2nd Amendment thread

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Reaction score
The guy didn't exactly act properly after the fact. He took the money back from the room temp challenge guy, and then picked up the fake gun and throw it across the room.
Then left the scene.
Insuring his scrutiny IMHO.
I had not seen the FULL video before--- he fired 4 rounds and the guy collapses on the floor. THEN-- he walks 5 steps towards the collapsed motionless guy while firing FIVE more rounds-- last while standing over the motionless thief.... I would have to say he F'd up badly....

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep I’m guilty as well of not watching it.
Not that the piece of shit didn’t deserve it, but he crossed a legal boundary that should not be crossed.
As a civilian, You employ lethal force to stop the threat period. Once the threat is nuetralized you must stop employing lethal force.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I had not seen the FULL video before--- he fired 4 rounds and the guy collapses on the floor. THEN-- he walks 5 steps towards the collapsed motionless guy while firing FIVE more rounds-- last while standing over the motionless thief.... I would have to say he F'd up badly....

Thus the reason we can't have nice things.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
It makes no difference how many time he fired, as he DID NOT KNOW if the threat was neutralized. hint; He is not a doctor.
The gun no matter, was presented as real. How does he (shooter) know the threat is over? The perp might turn around and
get rid of witnesses in a hail of bullets.

Bye bye, may God have mercy on that poor soul.

Jim I.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had not seen the video before. To me, those last five shots were murder.

FWIW, this comment negates me from serving on his jury.
You really never know how you would react if you were in that situation. The perp could have been faking being dead and returned fire. In Texas you have a right to use deadly force in that situation. I doubt any charges will be filed. If by chance they are, it's highly unlikely a jury will convict him.

Reaction score
You really never know how you would react if you were in that situation. The perp could have been faking being dead and returned fire. In Texas you have a right to use deadly force in that situation. I doubt any charges will be filed. If by chance they are, it's highly unlikely a jury will convict him.
Sorry, I disagree. The first four shots brought him to the ground. The shooter advanced on him rather than take cover and assess. He fired four more shots into his back and the guy was not moving. He walked around to the guy's head and fired another round in what appears to be the guy's head. So basically he did a mag dump, nine rounds total. The shooter was advancing. This is not going to be classified as justified. If the guy had taken cover after the first four shots, had not advanced and shot four more, and then the point-blank, standing over the guy, head shot, then the shooting would be justified.

Jim I.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sorry, I disagree. The first four shots brought him to the ground. The shooter advanced on him rather than take cover and assess. He fired four more shots into his back and the guy was not moving. He walked around to the guy's head and fired another round in what appears to be the guy's head. So basically he did a mag dump, nine rounds total. The shooter was advancing. This is not going to be classified as justified. If the guy had taken cover after the first four shots, had not advanced and shot four more, and then the point-blank, standing over the guy, head shot, then the shooting would be justified.
I hear you. To be honest I hadn't analyzed the video that closely. But I would bet money the shooter won't do any jail time. We will see!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
But, even if found innocent at trial, his life financially will be in shambles when it's over. How many has a cool half a million or more laying around for his defense. Plus his life will probably be have to be put on hold for 1-3 years or longer while it all gets ironed out. The wheels of justice turn in molasses.