Aliexpress sellers not allowed to sell hikvision any more??

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
just got a message from one of the sellers on aliexpress saying this. anyone know any other sellers who no longer sell hikvision on there?? this seller sent this http://www.aliexpress.com/store/321042

Dear resppected customer,
Thank you very much for your support .
Now HIKVISION company don't allow us to sell Hikvision related product in Aliexpress,
so we have to remove Hikvision product ,if you have need Hikvision product,welcome to let me know,
as follow,we have multi language stock:
DS-7716N-E4/16P DS-7732N-E4/16P
DS-7604N-E1/4P
DS-7608N-E2/8P
DS-7616N-E2/8P
DS-2CD2032-I
DS-2CD3132-I DS-2CD2432F-IW
DS-2CD2532F-IS DS-2CD2532F-IWS
DS-2CD2032F-I DS-2CD2032F-IW
DS-2CD2632F-IS DS-2CD2732F-IS DS-2CD2112F-IS
DS-2CD2012-I DS-2CD2412F-IW
Welcome to send enquiry to us.
Best Regards
Tom

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting. I wonder what changed. Maybe this is why cctv camera china pulled all their product listings (even dahua listings though... so maybe not related).

johngalt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This dealer/distributor/integrator exclusive...bad words.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is bad timing I was just about to buy a 2332 from E&M which they don't have anymore. Was going to get the 3332 as a last choice, was going to buy them today and they're gone.

CCTV camera china as mentioned above has also removed all their listings from what I can see. Is there anywhere else on Alibaba that I can get the 2332/3332?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This is bad timing I was just about to buy a 2332 from E&M which they don't have anymore. Was going to get the 3332 as a last choice, was going to buy them today and they're gone.

CCTV camera china as mentioned above has also removed all their listings from what I can see. Is there anywhere else on Alibaba that I can get the 2332/3332?
Welcome to the forum..Id wait a week until the 4mp turret with better night vision is available from US sellers.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Cheers!

I was hoping to get them from Aliexpress but it seems that's no longer possible. Shipping from the US is usually very expensive.

I asked E&M about the situation and he said something about protecting overseas markets, and that they'd have to close the store.

Supposedly the 2332 and 3332 are discontinued now as well. I shouldn't have procrastinated too much on purchasing the cameras but wasn't too sure on the focal length I wanted.

I have heard about those new 4MP versions. Only issue is I planned to get the 7608NI-E2 which can't do more than 6 channels at 1080p so 3mp/4mp would not be usable for me.

techman

n3wb
Reaction score
Interesting - some of the ebay sellers also look to have dropped off which I were following here in Australia.

I was purchasing camera's from Ali because of lack of decent distributors here in Australia who are not out to rip you off and make a quick dollar.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just when I needed them the most, due to a recent event.

^That is exactly why I prefer to buy from aliexpress. Buying them locally or from the states the same camera could be twice the price.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've not used Aliexpress to buy any of my cameras, and I'm not sure what is going on with the de-listing of products there. However, I think it's sad that choice has been taken away from people who do want to buy there. I've noticed in the last week or so that here in the U.K. Networkwebcams have joined Use-IP in being Authorised Resellers. I wonder if the Aliexpress de-listings are linked to the new Authorised Reseller springing up. Pity about the Networkwebcams prices. >_<
I don't think there is anything such as "Authorised Resellers" or "Authorised Sub-distributor" etc etc in the UK. It's a marketing term. If they are selling to an end-user and not an installer than it doesn't matter if they sourced it from official channels, you are not getting support from Hikvision if you are an end-user. That's just the reality of the situation.

As for networkwebcams, I'm not going to purchase from someone who's big price excludes taxes and when you get to the cart the price jumps. That's my personal preference. And I won't buy from Use-IP as the customer service is truly shocking. Seeing as both charge a lot more than elsewhere (I mean UK not import without paying tax), then I see no incentive to use them.

Authorised Distributor... that's different btw. That does exist in the UK!!!! (Also authorised reseller is a thing in the US, but still means nothing).

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't understand why we revisit this everday. Unless you have the finances to order in such a bundle that you can sacrifice cameras if they go bad with no warranty support it's just not worth it. Buy from Milkisbad, Nellys or Wrightwood Survellience and be happy with full support!

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Del Boy, as your name suggests, you really talk a load of crap at times.
Haha... very constructive.

My personal preference not to buy from them and is my experience of trying to get Hikvision UK support (although fenderman has told me that US is different).

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't understand why we revisit this everday. Unless you have the finances to order in such a bundle that you can sacrifice cameras if they go bad with no warranty support it's just not worth it. Buy from Milkisbad, Nellys or Wrightwood Survellience and be happy with full support!
+1 - Nellys or Wrightwood might be "unauthorised" but they offer local support and local warranty which I rate way above Hikvision support.

Many people on here are happy with them. I've never used them because I'm not US. But to be honest, if I was, I'd buy from Milkisbad because Hikvision are a pain.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You are correct, but some cameras are simply not available locally. Also depending on the cost difference (which has recently narrowed a bit) its pretty easy to self insure. The hikvisions are very reliable and its unlikely that you will have any significant failures within the warranty period.

JulesFW

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all...new to this forum and to this "hobby". I just purchased HIKVision equipment from two AliExpress vendors (setting it up now, or rather trying to...sigh). I just revisited those stores and note that "free shipping to Canada" is still advertised and that I can still add products to my cart, so in Canada at least it would seem we have no problems. Should this nonetheless apply in other countries you might try Taobao. This is sort of the Chinese (PRC) version of EBAY. Usually I have thrown my orders onto a container I have going and my Chinese wife does the navigating, but I just did a bit of research and found an English Guide to using Taobao, so it seems to me to be less daunting than, say, trying to set up an NVR video surveillance system. If a moderator gives me the OK I will be glad to include the links I found. Bear in mind though that you would receive Chinese versions, though I am guessing many of you know how to flash the system with an English version. There is also the possibility of receiving counterfeit merchandise, though I doubt anyone is counterfeiting HIKVision products. Anyway, it might be a viable option.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I guess I'm just not willing to chance it.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Guys, I just checked where I got some Hik stuff ages ago on Aliexpress and they are still shipping to the UK for quite a lot of the Hik range? (I'm not buying from Ali again but that's a different and personal decision!)

I don't think Hikvision can control Aliexpress... it would be like trying to stop people selling their products on eBay!

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It will not stop the unofficial sellers, selling to make a few $£¥ from us lol

hereu

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The authorised distributors in the UK (mainland) are Dynamic CCTV, DVS, Ezcctv and ADI. These are trade only companies but can supply other UK vendors, like Use-IP etc.
There were other UK vendors sourcing stock from China, but these companies were threatened with legal action by Hik and had to stop or source from the one of the main distributors.

I'm pretty sure Hik will be leaning on the Ali express vendors too while toughening up the firmware.

It's a hard sell when customers are seeing prices cheaper than I can get through the trade!

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't mind that though whoslooking... as long as they are adding some value (tech support, local warranty etc). Ali is great until something goes wrong. Then it's a nightmare. I'm happy to pay a little bit more for UK (£s for $s inc taxes) but not £140+ for a DS-2CD2132F-IS which these so called authorised resellers want - it's less than £100 from the UK official authorised distributor (which is a real thing!).

I vote with my feet and buy from elsewhere... simples.