$69 motorized varifocal 4x (2.8mm-12mm) Longse

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I meant model number, looks like it is the LRDC60S500. Thanks.
I meant there is no part numbers for different lens options. Camera model is the same, you just request what options you want for it. You can see in catalog available options.

riceandbeans

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@klasipca - maybe I missed the link, but I meant to ask for a totally non-IR'd, nighttime image with the IMX124. Here's an equivalent shot with my super-poopypants OV9712. Thanks for the help and great review.

1.png

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I haven't played imx124 much, but without IR it's not that great

As far as VF cam goes looks like it is basically brick, I cannot go back to PTZ firmware anymore according to Longse... the only way to go back is "to soldier a new flash or get a new ccd". New flash requires soldiering and ccd is basically the cost of a new cam, maybe saving only $20.

thesleepy_slee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I haven't played imx124 much, but without IR it's not that great

As far as VF cam goes looks like it is basically brick, I cannot go back to PTZ firmware anymore according to Longse... the only way to go back is "to soldier a new flash or get a new ccd". New flash requires soldiering and ccd is basically the cost of a new cam, maybe saving only $20.
What type of flash are they using? I'm sure you can find someone in your area which could help.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I have no idea, I'll take it apart and post pictures of the inside. I am not sure I want to spend time and money doing anything with it, would rather wait when they have IMX178 VF cam available.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
So I'm guessing that in those 5 minutes you did not take any images from it??
Nope, the Zoom function did not work, whenever I clicked the zoom button IE would freeze, so I thought I needed firmware upgrade... the brief moment when I looked at the image it looked in line with Huisun which was expected running same s2l + imx322. Anyone else wants to buy one to test it? I don't feel like spending $90 again with shipping.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Nope, the Zoom function did not work, whenever I clicked the zoom button IE would freeze, so I thought I needed firmware upgrade... the brief moment when I looked at the image it looked in line with Huisun which was expected running same s2l + imx322. Anyone else wants to buy one to test it? I don't feel like spending $90 again with shipping.
I'm thinking about it, I need something for the front porch that would replace my old analog camera. Total darkness at night.

Porch.JPG

Or if I could find that S500 you talk about. Amanda did not reply to my email...

Last edited by a moderator:

riceandbeans

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@klasipca - I might be interested in your brick'd IMX124 IPC + S2L if you're interested in selling it (depending on what you wanted for it). PM me if interested in selling part or the whole shell. Got a few modules that need homes and wouldn't mind taking a crack at saving the ship with a FW flash

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Unbelievable, but the camera was unbricked! This was combined effort which was initiated by @alastairstevenson (Big Thank you!) with Alex @ Cantonk and then I followed up with Amanda from Longse and mystery R&D guy who fixed this. I will be posting my review once I get to play with it.

stoney7713

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well that's definitely some good news to hear. Now let's see some further testing.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Unbelievable, but the camera was unbricked! This was combined effort which was initiated by @alastairstevenson (Big Thank you!) with Alex @ Cantonk and then I followed up with Amanda from Longse and mystery R&D guy who fixed this. I will be posting my review once I get to play with it.
Really great news @klasipca, waiting for the review. :peaceful:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Unbelievable, but the camera was unbricked!
Well, that is a good result. I expect you were up quite late, with the time difference ...
One could argue that it's not an effective use of your time and effort doing this - but on the other hand there is intellectual stimulation and satisfaction from exploring a problem and solving it.
How to put a value on that?
And sharing it in a lively forum such as this can benefit others in the community.

I have to say that Alex@CantonK was pretty helpful in organising the assistance of the engineer, despite my flawed understanding of the relationship between Longse and CantoK (there is none - they compete with each other to sell the same products from a shared factory).
In my view, he's been a bit unfairly maligned - his fault is that he's a very lively sales person who communicates a lot. But that's by the by.

I'm wondering if the engineers are attached to the factory, or to the sales organisation. @klasipca - was the engineer the same one that Alex@CantonK facilitated?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
On how it all went down. I sent summary of how to address the issue from @alastairstevenson to Amanda. To speed up the communication process I also added her to Skype and got confirmation that she said she would get back to me with the engineer in an hour. When engineer was ready we connected via TeamViewer (preferred communication by a lot of companies over there) I summarized the issue to the engineer once again and let him have control over my desktop. As I suspected he was tier 1 support and he did not have knowledge of telnet, he tinkered a bit with it and then said he needed to talk with "R&D". It took about an hour or so and I got someone else on TeamViewer who presented himself as "Longse R&D". He connected via telnet and effortlessly ran a few commands which are foreign to me. I saw him load correct firmware via IPSearch tool while running commands in the background. However, the pages weren't working and there were some missing files and then he transferred two files to my desktop. One file was HSF.exe tool which used to transfer libmainapp.so to the camera. A few more commands ran, restart the cam services and all was well afterwards. He said "don't do this again!" The end.

I should've recorded all the steps in case this needs to be reproduced once again... All I got was the screenshot:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
He said "don't do this again!" The end.
Lol!
To which you no doubt replied "Put some update checks in your firmware!"
There aren't really any.
For the Linux buffs out there - the camera runs the full-fat version of busybox, not the painfully skinny damaged version that's natively in Hikvision firmware.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well, that is a good result. I expect you were up quite late, with the time difference ...
One could argue that it's not an effective use of your time and effort doing this - but on the other hand there is intellectual stimulation and satisfaction from exploring a problem and solving it.
How to put a value on that?
And sharing it in a lively forum such as this can benefit others in the community.

I have to say that Alex@CantonK was pretty helpful in organising the assistance of the engineer, despite my flawed understanding of the relationship between Longse and CantoK (there is none - they compete with each other to sell the same products from a shared factory).
In my view, he's been a bit unfairly maligned - his fault is that he's a very lively sales person who communicates a lot. But that's by the by.

I'm wondering if the engineers are attached to the factory, or to the sales organisation. @klasipca - was the engineer the same one that Alex@CantonK facilitated?
I agree 100% about Alex. He has been very helpful to me and I just received a camera from CanTonk without a single problem. More than I can say for some of the other vendors.