Aliexpress sellers not allowed to sell hikvision any more??

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The Cheapest UK trade seller are CCTVwholesaler.co.uk, with Branded and OEM versions, @ £100 inc vat for a branded turret camera.
ADI even with my discount want £120 +vat. Now this is not business this is price fixing.

But the dicounted price is what you pay for no warranty.

I havd Hikvision contact me over selling a 7800 on Ebay I have used a a test unit, telling me I was not authorised to sell this product, I then had to remind them of the law, and the fact that all import duty and tax were paid on the NVR, and they in fact have no rights to say who I buy from or who I sell too!

Last edited by a moderator:

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So I guess it's time to switch over to Dahua? I mean, if you can't buy from the Chinese and Hikvision the manufacturer will only sell to installers in the U.S., then there's no way for U.S. sellers to get stock.

Rick2015

n3wb
Reaction score
If Hikvision doesn't want to sell their cameras to us, then we won't buy them...

A lot of people buy chinese Hik cameras because the quality vs price ratio is correct. But it remains chinese stuff with glued lenses on the low-end models and so on... I think the world isn't ready yet to buy chinese products at american or european prices. Too soon, my friend, too soon...

IMHO It won't last long, maybe one quarter or two, before they measure the lost, fire the guy who had that nice idea and then spent two or three years trying to win back their lost market shares.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The grey market makes up 35% of Hikvision world trade, it's The UK and US markets that are forcing Hikvision into region protection, as they see at Hikvision UK, it's justified due to their customer support.
If you are unlucky to speak with one of the morons at UK support, you will understand that they don't have a clue about their own products, and to be honest they are just sales and marketing department which rely on Norbian and ADI way to much.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If Hikvision doesn't want to sell their cameras to us, then we won't buy them...

A lot of people buy chinese Hikvision cameras because the quality vs price ratio is correct. But it remains chinese stuff with glued lenses on the low-end models and so on... I think the world isn't ready yet to buy chinese products at american or european prices.
+1 @Rick2015, Hikvision is great value and is great quality vs analog rubbish peddled by the big retail chains. You can get better quality 1080p stuff though, if it wasn't for value and ease of use (iVMS etc) then I wouldn't recommend them anymore... so if they lose their value then I won't!

The grey market makes up 35% of Hikvision world trade, it's The UK and US markets that are forcing Hikvision into region protection, as they see at Hikvision UK, it's justified due to their customer support.
If you are unlucky to speak with one of the morons at UK support, you will understand that they don't have a clue about their own products, and to be honest they are just sales and marketing department which rely on Norbian and ADI way to much.
This is why I keep saying that so-called "Authorised UK reseller" is a joke and will always recommend either ali (if you are comfortable doing that) or paying a little extra and getting it from a UK source where you can return it to them locally under warranty and for the support offered by them.

It does make me think what Hikvision's long term plan is in all this. The fact they rip all of us off in the west is annoying, just charge everyone the same cheaper rate + a little extra for tax + a little extra for local distribution etc... not double or triple!

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1 @Rick2015, Hikvision is great value and is great quality vs analog rubbish peddled by the big retail chains. You can get better quality 1080p stuff though, if it wasn't for value and ease of use (iVMS etc) then I wouldn't recommend them anymore... so if they lose their value then I won't!

This is why I keep saying that so-called "Authorised UK reseller" is a joke and will always recommend either ali (if you are comfortable doing that) or paying a little extra and getting it from a UK source where you can return it to them locally under warranty and for the support offered by them.

It does make me think what Hikvision's long term plan is in all this. The fact they rip all of us off in the west is annoying, just charge everyone the same cheaper rate + a little extra for tax + a little extra for local distribution etc... not double or triple!
That's so true, the UK does seem to be the worlds cash cow for everything. What would be good if someone inside Hikvision China would like to make a few £ $ buy sharing the source fw/software for clean installation

OldStyle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is incredibly annoying, as I've invested in two cameras now and was about to pull the trigger on a few more.

gth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There's hundreds of other sellers. If I had to guess, they're monitoring this forum (and probably the comparison spreadsheet), and taking action based on what they find.

