5.2.7.0 - RTSP sub-streams for high-MP cameras

b0bthebuilder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, I even went so far as to go in to actual Dhua camera setting and chnage the subsream to substreamn 2 and then use your substream setting but that still did not work?? Thanks, Adam
you could try deleting the camera and starting again, add the ip address and let BI auto-detect it, then add the sub stream (I seem to recall someone else found this to be a solution)

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, I tried everything, just can't get the cameras to work on substream. Thanks, Adam

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks, I tried everything, just can't get the cameras to work on substream. Thanks, Adam
I looked to see if you have an image of your Video tab, but you didn't provide one, so this is a guess. Don't forget to go to the camera's web page and check on sub-stream, if you don't have it checked, it's not going to work...

I'll assume you have a Hik cam based on the stuff you've been posting. I assume you have in your main stream set to /Streaming/Channels/101. Also I assume you have a profile name of Profile_1 (as shown in the lower right corner of the dialog). So based on that, enter /Streaming/Channels/102?transportmode=unicast&profile=Profile_1

If you Dahua/Amcrest, and your main stream is:
/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

Then for the sub-stream, enter:
/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

Last edited:

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, I have 6 Dahua cameras, only 1 is working. As mentioned earlier substream 1 is enabled on all. Here is a pic of my settings, it wont work with 5 of the 6 cameras. Thanks, ADam

Attachments

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi, I have 6 Dahua cameras, only 1 is working. As mentioned earlier substream 1 is enabled on all. Here is a pic of my settings, it wont work with 5 of the 6 cameras. Thanks, ADam
Strange, I experimented on my two Dahua cams (1920x1080) and Hik Doorbell (1920x1080), I was able to turn enter the sub streaming string and all three are streaming in 640x480. Plan on getting 4k cams in future, so wanted to see how this would work.

I assumed you checked, but I'll ask anyways. Did you check to ensure the sub-stream is checked on the cams web page? I wasn't using the sub-stream, so I turned it off, until I started playing with the new feature.

1589926134109.png

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, yes, I did mention a couple of times the substream is enabled. Hope someone can help. Thanks, Adam

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, thanks, I downloaded the program but I am not too bright, what is an RTSP string? Thanks, Adam

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi, yes, I did mention a couple of times the substream is enabled. Hope someone can help. Thanks, Adam
I know I mentioned this before, but i have been down this path before and it was this...so dbl check that you indeed have direct to disk selected.

Annotation 2020-05-19 183842.jpg

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, thanks, that was asked already and yes, I have all cameras direct to disc from day 1. Thanks, Adam

b0bthebuilder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, thanks, I downloaded the program but I am not too bright, what is an RTSP string? Thanks, Adam
  • run VLC
  • then ctrl + N
  • then type rtsp:/192.168.1.52/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1&unicast=true&proto=Onvif [or whatever the appropriate stream string is]
VLC will prompt you for the camera username and password and then if the sub stream is working, you should see it in VLC - I just tested this verbatim and it works for me on a Dauha camera

b0bthebuilder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
  • run VLC
  • then ctrl + N
  • then type rtsp:/192.168.1.52/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1&unicast=true&proto=Onvif [or whatever the appropriate stream string is]
VLC will prompt you for the camera username and password and then if the sub stream is working, you should see it in VLC - I just tested this verbatim and it works for me on a Dauha camera
that should say double forward slash not single forward slash above, after rtsp [something keeps auto-correcting this from double slash to single slash, for some reason]

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, I must be doing something wrong, it says: "VLC is unable to open MRL 'rtsp etc...I checked the string and it should be correct. ??

b0bthebuilder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
that should say double forward slash not single forward slash above, after rtsp [something keeps auto-correcting this from double slash to single slash, for some reason]
should look like this: [had to paste it as an image as the double slash kept being replaced with a single slash which doesn't work]
1589932817511.png