5 MegaGixel 1/1.8" low light destroyer for $90-AVOID LONGSE JUNK

zeoclang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I received a new one of these a few weeks ago. It was unstable from the start and now it is so bad I cant even use it at all. It would lose connectivity and need to be power cycled. Now I cant even access the web interface. I can ping it but it will only respond maybe 20% of the time. Is there any way to open it to factory reset it? Any other ideas to fix it?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I received a new one of these a few weeks ago. It was unstable from the start and now it is so bad I cant even use it at all. It would lose connectivity and need to be power cycled. Now I cant even access the web interface. I can ping it but it will only respond maybe 20% of the time. Is there any way to open it to factory reset it? Any other ideas to fix it?
Have you accounted for other variables? cable? power source?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Doc. My arm hurts. Do you have any ideas how to fix it?

If you're running the camera off of Blue Iris and you have GetPullPointSubscription enabled, disable it. Otherwise, provide some sort of information as to your setup and also your Configuration > Video settings.

zeoclang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The problem was Stream 1 somehow got set to 30fps which is evidently more than this camera can handle. It took some time but i was finally able to login to it between disconnects to set it back to 20fps.
I also figured how to open it. Apply enough force to each half and it will just twist open. I couldn't find a physical reset button though.

Rice

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
After speaking with eddy (at longse) to get help on this issue, he sent me the latest fw to see if that solved the issue. It's a newer version that what's on page 55. Not had a chance to play and see the differences yet as l'm about to go work away again.

This is what he said in the email as for instructions:

How to update?
1. Firmware update Setup=> reset to defaults=> uinstall and update OCX plugin (For IE Web client)

2. Freeip Pro app, a new mobile app for it.

Thanks Danfozzy85!
Since I installed this firmware, mine has been rocky steady!

Cheers! :cool:

rice

Danfozzy85

n3wb
Reaction score
ive got 5 of these cams and im intending to have them all hooked up to a switch in the attic. ive got 2 options to connect them up to my router/NAS drive - either send i cable down from the attic to the router (which is on the ground floor) by sending it down the wall outside the house, or use a spare powerline adapter i have (1200mbps tplink)

any advice on this if i have these cams at full res and 30 fps, all recording at the same time - will the powerline adapter be ok?

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
If you can run a wire then do it. Powerline adapters are nice but don't replace a wire unless it is really hard to runone. Then it might be worth the expense and testing for reliability. That might be too much data for what it'll give you in your installation.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Run a cable, the powerline will have issues....also 30fps is overkill and the cams may have issues streaming 30fps....15 is way more than sufficient..

Need1e

n3wb
Reaction score
2 passwords forced (for two latest firmwares):
- HI160526
- HI160527
Can anybody try these passes ?

My attemts failed, however I couldnot login even to earlier firmware with ls123...
All my cameras regardless of the firmware versions do not let me in (wrong login).
Don't understand the reason...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The root password varies with the specific firmware version.
Are you quite sure you've cracked the hashes for the exact same firmware that's installed on the specific camera?
The ones you've quoted are for this firmware version:
3516A_IMX178_W_6.1.25.3
r20QjCLLzTHHY:HI160526

3516A_IMX178_W_6.1.25.3
oHf5ap4P4vhJI:HI160527
That's not the latest firmware - the latest is 3516A_IMX178_W_6.1.39.3.fls

If you are desperate to gain access - there is another approach you could consider.
Paste a known hash into the firmware file that's the exact same version as in the camera and flash the camera with it.
An easy one to paste on, for example, would be:
LHjQopX4yjf1Q:ls123

Need1e

n3wb
Reaction score
You're right, both HI160526 and HI160527 stand for 3516A_IMX178_W_6.1.25.3 (not the latest) - I mixed the hashes in the file :(
So now will try to find passwords for 3516A_IMX178_W_6.1.39.3 (camera is already flashed and unaccessible from web for some unknown reason) - cannot replace hashes - need original passwords.

I have one camera with 3516A_IMX178_X_5.1.51.3 with LHjQopX4yjf1Q:ls123 (I'm sure it has this hash - I've flashed it myself). Works fine but I cannot log in - it says incorrect login.

Hope to get back with the latest firmware's passess soon.

zeoclang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here is how to factory reset a LRDC60S500. This method can be used if you can't access the web interface or see the camera in SADP.
1. Point the camera lens towards the ground.
2. Turn what is now the top of the camera counter clockwise to unscrew it.
3. Power on the camera and wait for the LED on the middle board to light up.
4. Press and hold the reset button on the top board until LED on the middle board goes out.
5. Release the reset button.

Attachments

Need1e

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you - ls5.1.51 worked for 5.1.51.3

Have one left:
root:iBUCe6g0QI2BQ (for 6.1.39.3) - still computing...

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am a little disappointed as Longse told me the camera would work with the Hikvision IVMS-4200 PCNVR and have tried all afternoon to get the thing working without any luck. It will work in the supplied software and BI only so looks like I will be sending it back as I already have a few cameras set up and working as I want them in the Hikvision software.
It's going to be MIGHTY expensive to send it back to China, if they'll take it back. How much do you want for it? I'm interested.