Aliexpress sellers not allowed to sell hikvision any more??

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
So we should start our recommendations with two options:

1. Standard End User:
Only English Hikvision/LTS/Dahua etc...

2. Hobbyist:
Anything from Aliexpress

That settles, anytime I will be giving recommendations, I will be asking a simple question "are you a standard end user or a hobbyist?" :D
If you have to ask they are end users...

This is where and why we've bumped heads in the past because a novice end user asks for help and recommendations and you would jump to Huisun or Longsee - in the past. I have never said they were sub par, I actually think the examples I've seen are nice - cleaner IR then HIK for sure in most cases, but AE and china cams regardless of quality are NOT a viable solution for some users. You have to be willing to suggest based on needs and ability. Sometimes someone may think they are capable of navigating that world of AE then they are back a few months later after clicking upgrade firmware and now they cant read anything.

Everyone has opinions and feelings here that are different but at times you have to put those to the sides in order to recommend what is best for a individual user.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Good point, so then the question how important after sales warranty and support should really be the first question.

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also it's worth bearing in mind that the people who get their cameras (no matter where from, what region or with what support) and have no problems usually don't sign up here and post.

Chadi

n3wb
Reaction score
That is an old incomplete list...http://oversea-download.hikvision.com/uploadfile/doc/Hikvision USA Authorized Resellers 030515.pdf
Again, we are not referring to bandh as the place to get a good deal..there are other routes where end users can get US region hikvision cameras for 15-30 dollars above china rates. Also with some models like the turrets, the china variants are of an inferior design. A standard end user who is buying 4-8 cameras has to be dumb to buy from china to save 100-200 dollars. It simply makes no sense. You can keep trying to justify your decision to buy from china if it makes you feel better.
I have been looking for a long time to find such a seller. Where do you buy them from?15 dollar more sounds reasonable.
I am seriously interested.
Google won't help :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have been looking for a long time to find such a seller. Where do you buy them from?15 dollar more sounds reasonable.
I am seriously interested.
Google won't help :)
Search this forum..

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
You have a direct link for me?
Search this forum... A ton of us are here to help you and assist, but your asking to be spoon fed and that's not what we're here to do... Take 2 min and look around the forum, you'll find your answers very very very quickly. If you don't then you don't deserve the information.

Chadi

n3wb
Reaction score
Search this forum... A ton of us are here to help you and assist, but your asking to be spoon fed and that's not what we're here to do... Take 2 min and look around the forum, you'll find your answers very very very quickly. If you don't then you don't deserve the information.

Thanks. Stupid people like me are not worth it. AE is the way to go then :)

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks. Stupid people like me are not worth it. AE is the way to go then :)
You're only validating points with comments like this... you would rather make smart ass comments then take that 30 seconds to look at the most viewed thread on the entire site...

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

mjcother

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You're only validating points with comments like this... you would rather make smart ass comments then take that 30 seconds to look at the most viewed thread on the entire site...
That is interesting, searching, I get far more hits for people telling others to search for it than I do useful results... would you mind sharing your search terms for results that match your avatar?

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
That is interesting, searching, I get far more hits for people telling others to search for it than I do useful results... would you mind sharing your search terms for results that match your avatar?
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/forumdisplay.php/4-IP-Cameras

One of the top threads after the stickies... This is why I am blown away how so many people miss it. Honestly, its not that people are trying to be dicks, its seriously that people show up, create an account, make one post asking for all the answers, then leave... They don't want to invest any time or effort into anything.

mjcother

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
so the thread titled: Good source to buy IP items at ?

I see a huge stream of people PMing someone asking for a catalog, pages and pages and pages of requests to have a catalog PM'd to them... really? That seems like it violates your 'no bullshit' avatar! I am new here, but on several other forums for different subjects, and we try to at least give people a little pointer...

Oddbob74

n3wb
Reaction score
For the guys looking for the true WDR 4mp UK version camera, I bought 2 from SelecSecurity. Price is £108 including VAT. Free next day delivery over £200. After my purchase they got in touch and changed my account to trade which gave me various discounts site wide (Took there from £89.99+vat to £87.50 +vat)

http://www.selecsecurityproducts.co.uk/DS-2CD2342WD-I?filter_name=Hikvision
Are all of their products UK versions, tried to email them but no answer. Good prices if they are for real.

tomw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got mine from these guys on AliExpress...but there are loads selling real English firmware WDR cams.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/DS-2CD2542FWD-IS-4MP-Mini-Dome-CCTV-Camera-POE-WDR-H-264-wifi-EZVIZ-P2P-mini/32451193619.html

and the store : http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bxWHX6KU

Very easy, immedate comm's an lightning shipping. It arrived in 4 days (to Australia) via DHL and I have upgraded it to the Euro/US/UK verion of 5.3.6 d/l from HikVision site with zero issues.

Not sure why some are finding it difficult :)

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yes, sell hikvision on aliexpress will not allow by hikvision. so if you need any hikvision products, can contact us,we have both mult-language version and USA firmware version,have stock in hongkong warehourse and USA warehourse
it is better not buy from aliexpress now, the store sell hikvision will be complainted by hikvision,and store will be closed by aliexpress if complaint more than 4times
OK so the general message is don't buy from AE - buy from you. No offence but I am sceptical as to your impartiality here.

Many of us have continued to buy from AE same sellers (even if they have to change store name/ID and remove Hikvision branding references from their pages) without problems. I personally only deal with those who mention on their pages that the firmware shouldn't be upgraded as not to do so is misleading, and unfair to people who don't know that when deciding where to buy from, with what level of support.

If you sell World region cameras, that are not modified by you first, I hope you are an authorized reseller otherwise Hikvision will not help if customer needs to contact them for support. World region cameras are more expensive - sometimes only a little and sometimes a lot depending on where you live and the model.

Just asking those who sell cameras no matter what model, region, selling platform to be open and honest about what the customer actually gets. Then the customer can make an informed purchasing decision about what is right for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

smoothunit

n3wb
Reaction score
Slightly off topic but has anyone else noticed Ingram Micro is no longer restocking Hikvision equipment? I've been watching stock levels decline- never to be fulfilled, going on the last 45+ days now.