Given the prices I've seen some people quote this stuff for here in Australia, I'm not surprised the old resellers are crying. Welcome to the 21st century - where a good product means the manufacturer deserves the markup and high sales volumes, not inefficient installers who disown the product after they've set the camera up on a shelf and do little more. If I get a professional cabling installation, with high roof mounted cameras, NVR and UPS etc. then I'll pay them. But glorified freight-forwarders who add no value but take over 100% price increase from the base product... nope, not going to happen.

Hikvision should embrace the Ali' method, and tell any resellers to buy from there as well. Here in Aust. there's a hikvision location (in Macquarie Park NSW, I think?) - easier for them to take courier deliveries of faulty equipment and just do service call charges on them. Easiest turn-around work for some engineers and cheaper than a reseller network bleating for cheaper-than-cost discounts.

Easier for everyone all 'round, I would have thought.

Reme

n3wb
Reaction score
It is not Hikvison but ingrammicro who accuse aliexpress ebay amazon resellers. Couple weeks ago, hikvision authorized ingrammicro as online reseller in Australia and new zealand. Ingrammicro has been keeping accused resellers in the past week. More and more reseller shops will be shut down in weeks.

smoothunit

n3wb
Reaction score
AU$289 for an DS-2CD2332 hahaha! Thanks, but no thanks... Only difference is how bad you really want that 3yr warranty.

techman

n3wb
Reaction score
ha all right, I have access to ingram via work and the cost of 2.8mm DS-2CD2332 is $185 ex or $193 ex for 4mm (prices are in aud) - it make you laugh when you consider these guys will be purchasing for less then ali sellers for identical product but add on 200% australia tax plus gst and wonder why sales are slow!

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Trade price should be 20% less than retail, but the Authorised Greed by Hikvision is beyond a joke at 200%+
It does to think Hikvision must be thick, as to lose such reveue to their authorised agent rather than for them selves.
They should wise up and setup there own direct sales to the public at the real price of the product and stop people being ripped off, we don't see Microsoft selling to computer builders only.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
There are plenty of sellers on Ali express, I bought 100s of items from there and never cared about them being authorized or not. What's the issue?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Paraphrased: Lots of scare-mongering about malware etc with absolutely no evidence despite many people on here being the ones telling people how to downgrade their own firmware when they brick their devices
Actually, I think it probably has to do with the fact that Hikvision's primary market is it's domestic market of CHINA. Hikvision can't charge Chinese more money as they don't have the same disposable incomes as the West. However, they can just rip-us off... to do this... they created a 2 tier market (Chinese cameras and International versions). So that's how the grey market appeared. This is almost exactly the same as how every grey market comes about in the world.

They could stop the grey market tomorrow quite easily. Stop producing Chinese cameras and make them all international versions and charge the Chinese the same prices FOB as they do export FOB... sure we'll pay more due to taxes, distribution and local support etc etc, but not double to triple.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Lie hahahaha funny one Don, maybe you should re-read those two threads involving you. I'll leave it here though please.

I've posted in the other thread Aliexpress seller's I've had good experiences with if anyone wants to check that out.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure if it has anything to do with, but August 15th China is tightening the export of quadcopters "drones"
Just blabbing my piece.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hikvision can't stop their product from being sold on Aliexpress, but they can cancel the wholesale account of a supplier that is reselling the products in a manner against Hikvision's terms.

For example, many manufacturers have a "minimum advertising price" policy in which retailers selling their products must not advertise the product for less than a certain price. If the manufacturer catches you breaking the policy, they'll deactivate the retailers wholesale account and refuse to provide inventory for that retailer.

I imagine Hikvision is doing something similar...but instead of a minimum advertising price, they're doing something like a "no international selling" policy...With the same result (wholesale account deactivation) for any chinese retailer that breaks the policy and offers the products to the international market. This would explain why some of the well known chinese retailers have "closed" their known stores and have made secondary backup Aliexpress stores (so that Hikvision will not be able to identify them)