5.7.5 - April 20, 2023 - Onvif updates

RWDM3

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
found it! - didnt realize its in that setting i was looking in blue iris

still no go on this AI working, what am i missing?

GUI
IVS - added intrusion zone
smart motion detection - disabled
video detection - disabled
turn off ONVIF authenication

BI
camera config, made sure onvif is on the stream profiles, clicked get onvif trigger events, - ok
trigger - checked off onvif camera events and globla dio input bits,
added onvif event - trigger - RuleEngine/LineDetector/Crossed -
under alerts - trigger sources and zones - uncheck motion zones, and click ONVIF

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Always hate to suggest that anyone update cam firmware unless absolutely necessary but I couldn't get one of my 5442s running older firmware to work until I did. Everything was set up and working before one of the BI updates. After, would not work after even with the "hacks." Updated to a later version that I had handy (2022-02-18) and works again.

brunokiwi

n3wb
Reaction score
found it! - didnt realize its in that setting i was looking in blue iris

still no go on this AI working, what am i missing?

GUI
IVS - added intrusion zone
smart motion detection - disabled
video detection - disabled
turn off ONVIF authenication

BI
camera config, made sure onvif is on the stream profiles, clicked get onvif trigger events, - ok
trigger - checked off onvif camera events and globla dio input bits,
added onvif event - trigger - RuleEngine/LineDetector/Crossed -
under alerts - trigger sources and zones - uncheck motion zones, and click ONVIF
I assume you are seeing the IVS events in the camera its self. Try enable the smart motion detection and see if those ONVIF events get through to BI and trigger it.

Daniel15

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just updated and this change seems to have broke some of my notifications due to the format of the &MEMO macro changing.

I have alerts configured to send an MQTT request with this payload:
Code:
{"id":"&ALERT_DB","object":"&MEMO","camera":"&CAM","name":"&NAME","img":"&ALERT_JPEG"}
&MEMO used to be a string from the CodeProject AI detection, formatted like "person:80%". I have a Node-RED flow that listens for this payload and generates a "Person detected at front" alert and sends it to my phone, TV, and Google speakers.

After this change, &MEMO is now a string like "RuleEngine/LineDetector/Crossed;per". I assume "per" is supposed to be "person", but it's always truncated at 35 characters so the score is cut off at the end. I could hack my code by assuming "per" is a person, but other alerts are of the format "RuleEngine/FieldDetector/ObjectsIns" which doesn't give me any useful info.

Does anyone know how to get the "person:80%" string now?

The documentation still says to use &MEMO. Page 163:
&MEMO The alert’s AI findings, e.g., person:81%
Any ideas?

Last edited:

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Daniel15 That memo message was a triggered ONVIF event. You can turn off ONVIF, see my advice here Smart Motion Detection IPC-Color4K-T and Mini PTZ

Related, I send this to MQTT:
{ "state":"ON", "cam":"&CAM", "plate":"&PLATE", "memo":"&MEMO", "camera_name":"&NAME", "type":"&TYPE", "last_tripped_time":"&ALERT_TIME", "alert_db":"&ALERT_DB", "preset":"&PRESET", "json":&JSON}

Note &JSON. That will contain the raw AI json response that may be useful in your automation.

Last edited:

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Daniel15 I reread my earlier reply to you.

Let me try again. Goto this screen for your camera. Find the ONVIF event in question and make sure the memo configuration is empty.

If your ONVIF has the green checkbox below, you will still have ONVIF trigger AI but the ONVIF string will not be added to MEMO.
.ONVIF memo.png

Last edited:

Daniel15

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@Daniel15 I reread my earlier reply to you.

Let me try again. Goto this screen for your camera. Find the ONVIF event in question and make sure the memo configuration is empty.

You will still have ONVIF trigger AI but the ONVIF string will not be added to MEMO.
.View attachment 167848
Ohhh! Now I understand. Sorry I misread your comment the first time - thanks for editing it to add more detail.

This works. It still adds IsMotion="true" to the memo in some cases (which I really don't need in there and would like to get rid of), but at least it doesn't truncate the "person:87%".

&JSON is useful too! I'll switch to using that instead.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Daniel15 IsMotion="true" is different ONVIF event from ObjectsIns. Make sure to look at each ONVIF in my screenshot if you want to remove both from MEMO.

kbgator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey great thread guys! Good to see people with BI and 5442 cams.

Did anyone figure out if the 5442 Cameras sends a Vehicle or People alert to BI? I'm trying to reduce CPAI use down as it's a power hog, and plus the Dahua cameras are way better and accurate for "real motion" IMO.
I'd like my Dahua 5442s to let me BI server know it detected a Person or an Vehicle.

do these get sent to BI?

1697066285463.png

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
No, don't see that the source of the trigger like that is sent directly. Only an event based on whatever rule is triggered. You could simulate that to some degree by making, for example, an intrusion box for vehicles and a tripwire for people and distinguish the events on that basis using a clone of the same cam.

Daniel15

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
do these get sent to BI?
Hmm, I'll have to double-check, but I think the Dahua person detection does fire this ONVIF event. Do you have both "Video Detection" and "Smart Video Detection" enabled on the cameras? BOTH have to be enabled for it to work - it won't work with just Smart Video Detection enabled.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
The cam does send the ONVIF event. But the event doesn't distinguish between person or vehicle as the source of the trigger within it. Which is what I thought that they were asking. It does pass the rule number and type of event which BI shows in different ways that you can distinguish. e.g.,
ONVIF Event: RuleEngine/FieldDetector/ObjectsInside (IsInside="true") for an intrusion box.
ONVIF Event: RuleEngine/LineDetector/Crossed is a tripwire crossed.
ONVIF Event: MotionAlarm (State="true") is non-IVS motion triggered.

Last edited:

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Related to the info you shared above Mike, just in case people do not know, for Dahau cameras that have recent firmware, you can rename each IVS rule to whatever you want. See screenshot for an illustration of how I named my IVS rules:IVS.png

The above is example for cam with web 5.0 but I can do this for 5442 with web 3.x as well.

You can then use your appropriately named IVS rules to distinguish the rules in BI5 ONVIF screen, and the "action" can be different for each rule:
BI ONVIF.png

Last edited:

kbgator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hmm, I'll have to double-check, but I think the Dahua person detection does fire this ONVIF event. Do you have both "Video Detection" and "Smart Video Detection" enabled on the cameras? BOTH have to be enabled for it to work - it won't work with just Smart Video Detection enabled.
I only have IVS set in the camera. Regular motion and smart motion send false alerts it seems like.

kbgator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Related to the info you shared above Mike, just in case people do not know, for Dahau cameras that have recent firmware, you can rename each IVS rule to whatever you want. See screenshot for an illustration of how I named my IVS rules:View attachment 174595

The above is example for cam with web 5.0 but I can do this for 5442 with web 3.x as well.

You can then use your appropriately named IVS rules to distinguish the rules in BI5 ONVIF screen, and the "action" can be different for each rule:View attachment 174596
Oh interesting. I have previously renamed my IVS rules. Let me check to see if that is passed over.
can I just run IVS or do I need the tabs for Motion and smart detection turned on?

kbgator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Related to the info you shared above Mike, just in case people do not know, for Dahau cameras that have recent firmware, you can rename each IVS rule to whatever you want. See screenshot for an illustration of how I named my IVS rules:View attachment 174595

You can then use your appropriately named IVS rules to distinguish the rules in BI5 ONVIF screen, and the "action" can be different for each rule:View attachment 174596
How did you get those Rules in there? Did they auto-add on new Inspect, or did you write each one in as a new rule?