5.2.X Modified Firmware: Increased line/intrusion/ROI limit to 4

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
haha.. this is crazy. with your last posted fw its 4 roi now, but language is chinese :D
and if i install the fw from other thread, it will be ML again, but this time 4 roi will be gone

Link me to the 1st fw you used and I will mod that one for you.

ct23857ip

n3wb
Reaction score
Re: 5.2.X Modified Firmware: Increased line/intrusion limit to 4

I'm not familiar with the issues with NAS, but if it has to do with the functionality itself, it would probably require significant changes (and therefore extremely difficult)
I gave up trying to get it to work. There is a sticky on the problem with possible fix but not for recent versions.

https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php?t=54

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I gave up trying to get it to work. There is a sticky on the problem with possible fix but not for recent versions.
Are you referring to the firmware-dependant problem where if the volume size of a NAS (or SMB/CIFS Windows for that matter) share is too large, the camera will not successfully 'format' it?
That sticky is somewhat obsolete now as it's a firmware dependant hack.
What have you tried that did not work?

There was what I thought was quite an innovative approach for those with a low-end NAS that does not support quotas, nor the ability to create a volume of arbitrary size to share.
I need to find the original post so we can properly attribute the method - however, it was something like:

Create an empty file of a suitable size, say 200GB for the older firmware, with an .img extension. This can be done with 'dd'.
Create / format the file as a file system, eg ext2, ext3 This can be done with 'mkfs'
Mount the file system, add to fstab so it's permanent.
Offer the volume as a share.

nzipcamera

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is great work.

I was wondering if it would be possible to add LPR (Licence Plate Recognition) to the feature set of the two series camera's? As I understand the Hikvision NVR now supports LPR as a standard feature from firmware release 3.3.1 on.

I had started another thread in the Hikvision NVR section asking about this but as I now understand it's more reliant on the camera supporting LPR.

https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/5933-LPR-(License-Plate-Recognition)-new-feature-of-NVR-Firmware-release-V3-3-1

DemonicHawk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I haven't looked at licence plate recognition specifically, but it is likely not possible or very difficult. I have looked into enabling more "smart" features as others have, and most of us have come to the conclusion that while it is possible to essentially flip a switch and enable the capability (which reveals the relevant web configuration pages), the actual functionality is still broken. So you can set everything up and it all looks fine, but it just doesn't work.