cams which solves that issue, if someone is interested I can upload it somewhere. Hikvision will include that fix in the next official FW release.

Here's the link:
http://www.filedropper.com/ipcr6enstd533blinkissuefixed

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I can't test it yet but mine aren't flashing anyway.

Thanks for uploading. Hopefully others will let us know.

brewer0131

n3wb
Reaction score
I can confirm that the update provided by @hamsoplo and @Dreamboat does indeed fix the flashing problem I was having on my 4mp cams. I have some 2042 bullets and 2342 turrets, all updated perfectly from 5.3.3 150630 build to 5.3.3. build 150812. See my screenshot below for confirmation:

Last edited by a moderator:

rebels23

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I have a English version 4MP model I got from AliExpress a few months ago. It is hooked up to Synology Surveillance station and has been working great for months. Just yesterday I noticed that it just keeps recording no matter what. I've tried resetting to default, re-booting, re-booting my Synology, everything essentially......and it just keeps recording no matter what. I've even updated the firmware to V5.3.3 build 150812, and still no luck. Is this a bad camera possibly? Any ideas? Thanks.

Update11/20/2015:
Nevermind, I figured it out.
'Blue' on recordings footage in Synology Surveillance Station denotes 'Manual Record'. Went into LiveView, hovered over the video stream and a control should appear with a camera icon. Click the icon to Toggle on and off the manual record. Duh....

Last edited by a moderator:

xtropodx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Last post above is over 2 years old.....wondering what users thoughts are now about this ie is 2MPs vs 4MPs for night vision, any different given progress of technology. Or are 2MPs cameras no longer relevant?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Last post above is over 2 years old.....wondering what users thoughts are now about this ie is 2MPs vs 4MPs for night vision, any different given progress of technology. Or are 2MPs cameras no longer relevant?
see dahua starlight threads.

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The night vision quality has nothing to do with the resolution. It's all about the CMOS sensor used and specifically the size of the sensor and the size of each sensor pixel. The greater the sensor size, the better the night vision quality. The HIK 2335 which is 3Mpixels has much higher light sensitivity than any other resolution camera (in the budget series) and the night picture quality is far superior than the older 2332 (3mpixels) or even the 2342(4mpixels) and 2355 (5mpixels) cameras.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The night vision quality has nothing to do with the resolution. It's all about the CMOS sensor used and specifically the size of the sensor and the size of each sensor pixel. The greater the sensor size, the better the night vision quality. The HIK 2335 which is 3Mpixels has much higher light sensitivity than any other resolution camera (in the budget series) and the night picture quality is far superior than the older 2332 (3mpixels) or even the 2342(4mpixels) and 2355 (5mpixels) cameras.
That is simply incorrect..it's sensor size relative to resolution and some other factors... Given the same sensor size an 8 megapixel camera will perform significantly worse than a two megapixel camera.