Amcrest IP2M-866W To Dahua Question

Reaction score
I was wondering if it is possible to switch my Amcrest IP2M-866W PTZ to Dahua Firmware.
I was searching around & found a Dahua camera that is identical with the version also being the same.
How would I go about upgrading if this file is correct?
Current Version on Amcrest IP2M-866W: Amcrest_SD-Mao-Rhea_Eng_N_Stream3_AMCREST_V2.623.00AC005.0.R.210813

Dahua Firmware I was looking at for a similar camera:
dahuawiki.com/Firmware_Templates
Under PTZ - Last One: DH_SD-Mao-Rhea_EngSpnFrn_N_Stream3_IVS_V2.623.0000000.2.R.180913
It was released only one month before the Amcrest firmware: Also when i go to download it is version 2.800000

amcrestfirm.PNG

dahuafirm.PNG

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You would simply do a manual update and choose that file as the firmware, but do keep in mind there is always a risk of bricking the camera or it not be as responsive as the Dahua firmware needs more horsepower or it may not take the firmware at all.

We have seen many recent models that cannot be flashed with non-Amcrest firmware as they are hardcoding it.

Reaction score
You would simply do a manual update and choose that file as the firmware, but do keep in mind there is always a risk of bricking the camera or it not be as responsive as the Dahua firmware needs more horsepower or it may not take the firmware at all.

We have seen many recent models that cannot be flashed with non-Amcrest firmware as they are hardcoding it.
How about a IP4M-1028B? It is from 2017/2018? Would that be considered older?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah that is probably old enough that it wouldn't be blocked. The same caveats about it potentially bricking the camera or overloading the processor with more options is still a valid concern.

We have had many people here over the years either flash an Amcrest and Lorex camera with Dahua just fine, while others had issues.

Reaction score
Okay. Thank you for the information you gave me! I will start looking for firmware for it since it is an old camera & if something happens to it then im not at a loss. Does Dahua have firmware archives? I noticed they do not have much older firmware.