AliExpress - Who are people using?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

vegas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've tried three times now to get an order through Aliexpress and each time AliExpress closes the transaction for security purposes....any ideas how to get it to go through. I've submitted the ID, CC, and statement already.

olli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@vegas why not try ebay? I think they have better refund possibilities.

Last edited by a moderator:

vegas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@vegas why not try ebay? I think they have better refund possibilities.
I am getting 12 cameras and the prices on Ebay are significantly higher overall. And I like the payment idea on Aliexpress how they don't get the funds until I approve the items i have. If it doesn't work this time though, i might because Im getting tired of resubmitting the order.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am getting 12 cameras and the prices on Ebay are significantly higher overall. And I like the payment idea on Aliexpress how they don't get the funds until I approve the items i have. If it doesn't work this time though, i might because Im getting tired of resubmitting the order.
With eBay/PayPal, you have six months to open a dispute, which works out even better for you...

Sent via Taptalk

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ebay seller: SEEINGTEC
Prices are the same as Ali Express, if you buy more than 2 shipping is DHL.
Prices are make an offer.

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I used Benovision on Ali. Took a week to ship but my new units are on their way! Can't wait.

mwatz

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought English region (colored box) cameras (DS-2CD2432F-IW and DS-2CD2142FWD-IWS) from China Security Wholesale (http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/ccKGtvNm). Took 13 days to get both cameras as it took longer for the 4MP camera to ship (only 2 days shipping). I re-flashed both cameras firmware with the same English firmware from Hikvsion's website with no issues.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I bought English region (colored box) cameras (DS-2CD2432F-IW and DS-2CD2142FWD-IWS) from China Security Wholesale (http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1152139). Took 13 days to get both cameras as it took longer for the 4MP camera to ship (only 2 days shipping). I re-flashed both cameras firmware with the same English firmware from Hikvsion's website with no issues.
Does the 2142 FWD have a metal base or is it all plastic?

mwatz

n3wb
Reaction score
The housing is plastic, I believe the base it metal as its the same color and 'thumps' the same way as junction box (DS-1280ZJ-DM18)

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is there a good amount of space in the base to fit the connections or is the junction box still needed unless you want to put a larger hole into the wall?

msqr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have folks still been able to get the 2132 from Chinese sellers? Most of them claim it's been replaced with 2135, 3132 and 3135. I know the 3XXX ones are cheaper plastic vs the 2132 Aluminum, but what's everyone's suggestion? I don't want to spend extra for the 2142 right now..

moa999

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought English region (colored box) cameras (DS-2CD2432F-IW and DS-2CD2142FWD-IWS) from China Security Wholesale (http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1152139). Took 13 days to get both cameras as it took longer for the 4MP camera to ship (only 2 days shipping). I re-flashed both cameras firmware with the same English firmware from Hikvsion's website with no issues.
Pity that store no longer has any stock

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ebay seller: SEEINGTEC
Prices are the same as Ali Express, if you buy more than 2 shipping is DHL.
Prices are make an offer.
They are also on Amazon FYG but say shipped from UK. It's not if you ask them.

Personally prefer Aliexpress but understand why others would prefer eBay/Amazon.

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone ordered from CCTV Camera Wholesale (http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bYyWaAGo
Joanna has been very helpful but the store she redirected me to to make the purchases has zero reviews (http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/b3C3qcha) while being online for 1 year.
I am about to place a bigger order but am a bit hesitant to be honest.
Any thoughts?
Yes, CCTV Camera Wholesale was fine for me

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have folks still been able to get the 2132 from Chinese sellers? Most of them claim it's been replaced with 2135, 3132 and 3135. I know the 3XXX ones are cheaper plastic vs the 2132 Aluminum, but what's everyone's suggestion? I don't want to spend extra for the 2142 right now..
Not been replaced... don't fall for that lying and BS. Get a 2132 international version. They're not that much more.

If you are US... then @milkisbad for Hikvision OEM if you want metal.

2142 costs more but IMHO is worth it.

mwatz

n3wb
Reaction score
There is no space on the backside of the base for the pigtail of connections. So either you put in a junction box, drill a hole and route the cable in the hole, or simply have it coming out to the side exposed.

Is there a good amount of space in the base to fit the connections or is the junction box still needed unless you want to put a larger hole into the wall?