AliExpress - Who are people using?

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good points if ordering outside Ali, normally the seller sends you an invoice, and normally the invoice is itemized, if not, thats a red flag right there. My invoice had the cams model number and amount, NVR and amount. Like ebay, Paypal also offers adding a tracking number which protects both the seller and buyer.

Oreo10

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone had credit card fraud after ordering from AliExpress? Recently had to close my card after a bunch of unauthorized charges started coming through. Can only think of aliexpress as being a possible culprit. Ordered a few weeks ago from Shenzen Huisun Technology Co., Ltd.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Set up an Ali Pay account it's safer than PayPal, payment is only made once you confirm your happy with your goods.

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone had credit card fraud after ordering from AliExpress? Recently had to close my card after a bunch of unauthorized charges started coming through. Can only think of aliexpress as being a possible culprit. Ordered a few weeks ago from Shenzen Huisun Technology Co., Ltd.
No issues here... Made 100+ orders on AE...

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

ste92

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

shieldsy

n3wb
Reaction score
Briefly when buying on aliexpress;

1. Look for seller rating how long they have been selling
2. Feedback on the item not just the seller
3. Numbers sold

Have bought gear from Xinray very good seller never had any issues, they sell on ebay as well they sell both English up-gradable and Chinese non up-gradable gear, but you can find some equipment cheaper from other sellers so look around. You typically pay more with a seller with more feedback especially with feedback on the item you want to buy which sometimes has photo's from customers. Can be a bit of a minefield so triple check the specs and send sellers messages to answer questions is a good idea.

I typically copy the link of for example Xinray product then paste in message of seller who is selling item cheaper and ask is this the same as yours? etc.

If it's cheaper typically means slower shipping and no tracking, but I have had some some items with slow shipping estimated to arrive 21- 45 days arrive in 12 days! i'm in perth western australia so maybe proximity to china makes a difference.

Also you can try buying through the aliexpress app you get a few percent off or dollars off with some many dollar spent vouchers etc.

Tolting Colt Acres

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
hello to everyone, i would like to buy some ip hikvision cameras on aliexpress, but i would like to take original with official firmware updateable. Does anyone know about the seller XinRay Storealiexpress? it's safe?
I have bought from XinRay. Their cameras are english upgradable. My camera had an xxWR serial number (not an xxCH).

ste92

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have bought from XinRay. Their cameras are english upgradable. My camera had an xxWR serial number (not an xxCH).
thank you guys. my supplier is expensive wants 151 € excluding VAT for a hikvision minidome 4 mp 2.8 mm. EP Security has hikvision with original firmware? what's the difference between xxWR and xxCH firmware?

Tolting Colt Acres

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
thank you guys. my supplier is expensive wants 151 € excluding VAT for a hikvision minidome 4 mp 2.8 mm. EP Security has hikvision with original firmware? what's the difference between xxWR and xxCH firmware?
WR = World, CH = Chinese

You can only upgrade CH cameras with chinese firmware, which gives you chinese menus. Which is fine, if you also buy Mandarin Rosetta Stone

(Actually, you can still configure CH cameras with the english "Batch configuration tool", so in all honesty they're a bit of a PITA, but not impossible, to work with... especially if you have another camera which is english and can compare the menus to.)

ste92

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
WR = World, CH = Chinese

You can only upgrade CH cameras with chinese firmware, which gives you chinese menus. Which is fine, if you also buy Mandarin Rosetta Stone

(Actually, you can still configure CH cameras with the english "Batch configuration tool", so in all honesty they're a bit of a PITA, but not impossible, to work with... especially if you have another camera which is english and can compare the menus to.)
thank you! where do you read WR O CH? where can I find WR cameras on aliexpress or other sites? thanks again.

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It's part of the serial number

I found that only some sites make it clear the unit is a WR one and will allow upgrades, some have RED wording saying DO NOT UPGRADE That to me says it is probably CH

ste92

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thank you so much! i think i try to buy a camera on aliexpress from XinRay on offer 4 MP to 2.8 mm. i think i go on safe, update with european hikvision firmware. you confirm?

joey54

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought a DS-7608NI-E2/8P NVR and a DS-2DE3304W-DE camera on aliexpress. The delivery time was good (less than 2 weeks) and the product was what I ordered. Unfortunately, I am now having a problem with camera and the seller I dealt with is providing NO AFTER SALES SUPPORT. I tried contacting Hikvision first regarding the problem I am having with the camera (the backup config feature does not work). Hikvision told me they do not support their products unless they are purchased from an authorized distributer and that I should contact the seller. I documented the problem and sent a message to the seller, Eagle Vision Security (contact Eleven Ye) and they do not respond to my messages. I have asked them 5 times over the past 32 days to please respond to my message - and I get NO RESPONSE. So this is a warning to all users thinking of buying cctv equipment from Eagle Vision Security - DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER. After the sale has been made they basically wash their hands and you no longer exist to them. Luckily my order with them was small and I will be placing my main order with another seller.

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Have you checked any of your spam folders? Often mail from China gets pushed to there for a number of reasons. Not saying they are ignoring you, just worth checking...

shieldsy

n3wb
Reaction score
thank you so much! i think i try to buy a camera on aliexpress from XinRay on offer 4 MP to 2.8 mm. i think i go on safe, update with european hikvision firmware. you confirm?
Hi,

Do you mean via this link?

Aliexpress.com : Buy Hikvision Original English Version DS 2CD2342WD I 4MP WDR EXIR Turret Network Camera MINI Dome IP Camera CCTV Camera from Reliable camera 2.8mm suppliers on XinRay Store

I bought a couple absolutely no problem, Doris will typically send via express shipping like DHL comes with tracking if you buy four at a time. You can save a few dollars though via other sellers though grab the model number and search aliexpress but triple triple triple check before you buy because some sellers put the DS-2CD2343WD-I in the product description but will sometimes be a different camera typically the 3345-i replace etc highly annoying. Some sellers also sell on ebay price's also not too different from aliexpress if your more comfortable with ebay.

got some 2342's from this seller after usual fee's around $102 AUD including shipping, not available anymore though.

Hikvision Ds 2cd2342wd i 4 Megapixel Network Camera Color-in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

You typically have to eat the cost of shipping back to china if something is faulty depends on the seller. Also check if they have in stock sometimes cheaper means they don't have it in stock and you have to wait! If in doubt I highly recommend copy the link of a product you want from the seller like Xinray and message seller who is cheaper and paste the link and say sames as yours? Seller's English might not be the best but it's better than my Chinese!

Also you can save some dollars through the aliexpress app.

But if fast and hassle free is what you want then Xinray is the best bet.

joey54

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you checked any of your spam folders? Often mail from China gets pushed to there for a number of reasons. Not saying they are ignoring you, just worth checking...
all messages are sent through my alliexpresss account, so spam folders are not applicable. They are just not responding.

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just wanted to add here that I've been ordering from this store a few times -- VIKYLIN TECHOLOGY Store - Small Orders Online Store, Hot Selling and more on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

and they are Xinray themselves but with a different name. They are slightly cheaper than the original Xinray store.

How do I know they are Xinray?
1. When I was dealing with a wifi issue with one of my cameras, they sent me a screenshot with the SSIDs Xinray in the background.
2. Their return address on the Fedex Label says Xinray.