5.2.7.0 - RTSP sub-streams for high-MP cameras

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I never stated it was the VM that caused it to crash. Look in the VM you are running at the event viewer and see what happened. You won't get much support here though using a VM.
I don't expect any "support" for a VM. I was throwing out a report of another issue with BI that this thread seems to be getting hit with running the latest "rock stable" version and the new multi-stream version. That was all I intended. :)

Last edited:

m_listed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't expect any "support" for a VM. I was throwing out a report of another issue with BI that this thread seems to be getting hit with running the latest "rock stable" version and the new multi-stream version. That was all I intended. :)
BI has crashed a few times in the past couple of months, including on 5.2.6.5. It was an out of memory error according to Windows logs. The BI logs say nothing. There seems to be a memory leak in some cases now.

b0bthebuilder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am very happy with version 5.2.7.7 - it has not crashed on me and substreams work as they should, etc - the only improvement on this version I can think of would be using the full streams in BI3 when individual cameras are selected

DarkHelmet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When you solo view a cam in the BI GUI, you are the using the main stream. The overlay will only show up in the sub stream.
but i thought before substreams were a thing that the overlay would show over the main stream when solo

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
but i thought before substreams were a thing that the overlay would show over the main stream when solo
Once you put in a string in the sub stream box, that is what you see in a group view or index view. But when you dbl click on a camera or solo view it, BI will use the main stream which is what the camera is sending as direct to disk. So you won't see any overlays in direct to disk mode. Not sure if that explains it or not :) You can prove that by just removing the sub stream string and your overlay will then work again.

jc74

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you mean you're missing overlays on BI5 itself or UI3? I still have overlays on both, whether I'm looking at group view or a single camera, so I assume it's a setting you'll need to adjust.

Aaaaannnnd...... 5.2.7.10 is out, and I have it installed. No idea what changed, but I'll keep an eye on it.
I updated from 5.2.7.9 to 5.2.7.10 and noticed that my licence code disappeared and it kept plastering evaluation version across my images. If you click the register button, it then fills in your licence key, but still doesn't work. (running as service, but doesn't work running and GUI either)

I reverted back to 5.2.7.9 and it was fine again.

I've just updated to 5.2.7.11 which is out this morning and have same problem as with 5.2.7.10 but have now lost the ability to revert back to 5.2.7.9!

However luckily at this point in time 5.2.7.9 is the latest available version on the blue iris website under udpates

EDIT: The website although says 5.2.7.9, but actually installs 5.2.6.1

I'll stick with 5.2.6.5 for now and leave it a few days/weeks before trying streams again!

Last edited:

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I just went to 5.2.7.11 using the updater built in to BI and it went fine. But I was running 5.2.7.10 ok as well. I should note: I am NOT using sub streams on my main BI system but I am using sub streams on a test system. At this point both are running as expected with no crashes.

Last edited:

andycots

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just gone up to 5.2.7.11, on the camera settings, trigger, motion sensor configure, motion sensor page advanced the use zone and hotspot button is greyed out. i do have a tick in the box and was ok before update.

Cheers

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Just gone up to 5.2.7.11, on the camera settings, trigger, motion sensor configure, motion sensor page advanced the use zone and hotspot button is greyed out. i do have a tick in the box and was ok before update.

Cheers
5.2.7.12 looks fine to me.

ver12.jpg

If your support plan has expired , it looks like you won't be able to update any further than 5.2.7.7 or use the last stable version of 5.2.6.5.

Last edited:

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score

Cheers
Is it running in demo mode?

b0bthebuilder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
5.2.7.12 looks fine to me.

View attachment 61845

If your support plan has expired you it looks like you won't be able to update any further than 5.2.7.7 or use the last stable version of 5.2.6.5.
5.2.7.12 is working OK for me so far

extended support is paid up until the end of the year so no evaluation messages

UI3 still showing substreams when individual cameras selected, not main stream

b0bthebuilder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
5.2.7.12 is working OK for me so far

extended support is paid up until the end of the year so no evaluation messages

UI3 still showing substreams when individual cameras selected, not main stream
....and now rolled back to 5.2.7.7 again as 5.2.7.12 just restarted by itself; it was worth a try though.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
not really, just shows "APPCRASH" and a bunch of codes that mean nothing to me (I dont speak hexadecimal)
LOL me neither, but I always send that data to Ken :) Sometimes it may point to a certain .dll file that he knows where to look anyway.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I’ve been having these app crashes where the service stops but then is restarted for months now so I do t think it’s related to the latest or the version you regressed back to.

Just checked my emails and I emailed support back in 13/01/2020 when the system was running Version: Release 5.0.8.0 x64

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
We all know it can it be just one camera that can crash the app. For me I don't use BI as a service and all my cams are Dahua, which almost always seems to produce good results for me. I'm not saying mine has NEVER crashed through a bad update along the way, but mine will run stable a lot of times when others are having issues. I recently had a issue with one of my new Dahua cameras (DH-SD29204UE-GN). It turned out it likes to run "Intel Beta" as the HA decoder where all my other cameras work fine using "Intel" as decoder. So I am running now 5.2.7.12 and have had no issue for over 18 hrs. But I am not using the sub stream feature for now as I run all 2MP cams and still no main streaming in UI3. I do test with that version running all sub streams on another machine and it runs fine, but I don't run it 24/7.

Main BI system:
mainbiup.jpg

Same cameras running sub streams on test system:

testBI.jpg