$69 motorized varifocal 4x (2.8mm-12mm) Longse

fabads

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Klasipca,

Could you precise the exact reference you ordered to Amanda?

I'm also considering Longse cams but there are proposing plenty of references!

Thx

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Hi Klasipca,

Could you precise the exact reference you ordered to Amanda?

I'm also considering Longse cams but there are proposing plenty of references!

Thx
Besides POE you cant configure anything else for auto zoom camera

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Having been impressed with the features and image quality - I'm just about to order one from Alex@CantonK
varifocal.png
"If you are looking for this model, the total price will be 65USD+6USD(POE)+ 20USD(TNT SHIPPING COST)+3.64(PAYPAL FEE)= 94.64USD TOTAL"

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a bunch of cams ready for testing for a week or so.
But haven't found the time yet to connect them, i did picked up my poe switch so hopefully later on when i am done with my bookkeeping.
Great topic again, and i must say the cam performs pretty good as far i can see and compare them to a hikvision/dahua model.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Surprisingly zoom & focus function work within Hikvision NVR, I guess it's just a Tiny Cam Viewer issue with ONVIF profile.

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
This VF is crazy sensitive, I am not sure what they did with it, but I am quite amazed by the results. First cam s500, second VF, third crappy Huisun 4x. Btw, when using focus function in Hikvision it automatically engages manual focus and to reset back to Auto focus you need to login to Longse UI. You can see that it didn't refocus when I zoomed out at the end of the video and I had to manually adjust it. Although I noticed that in full wide it needs a slight nudge in focus anyway.

Maconi

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you think that some of the Longse cameras can rivals Hikvision? I was interested in some of the higher-end Hikvision cameras (like http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/Products_accessries_164_i5589.html or http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/Products_accessries_506_i5557.html) but spending hundreds per camera is out of my budget (I'm looking to place ~6 cameras around the outside of my house). After looking through the catalog you posted in the OP it seems like Longse makes cameras with similar function/quality? Or am I missing something?

Thanks for your input. :cool:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
>Rival Hikvision?
Yes and no. Longe/Cantonk certainly is cheaper and offer excellent image quality in some configurations, as well as interesting options like above but firmware is very light on options. Also long term performance is unknown at this point. I had one cam for over 4 month and it works fine though. For outdoors I have more Huisuns 10x which are my favorite cams.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am thinking this is a perfect driveway cam for those with a lil bit of homeautomation skill.. daytime = wideangle over view of the front yard, night time zoom in on cardoor.. I do this already with one of my PTZ's and its really nice.. best of both worlds.

thesleepy_slee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does this cam accept CGI commands?
I am looking for a wifi cam for my entrance porch, which cam would have similar quality and fov (may need even wider fov for this use case). My porch is square, 3x3m. Thanks

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
it does onvif apparently, so zooming/refocusing should be doable via scripts.. probably not CGI tho.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
zooming didn't work using onvif profile in tiny cam, so I am not sure if it's supported.

fabads

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
>Rival Hikvision?
Yes and no. Longe/Cantonk certainly is cheaper and offer excellent image quality in some configurations, as well as interesting options like above but firmware is very light on options. Also long term performance is unknown at this point. I had one cam for over 4 month and it works fine though. For outdoors I have more Huisuns 10x which are my favorite cams.
Hi Klasipca,
Why Huisuns 10x are your favorite cams ? More precisely, what about the gap between a 2MP resolution of Huisuns vs. 4MP/5MP proposed by Longse?

thesleepy_slee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@klasipca, can you precise which exact model you bought? I opened the pdf for the first time, and it looks like Chinese menu :)
Also, which sensors in the list you recommend most? I will buy a couple of models, they are dirt cheap. Thanks.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
@klasipca, can you precise which exact model you bought? I opened the pdf for the first time, and it looks like Chinese menu :)
Also, which sensors in the list you recommend most? I will buy a couple of models, they are dirt cheap. Thanks.
You mean varifocal one?
LRDC60XA200 (the 4MP is incorrected listed, it's 2MP with imx322)

http://www.longse.com/Info/View_pro.asp?id=762

I also have that 3MP IMX124, but like I said it's not really impressive, although I kept it as a inside garage cam. I would stick with IMX322 VF or IMX178, these are the best cams Longse has to offer.

freqflyer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm installing my first camera system. I will be running blue iris. I want to purchase some inexpensive cameras to get started or perhaps they will be good enough to use permanently. I do like the prices here.

I have some questions regarding the specification. Would someone identify these things.

1/2.8" image sensor size? Bigger is better?

Starvis Brand of sensor?

Back-illuminated CMOS sensor

Ambarella s2l Maker of the processor in the camera?

Faraday Processor brand?

Hisilicon Processor brand? which of these are best?

Lowstream

WDR

External POE +6usd I understand POE is power over ethernet and the external is $6.00 more but is there an advantage to this?

IR-cut infared cut but what is the advantage to this?

Suggestions of which one to get? Will they work well with Blue Iris?

Also, Klasipca which one did you buy. I can't seem to find it.