Alternative way of recovering HikVision NVR password

saniaowner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What is the result after using this line?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I suspect that the PC IP address is not in the same range as that of the camera.
SADP works across the IP address ranges.
The browser does not.
Suggestion - change the PC IP address to be in the same range and try the URL again.

backjack

n3wb
Reaction score
You guys were right on the money. I changed the ethernet IP address to the two different ranges and now I have two config files

saniaowner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You guys were right on the money. I changed the ethernet IP address to the two different ranges and now I have two config files
Send files here or decrypt them yourself using the online service

backjack

n3wb
Reaction score
I was trying that combination but didn't have all caps, thanks
So I tried using SADP to change the IP address of the camera and entered the password but it says Timed out. Refreshed and tried again but same. What am I missing?

saniaowner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was trying that combination but didn't have all caps, thanks
So I tried using SADP to change the IP address of the camera and entered the password but it says Timed out. Refreshed and tried again but same. What am I missing?
Use the browser to enter the camera interface, after that you can already change the password

backjack

n3wb
Reaction score
I can change the ip address but I can't see anything. So the new IP address is 10.0.0.31 & 10.0.0.33 and the NVR is 10.0.0.7 and my router is 10.0.0.138 but I still cannot see LIVE VIEW
and I can't delete the no.3 & no.4 option. No.1 & NO.2 I cannot activate delete or anything. Im doing something wrong

Attachments

backjack

n3wb
Reaction score
So Ive done a factory reset and with great difficulty I finally got it to work, man the IP address thing can be a nightmare. Thanks guys.
Now I need to find a way of watching it live on my browser, but that's for another thread.
Cheers!

Reaction score
IndexDevice TypeStatusIPv4 AddressPortEnhanced SDK Service PortSoftware VersionIPv4 GatewayHTTP PortDevice Serial NumberSubnet MaskMAC AddressEncoding Channel(s)DSP VersionStart TimeIPv6 AddressIPv6 GateWayIPv6 Prefix LengthSupport IPv6IPv6 ModifiableSupport DHCPIPv4 DHCP StatusSupport Hik-ConnectHik-Connect Status
1​
EV4004TURBO(US)Active192.168.1.123
8000​
N/AV3.5.31build 180131192.168.1.254
80​
EV4004TURBO(US)0420180905CCWRC45551936WCVU255.255.255.058-03-fb-c8-46-2c
4​
V5.0, build 171129
########​
fe80::5a03:fbff:fec8:462c::
64​
YesYesYesONYesON

Reaction score
IndexDevice TypeStatusIPv4 AddressPortEnhanced SDK Service PortSoftware VersionIPv4 GatewayHTTP PortDevice Serial NumberSubnet MaskMAC AddressEncoding Channel(s)DSP VersionStart TimeIPv6 AddressIPv6 GateWayIPv6 Prefix LengthSupport IPv6IPv6 ModifiableSupport DHCPIPv4 DHCP StatusSupport Hik-ConnectHik-Connect Status
1​
EV4004TURBO(US)Active192.168.1.123
8000​
N/AV3.5.31build 180131192.168.1.254
80​
EV4004TURBO(US)0420180905CCWRC45551936WCVU255.255.255.058-03-fb-c8-46-2c
4​
V5.0, build 171129
########​
fe80::5a03:fbff:fec8:462c::
64​
YesYesYesONYesON
PLEASE HELP ME

Kosti

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey All,
Friend got a new internet provider NBN and messed up all of his camera and NVR, as he didn't know how to fix he disconnected it and brought it to me and it appears I need to send the cvs file to hikvision, as I've tried the tools and the SADP software but still no luck in getting into the NVR to default it, or at the very least change the network
Some details of the device below and looking for ways to default or grab the admin PW from it to reset and reconfigure
Code:
DS-7108N-SN/P0820160215AARR572129828WCVU
Hope this is enough info
PEACE
Kosti

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
grab the admin PW from it to reset
Unfortunately, that's a password reset request code that must be processed by a Hikvision support system that holds the key, in order to generate the reset code.
I don't have access to the Hikvision support system that processes those requests, sorry.

Does the NVR have PoE ports with cameras connected?
If so, check the camera firmware version with SADP, when the PC is connected to an unused NVR PoE port.
If any have firmware of 5.4.0 or older, it should be possible to extract the camera configuration file with this URL as follows (change the IP address and the PC IP address to suit) :
http://<camera_IP_address>/System/configurationFile?auth=YWRtaW46MTEK

Kosti

n3wb
Reaction score
Unfortunately, that's a password reset request code that must be processed by a Hikvision support system that holds the key, in order to generate the reset code.
I don't have access to the Hikvision support system that processes those requests, sorry.

Does the NVR have PoE ports with cameras connected?
If so, check the camera firmware version with SADP, when the PC is connected to an unused NVR PoE port.
If any have firmware of 5.4.0 or older, it should be possible to extract the camera configuration file with this URL as follows (change the IP address and the PC IP address to suit) :
http://<camera_IP_address>/System/configurationFile?auth=YWRtaW46MTEK
Hey Mate, thaks for the quick reply,
Unfortunately I only have the NVR here at home, the camera's are in there shop, I could go there although there is limited space to try this as tomorrow they are opening up after all the covid-19 stuff
I've emailed HIK support so I hope they may get back to me today?
If I do go there I can try as suggested but do know know much about their FW or whats connected
PEACE
Kosti

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If I do go there I can try as suggested but do know know much about their FW or whats connected
SADP will find the cameras automatically, and show there status, firmware version, IP address and more.
Hopefully the camera firmware won't be old enough that it's using the old default passwords.
Change the PC IP address to be in the same range as that used by the camera, and issue the URL as above in the browser.
If you are lucky and it coughs up a configuration file, zip it up and attach here and we can decode it and extract the camera password.
That's usually also the NVR password if the camera was added to the NVR when the PoE port is in Plug&Play mode.

Kosti

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks heaps buddy!
The whole issue was they changed modems and ISP, and so the entire network went down it was reconfigured for their uber eats tablet and Point of Sale machine and printers except for the NVR and camera's. Since they couldn't connect to them.
Does the NVR and camera's need an internet connection to talk to SADP or a switch or hub will be enough to discover the devices?
Cheers
Kosti