8MP Starlight+

Ace789

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I've been reading the forum for a while and was just about to introduce myself when I found this...

IPC-HF8835F - Dahua Technology

It's an 8MP Starlight+ camera with a 4/3" sensor!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, I've been reading the forum for a while and was just about to introduce myself when I found this...

IPC-HF8835F - Dahua Technology

It's an 8MP Starlight+ camera with a 4/3" sensor!
Weclome Ace,

Good to see you post your first post, a number of us noticed that and are eagerly waiting for more models to come out and to get sticker shock.

It's easy to get swamped with information here, so I wanted to share some notes with you

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made notes which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
this model right now is ready to ship, i think those guys will posts here soon. Should be in US or DE next Tuesday or Wednesday.
Today dahua told me is ready.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
would love to see a review... which lens options are there?

cb8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I picked up a $12 Canon EOS to M43 adapter ring to let me test out the camera using my Canon lenses before I decide on the actual lens and focal length I will use.

EvgenioZ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I picked up a $12 Canon EOS to M43 adapter ring to let me test out the camera using my Canon lenses before I decide on the actual lens and focal length I will use.
Auto-focus would not work via adapter even if supported by the cam.

cb8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Auto-focus would not work via adapter even if supported by the cam.
Not with the cheap adapter I got, but I don't expect the camera to support auto-focus anyway. While not mentioned on the webpage, there's a link to a document under "A&E Document" that explicitly mentioned auto back-focus. Both of the lenses Dahua announced were fully manual lenses with manual focus and manual iris.

Either way, the adapter ring is just for initial testing to verify the camera is working.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Not with the cheap adapter I got, but I don't expect the camera to support auto-focus anyway. While not mentioned on the webpage, there's a link to a document under "A&E Document" that explicitly mentioned auto back-focus. Both of the lenses Dahua announced were fully manual lenses with manual focus and manual iris.

Either way, the adapter ring is just for initial testing to verify the camera is working.
How much was the camera. And how much is the lens?

cb8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How much was the camera. And how much is the lens?
I paid $735.99 for just the camera itself. Right now it's listed with a 5% discount @ $699 in Andy's store. As for the price of the lens, that still depends on which lens I decide to go with :)

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Can't wait to see if Dahua put this sensor in a turret.

However, I think the price is going to have to fall a long way to make it attractive to most.

shokunin

n3wb
Reaction score
Got it. Thanks Andy. Only had a few minutes to test. The lens mount is the same (electronic contacts and all) as the Micro Four-Thirds mount that is on my Panasonic Lumix GH4 mirrorless camera. I slapped on an Panasonic Lumix 20mm f/1.7 II pancake lens and through the webUI you can set the iris (aperture) manually or have it on auto adjust the aperture. ON Auto, you can hear the aperture blades open and close if you cover the lens with your hand.

The autofocus is like the standard dahua cameras, essentially a fixed focus point.

The webUI has the same Near - Far slider bar or you can click on a portion of the image and it will autofocus, albeit, very, very slowly or click on the NEAR or FAR buttons for focus.

Hope do more tests as time allows to see which lens/focal length/aperture I would need at night to get a reasonable depth of field that is in focus.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Got it. Thanks Andy. Only had a few minutes to test. The lens mount is the same (electronic contacts and all) as the Micro Four-Thirds mount that is on my Panasonic Lumix GH4 mirrorless camera. I slapped on an Panasonic Lumix 20mm f/1.7 II pancake lens and through the webUI you can set the iris (aperture) manually or have it on auto adjust the aperture. ON Auto, you can hear the aperture blades open and close if you cover the lens with your hand.

The autofocus is like the standard dahua cameras, essentially a fixed focus point.

The webUI has the same Near - Far slider bar or you can click on a portion of the image and it will autofocus, albeit, very, very slowly or click on the NEAR or FAR buttons for focus.

Hope do more tests as time allows to see which lens/focal length/aperture I would need at night to get a reasonable depth of field that is in focus.
thanks buddy, we wait for your perfect testing and sharing, thanks for your time!