5 MegaGixel 1/1.8" low light destroyer for $90-AVOID LONGSE JUNK

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
If I get a chance I will test it, it's probably under 6-8 watts with IRs

GuitarKin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is that camera weatherproof? Im thinking to order bullet or turret, but im not sure how weatherproof that turret is. That turret looks cool . Rosa Law replacing Amanda now on Longse?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is that camera weatherproof? Im thinking to order bullet or turret, but im not sure how weatherproof that turret is. That turret looks cool . Rosa Law replacing Amanda now on Longse?
The Longse LRDC60S500 RoboCat I purchased was advertised as "Waterproof IP66" and I've had mine installed outside and unprotected for three (3) months without issue.

GuitarKin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The Longse LRDC60S500 RoboCat I purchased was advertised as "Waterproof IP66" and I've had mine installed outside and unprotected for three (3) months without issue.
Ok.Thank You for that information.

GuitarKin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone knows how this LRDC60S500 camera working on Dahua NVR-5208-8P-4KS2? It must be use ONVIF, but what about that 5MP resolution?Does the Dahua NVR recognize that resolution right? Someone says here that Dahua not give that 5MP choice on NVR for this camera?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone knows how this LRDC60S500 camera working on Dahua NVR-5208-8P-4KS2? It must be use ONVIF, but what about that 5MP resolution?Does the Dahua NVR recognize that resolution right? Someone says here that Dahua not give that 5MP choice on NVR for this camera?
I believe that -- if the Dahua NVR doesn't support 5MP -- you can set the camera to 2MP.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
try adjusting the iframe interval...
Tried changing from 1 to 3. No improvement so tried 5. Still an issue. Id blame the network however the other cams are fine. The others are not Longse.

Rice

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here is how mine acts lately, on top of constant "no signal" for 1 minute timeouts. Not happy but it was cheap.
This is something I posted a few pages back.
increasing the iframe rate just seems to alter how long it take to clean up the image before it start to "trail" again.

i did find that dropping the resolution to 2mp helped with this a lot, however, I still have a LOT of "no signal" alarms.

on power up, if first seems ok, then very shortly after it is as though the camera is in slow mo (the clock overlay also runs slow) then, about every 5 seconds it will jump to catch up to were it should be, then repeats as before!

Eventually the on display clock gives up and disappears, then at some point after that I get the "no signal".
it eventually comes back on by itself...

upto now ive not been able to find a stable condition for it to run at 5mp at 25fps without it either dropping frames, creating trails or randomly packing in!

ive a number of other (mostly cheap Chinese 2mp) cameras on the network feeding into BI and they give me no trouble at all.

rice

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok so, I set the frame rate to 15, bit rate to 2000k, I frame to 3. So far, every vehicle going past is ok. Ghosting is gone. I will see what daylight brings tomorrow and post my findings. Boggles my mind that this was not happening when the camera was installed and went weeks with no problems. Perhaps our heat wave and humidity is killing the s500.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Here is how mine acts lately, on top of constant "no signal" for 1 minute timeouts. Not happy but it was cheap.
This image at full 5MP looks bad. I am not sure what settings they are, but even default settings looked better. Btw, I am running at 3MP, try that.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am extremely unhappy with this thing. Tried everything, messing w settings, defaulting back to factory, either way it just plain sucks.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I am extremely unhappy with this thing. Tried everything, messing w settings, defaulting back to factory, either way it just plain sucks.
I hear ya, they made some changes looks like and not for the best. A few users reported they weren't getting a great image, so looks like this cam should not be recommended any longer.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I certainly wont recommend it, nor the maker. They probably know exactly what theyre doing. Release a batch of awesome cameras, then after ppl start to spread the word, dump shitty sensors in them and reap the profits. Never again. I will stick to reputable sellers that will accept returns on garbage.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I certainly wont recommend it, nor the maker. They probably know exactly what theyre doing. Release a batch of awesome cameras, then after ppl start to spread the word, dump shitty sensors in them and reap the profits. Never again. I will stick to reputable sellers that will accept returns on garbage.
It certainly looks that way since this sensor was expensive. So I totally agree with you on this cam, I've updated first post as well.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Tell you what... once Ive gotten good and mad, I will be dissecting the turd and inspecting the sensor to see if it is in fact what it is claimed to be. Believe me, Im close lol

Rice

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Tell you what... once Ive gotten good and mad, I will be dissecting the turd and inspecting the sensor to see if it is in fact what it is claimed to be. Believe me, Im close lol
Hi rcirz,
I'll be interested in :-
i) where you find out what the sensor is as it reports the right sensor in the web interface and
ii) what you find!

Happy hunting :cool:

rice